Jump to content
JeRyZ

Another patch delayed because of issues.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Really? 

I cant believe this happened again; announce a patch release date, do the test server first a day before, run into issues which you can't fix in a day and postpone the announced patch. Didn't learn from the last time? 

Result: disappointment and salt by your own doing. 

And this time I'm a lot less likely to say; 'aw, it's okay, take your time', cause this is something you could have seen coming from miles away. 

Why don't you make the patches available a week before, so you have plenty of time to fix whatever you encounter, and have a proper patch on the actual announced date? Starting next patch it will take one week longer, but then you're on track. Saves people a lot of annoyance and makes you look more professional. 

Edited by JeRyZ
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You know that this is a early access title? The whole game is a test. So now they use a test server before the other test server and here you come and wish for them to release patches on the announced date? Come on!

Edited by Spen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I agree with giving just 1 day heads-up being a tad bit short. I feel like, since live is hitting on Thursdays, why not give about 2-3 days for the testers to encounter bugs and such. 

I'd feel even better if they were to release Test server patches on weekends, a day after the Thursday live-patches. That would promote the test server even more. 

Edited by Altentio
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spen said:

You know that this is a early access title? The whole game is a test. So now they use a test server before the other test server and here you come and wish for them to release patches on the announced date? Come on!

Well, yes! Especially since it happened before. But if you read till the end, then you can see I'm also offering a solution for this. 

I'm all for PUBG and the dev team, but this is so easy to solve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your feedback.

However, as most people are aware that this game is under rapid development and it's Early Access. When the test servers fulfill their purpose and critical faults are identified patches will be delayed getting to the live server. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suspicious Pixel said:

Thanks for your feedback.

However, as most people are aware that this game is under rapid development and it's Early Access. When the test servers fulfill their purpose and critical faults are identified patches will be delayed getting to the live server. 

 

Completely understandable. Pushing a patch to test servers and then pushing it to public servers is the best way to go. However, as someone else suggested, would it not be a good idea to push it to test a few days earlier so that the issues can be identified? This way it will prevent "anger" or "disappointment" from the players. Or just set the patch release day 3 or 4 days later. This way you have a bigger chance of hitting the right dates and it will prevent a lot of complaining. 

Not saying you're not doing a good job though, I know you're all on it and working very hard! Keep it up! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Suspicious Pixel said:

Thanks for your feedback.

However, most people are aware that this game is under rapid development and it's Early Access. When the test servers fulfill their purpose and critical faults are identified patches will be delayed getting to the live server. 

 

Thank you, but I am 'most people'. Could you also respond to the suggestion I opted? 

It's easy to hide behind the 'Early Access' Wall. It's harder to acknowledge something that went wrong, and improve the next time.

Again; I love the game, and the job you all are doing, but there's always room for improvement, isn't there? 

Edited by JeRyZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they could be like other dev teams and just release patches that break shit, ignore it, release more broken patches and continue to ignore the community and then finally release the last of the shit patches and then state the game is done and move on to their next game. 

They are doing what SHOULD BE DONE for an Early Access title, despite popular belief Early Access is still a BETA. If the game had it's updates a week before they went live then the dev team would need to be constantly a week ahead of schedule which for any team out there is highly unlikely to ever happen. 

Just relax and keep playing or take a break and come back when the update roll out. Complaining isn't speeding up anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright. 

I see that I might aswell talk to a door. 

Thank you to the people that understood my point of criticism, and my suggestion. 

I'm out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@JeRyZ, I feel you bro, come back.

Fanboys are now like 'It's EA, don't you dare complain!'
Alright, it's EA, open beta, whatever, call it what you like, but still - you have to pay for it. If you pay for something, you have the right to expect results. You take a part in development of a game by providing feedback, but you can't have a refund if something goes in a bad direction, so I have the right to be concerned about delays.

I was addicted to this game, hell, I still enjoy it, but today's delay of a patch is really disappointing, not to mention serverside problems. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't ANOTHER patch delayed. I also think that pushing patches earlier on tests servers would be a better idea, because that's their point, right? To eliminate gamebreaking bugs before pushing them on main servers.

That's my opinion and I am really tired of seeing those 'IT'S EARLY ACCESS, GET USED TO IT, IMAH FANBOY' replies in almost every topic.

Edited by T.Bag
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nibashe said:

Completely understandable. Pushing a patch to test servers and then pushing it to public servers is the best way to go. However, as someone else suggested, would it not be a good idea to push it to test a few days earlier so that the issues can be identified? This way it will prevent "anger" or "disappointment" from the players. Or just set the patch release day 3 or 4 days later. This way you have a bigger chance of hitting the right dates and it will prevent a lot of complaining. 

Not saying you're not doing a good job though, I know you're all on it and working very hard! Keep it up! 

1 hour ago, T.Bag said:

@JeRyZ, I feel you bro, come back.

Fanboys are now like 'It's EA, don't you dare complain!'
Alright, it's EA, open beta, whatever, call it what you like, but still - you have to pay for it. If you pay for something, you have the right to expect results. You take a part in development of a game by providing feedback, but you can't have a refund if something goes in a bad direction, so I have the right to be concerned about delays.

I was addicted to this game, hell, I still enjoy it, but today's delay of a patch is really disappointing, not to mention serverside problems. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't ANOTHER patch delayed. I also think that pushing patches earlier on tests servers would be a better idea, because that's their point, right? To eliminate gamebreaking bugs before pushing them on main servers.

That's my opinion and I am really tired of seeing those 'IT'S EARLY ACCESS, GET USED TO IT, IMAH FANBOY' replies in almost every topic.

The patch wasn't ready a few days earlier to publish to the Test Server. Just because some people understand Early Access games does not make them fan boys. 

Additionally

I'd like to thank those who were patient whilst the issues were being resolved; submitted crash reports and did not throw toys out of their pram. The devs are working hard resolving bugs and the team is continuing to expand. Thanks for all your support. 

:x

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Suspicious Pixel said:

The patch wasn't ready a few days earlier to publish to the Test Server. Just because some people understand Early Access games does not make them fan boys. 

Additionally

I'd like to thank those who were patient whilst the issues were being resolved; submitted crash reports and did not throw toys out of their pram. The devs are working hard resolving bugs and the team is continuing to expand. Thanks for all your support. 

:x

 

Hey mod, don't get me wrong on this one - I understand that it is Early Access, but the game being in EA shouldn't be an excuse for some people to deny every negative feedback/complain. I haven't got many posts on the forum, but you can see that I tried helping some folks on Polish forum and also I tried to provide detailed feedback regarding game's behaviour on my rig. Also, isn't complaining also an another way to show that we CARE about the game?
And good to hear about upcoming patch, I can't wait to play.

Edited by T.Bag
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, T.Bag said:

Hey mod, don't get me wrong on this one - I understand that it is Early Access, but the game being in EA shouldn't be an excuse for some people to deny every negative feedback/complain. I haven't got many posts on the forum, but you can see that I tried helping some folks on Polish forum and also I tried to provide detailed feedback regarding game's behaviour on my rig. Also, isn't complaining also an another way to show that we CARE about the game?
And good to hear about upcoming patch, I can't wait to play.

This. 

Also @Suspicious Pixel, awesome that the patch will be released!

Just try and see it from both sides :) I understand EA very well, but when there is an announcement, expectations are raised ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see I'm quoted and linked to "Throwing toys out of my pram"

I understand early access, I also understand the difference between a suggestion and unfounded rants. I was making a suggestion but it seems that any kind of criticism, even when it is something small and explained in detail, is seen as an attack. Really makes you wonder what the point is in trying to suggest things which could actually help. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×