Sign in to follow this  
Continental

FPS less than 60

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask some people who have tested all settings and are familiar what the game needs and does not need to suggest some improvement for ingame performance.

i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz
8 GB DDR4
nVidia GTX 1050 (4GB)
All settings set to very low except distance and texture to medium.

I got average of 30-45, sometimes 55 FPS while there is no action around me, but it still bugs me to play under 60. Is there any option to improve this without removing shadows and things which will hurt the game looks?

There isn't really much else to do other than lowering the graphical settings of the game and using launch commands. The only limiting factor with your specs is the GTX 1050. The GPU is on par with the GTX 660, which is noted as the minium required card to run PUBG. Coupled with your card having around 4GB of vram, which will make the game slightly unstable which will result in fps drops, you really should try and upgrade your GPU. The devs are going to optimise GPU usage as this game is quite CPU heavy at the moment, and getting a better more sufficent card will help you obtain a stable rate in the long run ^_^

As for launch options, try -USEALLAVAILABLECORES and -malloc-system. Try -sm4 too, just keep in mind this forces the game to use DirectX 10 which will make textures a little less detailed.

2 hours ago, Continental said:

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask some people who have tested all settings and are familiar what the game needs and does not need to suggest some improvement for ingame performance.

i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz
8 GB DDR4
nVidia GTX 1050 (4GB)
All settings set to very low except distance and texture to medium.

I got average of 30-45, sometimes 55 FPS while there is no action around me, but it still bugs me to play under 60. Is there any option to improve this without removing shadows and things which will hurt the game looks?

One slightly inexpensive option is to upgrade your ram from 8gb to 16gb.  Some users have said that upgrading their ram up from 8gb significantly boosted their fps. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kaynn said:

There isn't really much else to do other than lowering the graphical settings of the game and using launch commands. The only limiting factor with your specs is the GTX 1050. The GPU is on par with the GTX 660, which is noted as the minium required card to run PUBG. Coupled with your card having around 4GB of vram, which will make the game slightly unstable which will result in fps drops, you really should try and upgrade your GPU. The devs are going to optimise GPU usage as this game is quite CPU heavy at the moment, and getting a better more sufficent card will help you obtain a stable rate in the long run ^_^

As for launch options, try -USEALLAVAILABLECORES and -malloc-system. Try -sm4 too, just keep in mind this forces the game to use DirectX 10 which will make textures a little less detailed.

Thanks for the suggestions. However, I have used these launch settings, but it didn't get better.

51 minutes ago, Peterroxible said:

One slightly inexpensive option is to upgrade your ram from 8gb to 16gb.  Some users have said that upgrading their ram up from 8gb significantly boosted their fps. 

I was considering that, but does it actually need that much RAM? I think it's dependable, because currently when ingame I am using between 80-87% RAM, basically it does not go over 90% which means that it is quite enough. I assume that if I want to increase the distance view to high or ultra it will need more RAM so it can load farther surroundings and keep them cashed, isn't that so?

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Continental said:

I was considering that, but does it actually need that much RAM? I think it's dependable, because currently when ingame I am using between 80-87% RAM, basically it does not go over 90% which means that it is quite enough. I assume that if I want to increase the distance view to high or ultra it will need more RAM so it can load farther surroundings and keep them cashed, isn't that so?

The way Windows works you're going to get a performance hit well before you even hit that 80%. There's no such thing as 90+% memory usage without it hitting the system hard. Been a while since I had 8Gb so I'm not 100% sure, but I recall that I started to hit the rough waters on something I played at the time when memory usage went over 60%.

Edited by Aiiiiiiiii