Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadowsgrim

keyboard n mouse use on Xbox?

so im starting to hear people say that you can use keyboard n mouse to play PUBG on xbox is there any truth to this? If there is that would seem to provide a large unfair advantage to those than have that setup. A mouse can be so much more precise than a thumbstick much less having a keyboard layout for all your actions. IMO this should stay to the PC only.

you've been playing with mnk for a decade now in all other games since xbox 360 and ps3. why is this an issue for you now?

On 4/20/2018 at 8:58 PM, Shadowsgrim said:

so im starting to hear people say that you can use keyboard n mouse to play PUBG on xbox is there any truth to this? If there is that would seem to provide a large unfair advantage to those than have that setup. A mouse can be so much more precise than a thumbstick much less having a keyboard layout for all your actions. IMO this should stay to the PC only.

Where have you been in past years? :)  It's not specific for PUBG, but mouse and keyboard can be used on xbox for quite some time. Unfortunately PUBG will not be able to separate players using controllers vs. m&k, so we have to live with this. 

8 hours ago, AmazingKamper said:

Where have you been in past years? :)  It's not specific for PUBG, but mouse and keyboard can be used on xbox for quite some time. Unfortunately PUBG will not be able to separate players using controllers vs. m&k, so we have to live with this. 

I guess I was so used to controller in my hand , that I didnt even think about putting my gaming kb&m on my console. lol it is what is.

You need special hardware for it and it does not work like it does on the PC as it is very hard to get the 1:1 ratio of controller to mouse movement as that hardware emulates a controller. Therefore you are still bound by all the same game mechanics which actually makes it quite a challenge to use KB+M sometimes. Example: You can't use the mouse to turn/aim faster than the game is designed to go. Attempting to do so will actually cause your mouse to move less because you degrade the attempted 1:1 movement. In an attempt to dumb this down a little, say you have the sensitivity of the emulator set so you can do a 360 with 10" of movement over 1 second of movement time. With this there is no stutter and it moves smoothly thus you have that 1:1 ratio. Now say you quickly move that same 10" over a half a second for one reason or another but as a result of that you would be lucky to even move 100 degrees because you destroyed the 1:1 ratio with such a quick movement that the game doesn't support.

19 hours ago, Skippy_2 said:

You need special hardware for it and it does not work like it does on the PC as it is very hard to get the 1:1 ratio of controller to mouse movement as that hardware emulates a controller. Therefore you are still bound by all the same game mechanics which actually makes it quite a challenge to use KB+M sometimes. Example: You can't use the mouse to turn/aim faster than the game is designed to go. Attempting to do so will actually cause your mouse to move less because you degrade the attempted 1:1 movement. In an attempt to dumb this down a little, say you have the sensitivity of the emulator set so you can do a 360 with 10" of movement over 1 second of movement time. With this there is no stutter and it moves smoothly thus you have that 1:1 ratio. Now say you quickly move that same 10" over a half a second for one reason or another but as a result of that you would be lucky to even move 100 degrees because you destroyed the 1:1 ratio with such a quick movement that the game doesn't support.

All true, but kb/m through an emulator is still far better than a joystick.  I'm sure there are oddballs who are just insanely good with a joystick and worthless with a mouse, but in general a mouse is just so much easier.

On 4/20/2018 at 12:58 PM, Shadowsgrim said:

If there is that would seem to provide a large unfair advantage to those than have that setup. A mouse can be so much more precise than a thumbstick much less a keyboard layout for all your actions

So first off, this topic is well past the point of beating a dead horse.

Second, I've gone from Xbox to pc and let me tell you, that after years of gaming with a controller, keyboard and mouse is the clunkiest thing ever. It is incredibly difficult to get used too. If you think that just getting a keyboard and mouse makes you better then you are wrong. You need practice with it. If you are a pro PC player and come to Xbox with keyboard and mouse then you will probably stomp on the majority of players.

However, if you think that people who buy a keyboard and mouse for pubg and are just starting with it, then you are terribly mistaken in the fact it is a huge advantage unless they're already good in PC.

mouse and keyboard on xbox is lame af. if i wanted to play with mouse and keyboard id play it on my pc hopefully they drop support for it

cant drop support for something you don't have control over

It's worse on the PS4, plugging any mouse/keyboard directly via USB works for some shooter games.

( Might not work for all games but I tested on Fortnite and it works flawlessly)

On the XBOX, you need an emulator, this gives you the opportunity to use different setups/controllers that wouldn't usually work on the console.

( ie: using Keyboard/mouse, Playstation/old controllers, racing wheels etc.. )

Putting the precision aside, the only toxic/unfair side of this is that with these emulators you can use game packs and run scripts like anti-recoil, rapid fire and aim assist abuse... That's the real problem here, for all games, not just PUBG.

It's been around for awhile BUT at least there's no blatant cheats like on the PC.