TheRealTroyG

Menu Issues when re-keying controls into menu

once in awhile when my bags are full It does not allow me to tab loot add-ons for the guns it does not enough room even tho I'm adding it to the gun I don't know if anyone else is having that same issue

Posted (edited)

Hello Troy, I don't think this is a bug first off,  its because your inventory is full in the first place. If you are wanting to add attachments to your weapon make sure you allow for space in your inventory so you can equip the desired attachment for your gun.

Edited by Aldawgs

Posted (edited)

... which is the default behaviour of the SHIFT key, that we non-SHIFT-sprint users would like !! (e.g. I'd like to sprint AND hold breath with Z, like normal users sprint AND hold breath with SHIFT).

What a deception seeing this in the changelog but so poorly thought and integrated.

Anybody knows a workaround ? Editing config files maybe ?

Edited by oukourj
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, oukourj said:

... which is the default behaviour of the SHIFT key, that we non-SHIFT-sprint users would like !! (e.g. I'd like to sprint AND hold breath with Z, like normal users sprint AND hold breath with SHIFT).

What a deception seeing this in the changelog but so poorly thought and integrated.

Wait. How in the hell can you sprint AND hold breath? Because if you're sprinting, your shot can't really be focused, you may as well crouch and get that reduced spread. 

What I'm trying to say is, it's unrealistic to sprint and get a snipe shot. Think about it. Sprinting and putting your rifle scope up to your face. Not gonna be a good time. 

Just now, Jbwrecked said:

Wait. How in the hell can you sprint AND hold breath? Because if you're sprinting, your shot can't really be focused, you may as well crouch and get that reduced spread.

It's precisely because you can't do both at once that having the same key binding makes sense. You use only one key for two things taht cannot happen at the same time.

And, btw, it IS the actual default behavior of the game. You spint with SHIFT, you hold breath with SHIFT.

Just now, oukourj said:

It's precisely because you can't do both at once that having the same key binding makes sense. You use only one key for two things taht cannot happen at the same time.

And, btw, it IS the actual default behavior of the game. You spint with SHIFT, you hold breath with SHIFT.

I completely understand the mechanics of the keybind. I'm not debating that. I think it's that way for a reason. Try sprinting and even holding a pistol and see how accurate you can aim it. Disclaimer: Please unload it and recheck and it's unloaded IF you're actually going to try this. 

tl;dr: Unrealistic to sprint and "hold breath" to focus. You might as well just stop or crouch walk. 

You don't get my point at all. I just want the actual SHIFT behaviour to be applicable to another key. With sprinting and hold breath function bound to it. I'm 100% sure about what I'm suggesting, please answer further arguments in private messages to me, so that I can explain it to you without ruining this feed.

2 minutes ago, oukourj said:

You don't get my point at all. I just want the actual SHIFT behaviour to be applicable to another key. With sprinting and hold breath function bound to it. I'm 100% sure about what I'm suggesting, please answer further arguments in private messages to me, so that I can explain it to you without ruining this feed.

I think your explanation is misleading then. I'm keeping this here in the case that others have the same question. Are you simply saying that you want to sprint while holding a different bind for hold breath so that when you stop sprinting, the hold breath comes in automatically or something? Because, and I quote you, " (e.g. I'd like to sprint AND hold breath with Z)" is completely unrealistic to do and should definitely not be a function to have. I understand just having separate buttons for the convenience of maybe being used to a different game that has this, but you're never going to be able to hold breath for a steadier shot while sprinting. So it's like this on purpose IMO. 

Posted (edited)

the point of this is that from the beginning, the Left Shift key defaulted to 2 actions - sprint and hold breath.

Now that they are separate binds, the idea was for us lefties to finally be able to set these 2 actions to the same key, so that right handed players didn't have an advantage.  The current way these 2 binds works is as follows:

• If you set both actions to Left Shift, the game allows it
  • If you set both actions to anything else, the game does not allow it.

This needs to be addressed as right handed players still have an advantage.  All they need to do is allow these 2 actions to be bound to the same key regardless if it is Left Shift or not.  Before you say "just bind it to something else", why?   All along, these 2 actions were bound to a single key...  I'm a left handed player and have to use the arrow keys for movement.  I'd like to use Numpad0 for both sprint and hold breath just the same way right-handed players can use Left Shift for the same.

Edited by ✪ sblizz ✪
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think your explanation is misleading then.

Maybe.

I want to sprint AND hold breath, but never at the same time. But with the same key. Like it does default with SHIFT... -___-

Edited by oukourj

2 minutes ago, ✪ sblizz ✪ said:

the point of this is that from the beginning, the Left Shift key defaulted to 2 actions - sprint and hold breath.

Thank you for understanding me, I was starting to question my own point ^_^

13 minutes ago, oukourj said:

Maybe.

I want to sprint AND hold breath, but never at the same time. But with the same key. Like it does default with SHIFT... -___-

Ah, understandable. I thought you wanted to literally get a more focused, reduced-sway shot off while sprinting lol. But I agree, it does provide a benefit to some where it is a downfall to others. In which case I agree. No reason for them to be force bound together. 

2 hours ago, oukourj said:

I assumed this is how it would work as well.  Disappointed to hear it is not.  I would think it would be an easy fix.  Just allow the hold breath key to double bind to any key (other than W,A,S,D maybe).  Problem solved.

• Like 1

I don't see how this is an issue. You only hold breath for shooting when you're ADS. Otherwise when you're moving you're not able to ADS and thus the binding is free to go to sprinting.

Thank god someone else caught onto this.

To anyone confused as to what this post is about: They've just introduced the option to bind hold breath in today's patch (as it was originally hard-coded into the shift key which is by default also the sprint key). This is great news for people who use shift instead of C to crouch as they were effectively having to crouch/stand up when holding their breath whilst scoping (adaptable but not ideal).

Problem now is that the hold breath can only be bound to one key at a time (except for shift as it used to be). They've given us the freedom to change the hold breath button which is fantastic, however it's not been properly implemented. As people have rightly stated, there's no need to be sprinting and holding breath at the same time... hence this is precisely the reason why we should be able to bind hold breath to a key already occupied (such as sprint). Hopefully this made a little more sense!

Furthermore I think they could do with adding a single separate binding for switching shoulder in third-person as Q and E is just silly and awkward in my mind. It's fine for leaning, but the purpose of shoulder-swapping is a different matter and one button to toggle each shoulder should suffice (such as middle mouse).

• Like 1

So I wanted to bind sprint and hold breath to my mouse 2.  It just clears it if I try to bind more than one thing to it, yet I can bind more than one thing to left shift?  Seems like something that needs fixing :D.

16 hours ago, TheRealTroyG said:

once in awhile when my bags are full It does not allow me to tab loot add-ons for the guns it does not enough room even tho I'm adding it to the gun I don't know if anyone else is having that same issue

Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if you do not follow the bug reporting format for threads which includes posting your system information.

Please reply to this thread with the format in the thread below and I'll update your first post.
Hopefully we can find a fix for you as soon as possible! :-)

Was playing around with keying a control into PUBG to goof around and now cannot get my controls back to normal (or to anything, for that matter)

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it did not help. 

it continues to show keys as being in the red unlabled format and when i try to apply any changes, it will not respond and when i exit, it will revert back to normal.

Hello Blindly, Try deleting your user game settings and re verifying your game cache. Also note try editing the file itself if you want to use certain keys etc.

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor