Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr Carbine89

Rain and fog.

I am hoping that alot of people feel like I do and just adding rain and fog to both maps will do enough to mix things up a bit. I am really looking forward to the new map, but the introduction of rain and fog will surely make things feel fresh.

4 minutes ago, Mr Carbine89 said:

I am hoping that alot of people feel like I do and just adding rain and fog to both maps will do enough to mix things up a bit. I am really looking forward to the new map, but the introduction of rain and fog will surely make things feel fresh.

Rain was removed from PC because it caused performance issues related to FPS, if a high end PC cant handle it, forget the xbox. Fog was removed for the same reason but also because people were leaving lobbies prematurely as it wasnt very popular. Custom games still have the option I believe.

I really liked the look of the rain though

3 hours ago, chillandfunko said:

all you have to do is throw a bunch of smoke grenades . . and kablam.. fog

Haha truth bomb

3 hours ago, WeOnlyDropHot said:

Rain was removed from PC because it caused performance issues related to FPS, if a high end PC cant handle it, forget the xbox. Fog was removed for the same reason but also because people were leaving lobbies prematurely as it wasnt very popular. Custom games still have the option I believe.

I just read on three different threads on reddit it was removed because no one liked it? But that makes no sense only because pc players didnt like does not mean people on console wont? I hope they bring it to console it would be ?.

1 minute ago, Mr Carbine89 said:

I just read on three different threads on reddit it was removed because no one liked it? But that makes no sense only because pc players didnt like does not mean people on console wont? I hope they bring it to console it would be ?.

If that was the case they would have removed Miramar entirely lol. Like I said people were leaving lobbies and it was causing FPS issues in some cases, this would likely be exacerbated on the xbox, it would be a cool feature though. As would a night mode, all in good time

3 hours ago, chillandfunko said:

all you have to do is throw a bunch of smoke grenades . . and kablam.. fog

Kablam!? I remember that show!!!

I think they should be optimized and released on XB1.  It's successfully been done on multiple games that run at higher optimization and Fps, so it can be done in pubg. 

And I watched many pc streamers that played them when they were out and didn't notice any issues,  outside of what we normally experience and each month it gets better anyway.

22 minutes ago, Mr Carbine89 said:

One part i noticed reading online too was that the rain was just too loud and drowned out steps way beyond what it should. I also remember reading that the PC kids hated the fog because they couldn't see long range.

3 hours ago, Mr Carbine89 said:

I am hoping that alot of people feel like I do and just adding rain and fog 

It was removed because the vast majority of players refused to play it.

So no.

3 hours ago, WeOnlyDropHot said:

They made the rain too loud, and who the hell wants to wander around the map unable to find anyone until the last circle.

2 hours ago, Greggy said:

It was removed because the vast majority of players refused to play it.

So no.

And people were doing the same with Miramar so should they have gotten rid of that?

5 hours ago, WeOnlyDropHot said:

It was actually removed from the PC version because people were quitting out of games when they loaded in and it had rain or fog, leaving half full lobbies

15 minutes ago, alancampbell92 said:

It was actually removed from the PC version because people were quitting out of games when they loaded in and it had rain or fog, leaving half full lobbies

Which was a direct correlation of the problems it caused. Shroud and J9 used to moan about it all the time

On 5/8/2018 at 3:24 PM, xBadman420x said:

But if battlefield 1 can do it why cant pubg

That's because the code is poorly written for pubg. It's all in the coding my friend. 

I would love weather and time of day effects. We need something to make each match more unique. I would also love for more ways to die besides gunfire, it would keep it exciting, even when camping and being stealthy.

2 hours ago, ashgrave said:

That's because the code is poorly written for pubg. It's all in the coding my friend. 

Makes sense thank you sir

On 5/8/2018 at 4:24 PM, xBadman420x said:

But if battlefield 1 can do it why cant pubg

Because of money and ea has more of it

I enjoyed the  rain and fog maps on PC, different game play than usual. In fog 8x and up was not the game changer it usually is and in rain you could play more openly as your sound was masked. 

In the minority though as it got taken out because of people quitting the maps and posting a lot in the forum about it. I mean in a similar manner to all of the m&k posts here :)

The new map on PC is supposed to have tod weather though I think. Looking forward to that and it's eventual roll out to the xbox PTS to play around with here too

I hate that elite players and crazed forum posters create the noise and pubg listens to them... Average players are trying to have fun and it's about the experience and not the win. I wish user forums would go away and developers made games the way they saw fit. Players will vote with their wallets.