Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kcpman

PUBG will not start

After I start the game and it goes to the start screen; I press the A button. It trys to start and then shows the PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS screen.  Nothing else happens. It stays frozen on this screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but get the same thing. I am on og Xbox one. The game was working fine yesterday. My wife has another og Xbox one with PUBG installed. Same thing is happening. Any help would be appreciated. 

B8632A28-CED1-4103-9C5E-5C4421AD025F.jpeg

This started for me as well this past week. I haven't been able to get PUBG past this screen all day today. Usually I can and will be able to get a few games in before getting kicked back to it. Hopefully bumping this thread up can get us a solution.

Same issue here. This has been an on and off problem for me for awhile, however, now I cannot even get into the game at all. Have tried 10 times back to back. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Have done a hard reset on Xbox. No idea what else to try. Video example

Bug Description:

Game is crashing at opening menu. Will not load at all. See video for exact process that occurs over and over 

Evidence: 
Video posted above
Replication: 

Xbox One Version
Xbox One S 

Is there no solutions for this problem? I've been able to log on once in the past 5 days. Edit: today I tried for about 20 minutes of trying to load the game, it freezing, quitting it and trying again before it finally let me on.

I can tolerate the glitchyness and other bull with this game, but now I can't even get the damn game to load!!

This is ridiculous. I'm having the same issue. Reinstalled 3 times and I'm still having the same problem. Rebooted router, modem, and factory reset XBX and nothing has worked. I can get it but only after numerous reboots. This is a mess! Only started happening last night too. Come on Blue Balls whats going on?

5 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi, I'm sorry that you are having this issue but could you tell me which Xbox console you are having the issues on?  @KilledByMnK @Dadliestgamer

I'm on the X. Have PUBG installed on an SSD. I've tried reinstalling in HDD and same thing. @Andymh5

6 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi, I'm sorry that you are having this issue but could you tell me which Xbox console you are having the issues on?  @KilledByMnK @Dadliestgamer

I'm on the X as well.

Although I think I may have solved the problem. An IT buddy I play with suggested to use the google public DNS, so I set it to 8.8.4.4 manually in my network settings and haven't had the issue the past two days. Hopefully I won't again.

11 minutes ago, Dadliestgamer said:

I'm on the X as well.

Although I think I may have solved the problem. An IT buddy I play with suggested to use the google public DNS, so I set it to 8.8.4.4 manually in my network settings and haven't had the issue the past two days. Hopefully I won't again.

I kinda figured it has something to do with a network issue. I open all the ports and was still getting the same issue. Never even thought about the dns side of things. Come to think of it, I did use Google dns before and once I updated the X ( which was the same night I started having this issue ) that's when I started experiencing this " not launching" fiasco. Good find! 

1 hour ago, KilledByMnK said:

I kinda figured it has something to do with a network issue. I open all the ports and was still getting the same issue. Never even thought about the dns side of things. Come to think of it, I did use Google dns before and once I updated the X ( which was the same night I started having this issue ) that's when I started experiencing this " not launching" fiasco. Good find! 

Have you tried and tested this?  Let me know if this has solved the issue.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, Andymh5 said:

Have you tried and tested this?  Let me know if this has solved the issue.  Thanks

I will try tonight. It does make some sense, because it was what I used before I updated the Xbox one X and everything reset. Will let you know. 

12 minutes ago, KilledByMnK said:

I will try tonight. It does make some sense, because it was what I used before I updated the Xbox one X and everything reset. Will let you know. 

Appreciate it.  Thanks very much

13 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Appreciate it.  Thanks very much

Ok I did the dns change and it seems to work. Played at least over 10 games and only 1 hiccup. Hopefully this is a solution for others that experience this. 

2 hours ago, KilledByMnK said:

Ok I did the dns change and it seems to work. Played at least over 10 games and only 1 hiccup. Hopefully this is a solution for others that experience this. 

Great news. I'll pass this information onto the team.  Thanks very much.