Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zaastro

Xbox One X Crashes

Can they please give an option to disable character preview in inventory. What is the point of this feature on the X if it constantly causes my game to crash. Every time I crash it's because I'm opening the inventory.

Yeah. The only time I ever crash is when I’m in inventory. I don’t think it has to do with the character either (it is there to see the gear on them, helps in FPP) I crash when I open my inventory and then close and reopen quickly. I try to avoid that now. 

5 hours ago, Zaastro said:

Can they please give an option to disable character preview in inventory. What is the point of this feature on the X if it constantly causes my game to crash. Every time I crash it's because I'm opening the inventory.

Will this always be an Xbox one x feature?

37 minutes ago, Cadillac said:

restart the game every 3 to 4 games and u wont crash anymore

We shouldn't have to do this. The games needs to be optimised to avoid crashing, and I think this is an excellent suggestion.

My regular squad runs hardware that ranges from my XBOX Scorpio and SSD, to an original Xbox 1.  We all get crashes at about the same rate. The only difference is recovery time and performance at the start of the game (playdoh etc).

2 hours ago, Cadillac said:

That does not work.  I've tried.

That said, this is from the test server patch notes:

The inventory has been optimized, improving response time when opening it and solving some crashing issues.

There was a Digital Foundry video I watched where they mentioned the depth of field affect around the inventory when in it causes an unnecessary strain on the system.

The original Xbox does not have this affect while in the inventory. The surrounding scenery appears as it would while out of the inventory.

2 hours ago, daydayvol said:

(it is there to see the gear on them, helps in FPP)

Don't you just look at your gear slots in the inventory menu to see if you have gear? 

7 minutes ago, TidePod said:

Don't you just look at your gear slots in the inventory menu to see if you have gear? 

I usually look at my player because I don’t like FPP on this game. Needs more optimization. 

I look at my gear slots when I open my menu but it is also really easy to justness look at the player model quickly. 

1 hour ago, TriviaJockey said:

That does not work.  I've tried.

That said, this is from the test server patch notes:

The inventory has been optimized, improving response time when opening it and solving some crashing issues.

who are you telling? lol it works 100% for me . i havent crashed in months . i did the same on the pc in the beginning , it would also crash alot. i loot through the inventory too.

3 hours ago, Cadillac said:

sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I crashed my first game last night and made sure i "start quit" before i start running PUBG. 

8 hours ago, Zaastro said:

On an unrelated topic, nice videos dude aha

Just now, NEPA Kyle said:

sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I crashed my first game last night and made sure i "start quit" before i start running PUBG. 

pay attention and not go over 3 games without a restart i bet itll work 100% no crashes.

Just now, Cadillac said:

pay attention and not go over 3 games without a restart i bet itll work 100% no crashes.

I don't think you understand.. I freshly turned my xbox on, went to pubg, hit the menu button, quit the game, then fired it up. I crashed the first game I played. It's random and there's countless reasons why games crash. It doesn't have anything to do with how often you restart your game or not. It may help, but it certainly doesn't stop it. 

2 minutes ago, NEPA Kyle said:

I don't think you understand.. I freshly turned my xbox on, went to pubg, hit the menu button, quit the game, then fired it up. I crashed the first game I played. It's random and there's countless reasons why games crash. It doesn't have anything to do with how often you restart your game or not. It may help, but it certainly doesn't stop it. 

yea it usually the ram causing it. and ive never had a crash first game ever. nor has anyone of my squad. we play everyday about 10 games or more and none of us crash anymore because of the restarting. and im the only one on the x.

5 hours ago, Cadillac said:

who are you telling? lol it works 100% for me . i havent crashed in months . i did the same on the pc in the beginning , it would also crash alot. i loot through the inventory too.

I don't know man, I frequently quit out of the game entirely and restart it, but I still crash (from the 'inventory screen bug').