Sign in to follow this  
ugenious666

How to chat with squad

Super noob question. How can I talk with my teammates during random duos and squads? I have a headset with mic, one guy invited me and it worked, so, there is no technical issue. 

your question is a little confusing and you kinda answered it for yourself but you need to be in either the same xbox live party or use the ingame team chat. personally have never used the in game chat, usually my friends and i are in a party chat.

8 hours ago, srb85 said:

your question is a little confusing and you kinda answered it for yourself but you need to be in either the same xbox live party or use the ingame team chat. personally have never used the in game chat, usually my friends and i are in a party chat.

I didnt know there was in-game chat tbh, always just used the xbox party system.

You will only be able to hear your teammates in-game if you are not in an Xbox party. Sometimes the in-game chat is buggy so I usually just stay in my own Xbox party and invite the random teammates to the party.

Keep in mind not all the time will randoms have a headset unfortunately. 

On 5/14/2018 at 2:46 PM, Pike_Hunter said:

There is an in game chat but 89.5% of the randoms you play with don't have mics anyway.

89.5% you say?

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, ugenious666 said:

Super noob question. How can I talk with my teammates during random duos and squads? I have a headset with mic, one guy invited me and it worked, so, there is no technical issue. 

When you start a duo/squad game and the teammates populate, your automatically in a chat (You speak, they can hear you) If you want for whatever reason start a party chat, hold the start button, press team management and individually send a party chat to each teammate. This may change your mic/game volume fyi. Team management is also the location you can MUTE players.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:53 PM, Goofy The Scot said:

I didnt know there was in-game chat tbh, always just used the xbox party system.

Quite surprised by the amount of people I've come across that never knew it was a thing. 

That and auto run.  :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AzFullySleeved said:

When you start a duo/squad game and the teammates populate, your automatically in a chat (You speak, they can hear you) If you want for whatever reason start a party chat, hold the start button, press team management and individually send a party chat to each teammate. This may change your mic/game volume fyi. Team management is also the location you can MUTE players.

Oddly enough the only way I've ever been able to chat is to invite people to parties. I've never been able to hear people when I'm not loaded into a party. Game Chat has never worked for me. Not sure why either. 

There are 2 ways to communicate with your squad. Xbox Party Chat, and In-game Chat.

Xbox Party Chat is setup through your Xbox dashboard when you press the middle "X" button. From there you can invite people to your party and talk to everyone. 

In-game Chat requires no setup or invites. As long as you have a mic, you're in In-game Chat unless someone invites you to a party and you accept, or you invite someone to your party.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:46 AM, Pike_Hunter said:

There is an in game chat but 89.5% of the randoms you play with don't have mics anyway.

And if u dont want to be tk then join them if they inv u pubg player for xbox hate people who dont communicate they will invite three time then they kos

1 minute ago, Xtakeroflifex said:

And if u dont want to be tk then join them if they inv u pubg player for xbox hate people who dont communicate they will invite three time then they kos

When my squadmates aren't online I will join a squad match as a single. 9 times out of 10 I get a party invite and join up. We usually end up playing multiple games together. I have gotten several wins with people I have just met and it is a good feeling.