Jump to content
djeff193

Please, do not make the game easier!

Recommended Posts

I'm from Russia and I write through an interpreter, but I hope you'll get me.

Developers, please do not make the game easier! Do not do it for children! The complexity of your game is the reason for its success / popularity!

You decided to add animation when dragging items. What for?
Why not leave a few different types of picking up items? Those who have just started playing can click on F. Those who have more experience can press TAB and then click the right mouse button. Those who are even more experienced can pick up items very quickly by dragging.
Why are you trying to simplify this moment?

What will you do next? Will make the map more smooth? To make it easier to ride a car? To hide was more difficult? Can be added help with the aiming as in the GTA on consoles? Can you make the players highlight on the map?

I beg you not to simplify the game!

The game became semi-ill, not because of what it will be in the future, but because of what it is now!

Do not make it worse!

Thank you!

PS This is the best game in the last few years!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that's how the new looting works. They have just added an animation to the action, which will just make the looting a tad slower. The animation is there so people will be able to tell if you're picking something up or not. I fail to see how it has simplified anything. As far as I know, you can still loot by pressing "f", right clicking items, and drag-n-drop.

Also, seems like the new loot mechanism won't be deployed until later.

LwpsRYV.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Natantesh said:

I don't think that's how the new looting works. They have just added an animation to the action, which will just make the looting a tad slower. The animation is there so people will be able to tell if you're picking something up or not. I fail to see how it has simplified anything. As far as I know, you can still loot by pressing "f", right clicking items, and drag-n-drop.

Also, seems like the new loot mechanism won't be deployed until later.

LwpsRYV.jpg

 

Yeah, I'd agree they'd need to add that animation to make it fair.  At least I think it's only fair, to either have the mechanic or get rid of it, either way, altogether.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Natantesh said:

I don't think that's how the new looting works. They have just added an animation to the action, which will just make the looting a tad slower. The animation is there so people will be able to tell if you're picking something up or not. I fail to see how it has simplified anything. As far as I know, you can still loot by pressing "f", right clicking items, and drag-n-drop.

 

A tad slower? I could pick up 5-10 items in the time it took to pick up one with the new mechanic. It was a skill-ceiling in that with practice you could loot a house in lets say 15 seconds while new players took 30-60 seconds because they either pressed F on every item they wanted or were careful when dragging items in tab.

We'll see what the new changes will be, if it means a much faster animation I won't mind too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rudolpher said:

A tad slower? I could pick up 5-10 items in the time it took to pick up one with the new mechanic. It was a skill-ceiling in that with practice you could loot a house in lets say 15 seconds while new players took 30-60 seconds because they either pressed F on every item they wanted or were careful when dragging items in tab.

We'll see what the new changes will be, if it means a much faster animation I won't mind too much.

Oh, okay. I haven't tried it out myself yet.. but that doesn't sound optimal. Maybe they will be tweaking the mechanic a bit more before they deploy it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Natantesh said:

Oh, okay. I haven't tried it out myself yet.. but that doesn't sound optimal. Maybe they will be tweaking the mechanic a bit more before they deploy it again.

Yeah I saw a suggestion that if you crouch over a stack of loot(or dead player box) you can do it like the old system with tab-dragging. I'm hoping the developers consider this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rudolpher said:

A tad slower? I could pick up 5-10 items in the time it took to pick up one with the new mechanic. It was a skill-ceiling in that with practice you could loot a house in lets say 15 seconds while new players took 30-60 seconds because they either pressed F on every item they wanted or were careful when dragging items in tab.

We'll see what the new changes will be, if it means a much faster animation I won't mind too much.

I'm not sure this skill should be the asset we, as players, are trying to compete for.  Honestly.  Isn't the ability to open a door, quick scan the room and decide if you even go in or not, and then execute the plan quickly WAY MORE relevant than who can use a stupid game mechanic better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×