Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

s1_Link

Korea And Japan Servers

I have moved back to Japan and still can not connect to my homelands servers in korea. I find this troubling. Is there a way I can manually change servers in the game files or registry?

Yeah I have the same problem. I had my steam account set to Australia then moved to Japan. I changed my steam account to Japan, live and Japan, even reinstalled game but the game does not give me the option to join Japanese servers. I don't use a VPN. Why won't it let me connect to the country I live in PUBG? Please help.

Have you tried uninstalling the game, then uninstall Steam, then re-install Steam and set your region to Japan and then re-installing the game. 

Preferably you would do a full windows clean install and then install Steam and then PUBG. There are a number .dat files that hold references to regions and language. 

Because Jap/Korea have servers with Region Lock enabled I am guessing that one of these files suggests you are from another region so you are likely being blocked by the region lock.

I found a fix for myself, I changed windows region back to Japan. Didn't matter that steam account was Japanese, had to also make sure Windows 10 was recognising my location, weird.