Lamunya

I die 80% of the time, by a shot in the head with a Kar98k

He must be eliminated from the game or his number reduced.

Happening in the last 2 weeks, each time increasing.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lamunya said:

If you are getting nailed that often in the head with that weapon, your gameplay needs reviewing.

Stop standing still :|

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, pankarezasss said:

Well, it means kar98k works as it is intended.

oh look here you are again in every topic on the forum lol

1 minute ago, September_90 said:

oh look here you are again in every topic on the forum lol

You too.

42 minutes ago, Takarii said:

this. topic done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lamunya said:

For 5 seasons I got killed only 2 times with Kar98 in the head. So yeah like others said you need to change your gameplay style.

3 hours ago, Takarii said:

This, it took me a long time to learn after years of FPS gaming but it happens a lot less now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stambo said:

This, it took me a long time to learn after years of FPS gaming but it happens a lot less now.

I was watching shroud stream one day (one of the rare times i've actually bothered to watch) and he mentioned that on a competive note, getting a headshot with a kar98 decreases in probability as the quality of the players increases. This was due to good players not giving you that "perfect shot" line up that less experienced players would.

This thread kinda demonstrates that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Takarii said:

I was watching shroud stream one day (one of the rare times i've actually bothered to watch) and he mentioned that on a competive note, getting a headshot with a kar98 decreases in probability as the quality of the players increases. This was due to good players not giving you that "perfect shot" line up that less experienced players would.

This thread kinda demonstrates that.

Exactly!

This is not only about spamming WASD, but it is about how you do it.

Anyone who have played more than ~250 hours knows what i am talking about.

Jesus, man, don’t stand still. If kar98 is so cool, just use it to your advantage.

• Like 1

Besides all of the other helpful tips like keep moving, or remain concealed and behind cover, here is one I have noticed from my own gameplay:  Try not to use a Tier 1 helmet on  the desert map. It stands out on the horizon like a melon gleaming in the morning sun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The_Ancient_One said:

Besides all of the other helpful tips like keep moving, or remain concealed and behind cover, here is one I have noticed from my own gameplay:  Try not to use a Tier 1 helmet on  the desert map. It stands out on the horizon like a melon gleaming in the morning sun. 

Black matte 1lvl helm > Green 1lvl helm :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pankarezasss said:

Black matte 1lvl helm > Green 1lvl helm :D

Yellow lvl1 helm > level 3 helm

''cosmetics'' OP

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Lamunya said:

After they buffed the DMRs, Kar98k is not even the best sniper in all categories. Its totally OP vs a stationary head on 4-6x scope range for sure, but thats just it sweet spot. Against moving targets on the same range, I think the general success rate of both the Mini and SKS is higher and dont even get me started at "laser beam mega damage SLR";)

So seriously, if you die 80% to a headshot from a Kar98k, you are either camping too much, or taking stupid long range duels with an inferior long range weapon, standing still at the same spot. If you have a M4a16 with a 4 scope and peeks an enemy that knows your location and you see he got a Kar98k, either kill him real fast or change position, because you WILL lose a "lets stand still and shoot at each other"- fight.

Edited by Baboopa
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baboopa said:

After they buffed the DMRs, Kar98k is not even the best sniper in all categories. Its totally OP vs a stationary head on 4-6x scope range for sure, but thats just it sweet spot. Against moving targets on the same range, I think the general success rate of both the Mini and SKS is higher and dont even get me started at "laser beam mega damage SLR";)

So seriously, if you die 80% to a headshot from a Kar98k, you are either camping too much, or taking stupid long range duels with an inferior long range weapon, standing still at the same spot. If you have a M4a16 with a 4 scope and peeks an enemy that knows your location and you see he got a Kar98k, either kill him real fast or change position, because you WILL lose a "lets stand still and shoot at each other"- fight.

Exactly. Don’t take a k98 fight with a 2x AR 

thats just silly, use all the info you can to decide what fights to take. The above at range is suicide. 

7 hours ago, Takarii said:

If you are getting nailed that often in the head with that weapon, your gameplay needs reviewing.

While this advice might be useful I hate seeing it over and over like this is the one thing that prevents getting one shot. I don't get one shot all the time with a kar98 but it still happens regularly enough and I'm usually moving so it's not like that's some easy fix to getting one shot.

I'm terrible with the kar98 (been trying to practice with it lately) and even I one shot someone recently while they were running so if I can do it..the kar98 is still quite lethal whether you are moving or not. There are also a lot of other factors other than just "moving". Are you moving inside a building or outside or do you have cover or no cover are you running in a straight line or in a predictable pattern or is the circle bearing down on you etc..

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Sidartha said:

While this advice might be useful I hate seeing it over and over like this is the one thing that prevents getting one shot. I don't get one shot all the time with a kar98 but it still happens regularly enough and I'm usually moving so it's not like that's some easy fix to getting one shot.

I'm terrible with the kar98 (been trying to practice with it lately) and even I one shot someone recently while they were running so if I can do it..the kar98 is still quite lethal whether you are moving or not. There are also a lot of other factors other than just "moving". Are you moving inside a building or outside or do you have cover or no cover are you running in a straight line or in a predictable pattern or is the circle bearing down on you etc..

Even if you are not moving, it's not that easy to land 1 headshot someone with Kar98

There are other factors that can affect the accuracy : bullet drop , how far you have to lead your shot, terrain height difference.

Actually , SKS , SLR are far more superior than Kar98 vs moving target in long range.

Want to reduce Kar98 dmg ? Might as well remove it competely from the game cuz no one want to pick it up. 

Edited by D3adc4

I rarely get hit by a KAR in the head. You're probably positioning yourself poorly or exposing your head too much.

8 hours ago, Takarii said:

This best describes your problem. Stop camping.

I go prone a lot, even though the CW says not to.  I am very careful about my spot, though, usually in a trough or on a hillside that has very little visibility to likely sniper spots.  Usually I just hang out there until the blue moves, but sometimes people run by...sucks to be them.

I almost never get hit in the head.