Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toothcode

Early Access Month 2 Update - Discussion Thread

animation for tab/drag looting wouldn't be an issue if you are allowed to grab multiple items at once, essentially "shift-clicking" any items you want (like a windows environment) and then dragging all the items to your inventory. hopefully they tweak this to be more efficient in the future.

8 minutes ago, NixonsHead said:

animation for tab/drag looting wouldn't be an issue if you are allowed to grab multiple items at once, essentially "shift-clicking" any items you want (like a windows environment) and then dragging all the items to your inventory. hopefully they tweak this to be more efficient in the future.

It also wouldn't be an issue if people weren't able to run up and 1 shot punch you in the head to kill/knock you out either. They really need to remove the 1 shot barehanded knockout/kill. Make it to where you have to have a melee item to 1 shot someone in the head with melee. Barehanded melee is ridiculously out of balance in the game right now. I've been knocked out/knocked others out so many times with the superman punch, yet I've hit people 2 or three times with a machete only to die to punching...it's crazy.

i can barely land hits in melee combat, by the time i get close enough, the other guy (or me) is rubberbanding and i have no idea if I'm landing any punches.

19 hours ago, Kringe7 said:

Your entire argument is the worst case of the slippery slope fallacy that I've ever seen.  Majority of the players didn't even know that it saved time doing that, which is why it's listed in every tips video ever for the game.  I guarantee you more than half the people you've played against never once drag and drop looted.

It will have an impact on the game, sure.  But a small one at best, and it doesn't take much longer because you don't need every piece of loot you come across.  Pick up what you need and keep moving and you'll save yourself plenty of time, my friend.

I'll come back to this comment in a week and see if your thought or my thought holds more true. 

PS - Majority of players who didn't know it saved time are dead majority of the time before the first zone closes... anyone with any game knowledge knew it saves time, but doesn't mean they all used it. 

If there was a single item, I clicked F. If there were multiple items I needed I used tab and drag. I would also use F to grab a gun, then use F to grab ammo, start the loading animation to reload, and while that is happening, hit tab and drag any items I needed during the animation of loading the gun.

Tab and drag to me only saved time when there was multiple items, otherwise it was still just as time intensive to click tab, drag your mouse to the item, then move said item into your inventory. And if it was a backpack, vest or armor... well you had to drag it a little farther and to the exact spot, thus taking a little bit more time.

I don't know how it will effect things yet in the general looting sense. But as others have mentioned, where it will have an effect is when you're looting a downed player. Are we going to have animation for every single little piece we want to move over? Helmet not damaged, let me grab that....wait..... ok now let me grab this gun.... wait.... ok now let me grab the ammo..... wait..... ok, let me take this grenade..... wait..... oh he's got an 8x scope! sweet! wait........ This will make looting bodies much more dangerous.

And if we're prone, will the animation make you go to kneeling? Or will there be animation while prone?

No one seems to touch the topic of the current state of the game, performance wise and FPS wise. Are there really any changes, did the game experience improve? Or you can't tell it yet since I see there are some problems with the Test servers.

8 minutes ago, xTekx said:

If there was a single item, I clicked F. If there were multiple items I needed I used tab and drag. I would also use F to grab a gun, then use F to grab ammo, start the loading animation to reload, and while that is happening, hit tab and drag any items I needed during the animation of loading the gun.

Tab and drag to me only saved time when there was multiple items, otherwise it was still just as time intensive to click tab, drag your mouse to the item, then move said item into your inventory. And if it was a backpack, vest or armor... well you had to drag it a little farther and to the exact spot, thus taking a little bit more time.

I don't know how it will effect things yet in the general looting sense. But as others have mentioned, where it will have an effect is when you're looting a downed player. Are we going to have animation for every single little piece we want to move over? Helmet not damaged, let me grab that....wait..... ok now let me grab this gun.... wait.... ok now let me grab the ammo..... wait..... ok, let me take this grenade..... wait..... oh he's got an 8x scope! sweet! wait........ This will make looting bodies much more dangerous.

And if we're prone, will the animation make you go to kneeling? Or will there be animation while prone?

Looting boxes off bodies is where I fear the change is going to be noticed most making a big difference to those who weren't blessed by the RNG gods early in the game. 

I'll have to test, but if Kneeling to loot or going prone canceled the animation that might actually help a lot! I think it wouldn't be "as good" as it was before, but would make it possible to quickly loot a box and take off. I really like this thought!

2 minutes ago, 1 post on forums said:

No one seems to touch the topic of the current state of the game, performance wise and FPS wise. Are there really any changes, did the game experience improve? Or you can't tell it yet since I see there are some problems with the Test servers.

Its a mixed bag from what I've seen, but due to server issues I believe its hard to say at this point how things are really going for everyone. Of course Client side updates will depend a lot on your Client so overall I'd say you might just have to wait and see yourself how it feels with the updates vs trusting someone's else's opinion. 

6 minutes ago, 1 post on forums said:

well, I've got 970gtx and i played one match with everything on low and got pretty stable framerate >60FPS.

There were some glitches with shadows and lightining of interiors, but I would say it's slightly better. (important note - i was not running near any urban agglomeration)

Based on recent patches, I would say that we need 3 or 4 more months, until the game will run as it should. I am not planning to buy better specs for one title. 

had 3 games before the hotfix and hat not more fps but a lot more stable and constant fps.I´dont recognize fps drops like before. I´ dont dare to believe, that it stays like this.

12 minutes ago, Oldspunk said:

had 3 games before the hotfix and hat not more fps but a lot more stable and constant fps.I´dont recognize fps drops like before. I´ dont dare to believe, that it stays like this.

I've also played a match now. Can confirm that before this patch, when dropping out of plane and starting to loot the houses I had like 15-30 fps. Now I have around 40-60 with no constant drops, all settings on very low, running GTX 960 gaming 2g, and a shit X4 Phenom 3,4ghz, 8gigs of 1866 hyperx fury. Outside of the field 60-80

So far, satisfied.

22 hours ago, BonsaiMaster said:

Can you read? They obviously make it fair by setting it to be the same with both methods, the point it you can make it in two ways:
1) Add animation to TAB method
2) Remove animation from "F" method

I think number 2. adds more skill depth into the game and increases general gameplay pace while 1. does the opposite. 

nah. add animation to tab method is obvious, it gives depth to game when it looks like youre actually looting stuff and not just having everything instantly to your inventory

>they fix an exploit that made looting easier than intended

>people complain that it removes skill from the game

>they removed skill from the game by making a thing harder to do

>they make a quality of life change to show you which direction the current circle is

>people say it removes skill

>being forced to press M to see the current circle was a skill

This seems like a place I should stay away from.

6 minutes ago, yochevy said:

yes, it will dropp later today