Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bouffon

NEED MORE LOOT

need more loots !!!!!!!!! so many time you are just unlucky go in some house with no loot and get kill without being able to fight back ! have to connect again have to wait and everything  its boring -_-

I in my opinion the loot system is pretty balanced. As @Shortstacker stated maybe you should try to go to a less populated area. A tip: you can glide pretty far away from the plane, just by holding up your mouse and pressing W at the same time. if you do this I garentee you that you will not have a problem with finding loot.

3 minutes ago, Glorifiedham said:

I in my opinion the loot system is pretty balanced. As @Shortstacker stated maybe you should try to go to a less populated area. A tip: you can glide pretty far away from the plane, if you do this I garentee you that you will not have a problem with finding loot.

You are 100% correct, but at the same time, it's part of the problem.  It promotes a lot of camping.

"camping" or in this case, holding a strategically superior position, is a large part of the game, as is camping the campers. if you know someone is inside, put yourself in a strategically superior position, and kill them when they exit.

19 minutes ago, randomhero1090 said:

You are 100% correct, but at the same time, it's part of the problem.  It promotes a lot of camping.

Well in my opinion the camping is not a problem, atleast not a big one. Surely I get annoyed when someone is camping a toilet with a shotgun, and just when I am about to open the door I get my head blown away to Pluto. But at the same time I consider this to be a thrill, never knowing what is lurking around the corner. I do not think that the loot system is the bad guy, if there is one when its comes to camping. In my opinion more guns does not equal less camping  If I have too I would point at the "poisonous fog". Maybe it is a little bit too slow at the first three ticks alowing camping thrive early game. Tbh I really like the game's balance overall. Remove the "camping" could endup removing the tactical side of the game, which would be bad.

Sorry for my poor English. 

Loot's not spawning in immediately, loot is clumping in weird ways. Frequently being the first person on the ground is a disadvantage because weapons will spawn for the guy chasing you. It's a problem. The best bet is to try to identify a good loot spot where you can get your initial gear without pistol fighting for it, but sometimes you'll find some dude has the same idea as you and is going to try to punch kill you (another pet peeve of mine :P ) before you can shoot him.

If loot doesn't spawn in at least a statistically predictable manner (like "85% of the time there will be a gun in this house type" instead of "sometimes I can get a pistol, sometimes the bottom floor is all pants and nothing has spawned on the second floor") then you're not able to reliably make the correct decisions that only occasionally are ruined by bad luck.

2 minutes ago, Quasispec said:

Loot's not spawning in immediately, loot is clumping in weird ways. Frequently being the first person on the ground is a disadvantage because weapons will spawn for the guy chasing you. It's a problem. The best bet is to try to identify a good loot spot where you can get your initial gear without pistol fighting for it, but sometimes you'll find some dude has the same idea as you and is going to try to punch kill you (another pet peeve of mine :P ) before you can shoot him.

If loot doesn't spawn in at least a statistically predictable manner (like "85% of the time there will be a gun in this house type" instead of "sometimes I can get a pistol, sometimes the bottom floor is all pants and nothing has spawned on the second floor") then you're not able to reliably make the correct decisions that only occasionally are ruined by bad luck.

Agreed, I've seen times where there are 3 of one weapon and 3 times the ammo in the same room or table.  Which is great if you're looking for that weapon or ammo :P

19 hours ago, NixonsHead said:

"camping" or in this case, holding a strategically superior position, is a large part of the game, as is camping the campers. if you know someone is inside, put yourself in a strategically superior position, and kill them when they exit.

The kind of camping I am talking about.....  I am talking about those who drop in way out, loot because there is loot everywhere, drive into the center of the white circle, pick a house, and sit there for 15 minutes.

If I see someone go into a house and I can wait for them to come out, I don't consider that camping.

I'd like to see some sort of "reward" for those who push the pace a bit.  The loot for 10 minutes and never see a single person gets a little stale, for me.  That's me.  Some like the "tactical" aspect of the game.  I do to a degree.

19 hours ago, Glorifiedham said:

Well in my opinion the camping is not a problem, atleast not a big one. Surely I get annoyed when someone is camping a toilet with a shotgun, and just when I am about to open the door I get my head blown away to Pluto. But at the same time I consider this to be a thrill, never knowing what is lurking around the corner. I do not think that the loot system is the bad guy, if there is one when its comes to camping. In my opinion more guns does not equal less camping  If I have too I would point at the "poisonous fog". Maybe it is a little bit too slow at the first three ticks alowing camping thrive early game. Tbh I really like the game's balance overall. Remove the "camping" could endup removing the tactical side of the game, which would be bad.

Sorry for my poor English. 

English is just fine!

I get it.  There is a fine balance.

I will give you the "this game makes you very alert" approach.

18 hours ago, Quasispec said:

The late loot spawn just sucks.  My upgraded my system (get 80fps consistently last night with AA/PP/Text on Ultra @ 1080p).  I now hit the ground before most, versus being late.  

But the funny thing is I felt like I had more of an advantage coming in late at times.  I did a direct drop over one of the major cities and then freelooked and saw a trail of people behind me.  I slowed up, let them pass, then picked an area to land that gave me like a minute to gear up.  I got 5 kills in like 3 minutes then.  Red dot m16 with level 1 helmet and vest.  That's it.  I had an idea where most people were.  Worked the outside of the city and picked them off.

2 hours ago, randomhero1090 said:

The late loot spawn just sucks.  My upgraded my system (get 80fps consistently last night with AA/PP/Text on Ultra @ 1080p).  I now hit the ground before most, versus being late.  

But the funny thing is I felt like I had more of an advantage coming in late at times.  I did a direct drop over one of the major cities and then freelooked and saw a trail of people behind me.  I slowed up, let them pass, then picked an area to land that gave me like a minute to gear up.  I got 5 kills in like 3 minutes then.  Red dot m16 with level 1 helmet and vest.  That's it.  I had an idea where most people were.  Worked the outside of the city and picked them off.

This can bite you in the ass. Landing outside of a city trying to get loot.. You might end up with a pistol.

Please devs do not follow what he is asking for. More loot is not necessary. It is a BR, it's part of the game. If the loot becomes too easy the game is going to finish as H1 with Ar-15 everywhere... Pls don't break my favourite game 

I agree with AribasXoZ.  Please do not alter the amount of loot.  Lazy folks that wont go look for cars or loot need not play.

Changing loot distribution to zone distributed instead of spot distributed would solve most of the problems.

Most houses are in a group or a compound that is isolated and located off from other compounds. Instead of determining what quality loot will drop per spot, maybe distribute the items evenly within a specified zone. Instead of having 15 AR's spawning inside one batch of buildings and none in 2 other compounds, distribute the spawns 5 per compound. This will lower the RNG while keeping the loot at the same level it is. This way you will know you would be guaranteed a good item from a zone ie : 

5% - Top tier (Suppressors, Lv3 gear, High grade weapons)

20% - Mid tier (x4 and x8 scopes, Lv2 gear and Med and Boosts, mid tier weapons)

75 - Bottom tier (Clothes, Lv1 gear, Bottom tier weapons)

Or one should learn to deal with the hand that was dealt to them instead of expecting things to be easy.  Quite a few times I have landed and had to move a long way to find decent items, it is part of the game... and I still made it to the top 10.

14 minutes ago, Sharkstache said:

Did you seriously just suggest 8x scopes are mid tier loot? :D

Yes - the scopes are not as high end as Lv3 Gear and Suppressors in my opinion. Be mindful that they also have a lot of competition in that area from other mid tier loot so they could be made more rare in the mid tier itself. 

You might be right.

I sitll believe 8x's are high end loot though. 4x's are close, but a bit more common. 

For example, you mentioned high grade weapons as level 3 loot, and I really don't think any weapon in the game is as rare as level 3 helmets or even 8x scopes.

Not counting the VSS though, the sample size is way too small to judge that accurately at this point.

Ya loot is fucked , I see three assault rifles stacked in the same room and the rest of the city is empty besides pistols and shotguns . Seems to me the loot bug is still present ...

Why do you complain about loot?

In squad games it can be more more problematic if you have to share 1 pistol, Uzi and a frying pan between squadmates, but I think that's something special in this game - working with what you get. We had countless of games, where we had almost everything and died because of stupid mistakes. And we had games with bad loot but with a different playstyle we were able to manage going into top 5/10squads.

In solo, if I can't get loot, I just hunt to it - set ambushes/camp or hunt carelesl players. That's how I've got my only 2 wins - I started with poor loot, which made me more thoughtful about the game, so I had to use more careful approach - flashbangs and smoke grenades are in the game for a reason.

Even with house full of clothes only you can drop energy drink or some attachments you don't need to make house appear non-looted and convince people to rush upstairs rambo-style for more loot - +1 frag.

This game is about thinking and working with what've got, not about looting. If you want loot, go play WoW with me, they are releasing new raid soon, lol.

I guess we should never be surprised at how many people will throw out a "git gud" when you talk about this sort of thing. I don't really think you need to be able to outfit yourself all level 3 at any farm compound, but if you have a cluster of 4 houses solo and you can't get a vest, helmet, backpack, SMG and red dot or holo out of that then something's wrong.

Like many of the issues in this game, I think the people that say it's not a problem are often people that just haven't had to deal with it. :P

I don't think there needs to be more loot. In solo and duos I can usually be outfittted well enough to get on with killing other players. At some point I say to myself "all loot from now on will be from bodies".

Squads are a different story but even there I think it has more to do with decisions made about landing points. The amount of times I've been in a squad where the choice is amde to land on a group of 4 buildings in the middle of nowhere and then they wonder why we have no gear.

That all being said (without seeing loot tables) I would like to see every loot spot be dedicated to a loot type i.e. projectile weapon, melee weapon or attachment, armour or helmet, cosmetics (though i'd prefer to see them gone and just added to rewards) and meds. That way a group of say 3 houses would have enough gear for a solo player. I also would like to see the loot sports reworked for houses. Some of them aren't worth walking into simply because they have so few actually loot spawns. On the other hand there is one spot on the map that has a greater concentration of loot within a few buildings then anywhere else but even that can occasionally be lacking due to RNG.

I dont think that players needs more loot for sure... The less loot we got - the more this game is all about surviving and tactic, and more loot we get - it all becomes like a fight, Counter Strike ect....
Every time like some player got 3lvl helmet+3lvl armor the more it kills any tactic and smart moves. I mean even if go from behind or start first - he will just turn around and kill u, what the sence ? Its not a fight betveen some robocops, its a hardly survival game.
Imagine that there will be even less loot, then it is in noverdays... if u was forced to use even some Machete or ect, Crossbow mb, and Fire weapon becomes pretty rare... i think that this game become even more fun.

I dont think that players needs more loot for sure... The less loot we got - the more this game is all about surviving and tactic, and more loot we get - it all becomes like a fight, Counter Strike ect....
Every time like some player got 3lvl helmet+3lvl armor the more it kills any tactic and smart moves. I mean even if go from behind or start first - he will just turn around and kill u, what the sence ? Its not a fight betveen some robocops, its a hardly survival game.
Imagine that there will be even less loot, then it is in noverdays... if u was forced to use even some Machete or ect, Crossbow mb, and Fire weapon becomes pretty rare... i think that this game become even more fun.