Minter

MACRO's need to be addressed

Posted (edited)

The use of MACRO's countering the recoil is becoming more common.

Now allot of people are going to say "no its not a problem", or "It's part of the game", the majority of which are probably using such a MACRO.

The MACRO's work by adjusting for the recoil in between shoots either by adjusting the X and Y axis or setting it to a set point. 

The problem with this is that you can fire in single mode as fast or even faster then automatic with the MACRO, so the players have virtually no recoil and are firing at automatic rates.

The 2 possible ways to combat this would be disabling 3rd party MACRO programs and banning players using them and more importantly adding a time limit to shots on single fire say 1/2 second.

At least with the slower then automatic fire rate people not using MACRO exploits have a chance when coming up against such players.

Edited by Minter
typo

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Minter said:

The use of MARCO's countering the recoil is becoming more common.  

Are you basing this off of the deathcam/replay footage?

Edited by Takarii

Posted (edited)

No, not the commonly known playback footage bug. However when you do watch individuals through the round and witness their bullet impacts, you know.

Also you can hear the fire rate higher then that of automatic fire.

Edited by Minter
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Minter said:

The 2 possible ways to combat this would be disabling 3rd party MACRO programs and banning players using them and more importantly adding a time limit to shots on single fire say 1/2 second.

Easier said than done, a lot of mice nowadays have built-in macros features, and somehow I doubt you can either turn those features off or ban people for having them, cuz you would be banning anyone with a gaming mouse, which would be shit ton of people. They just won't do that, so not much can be done in that aspect. 

Adding delay for the fire might help a little bit, but it would gimp the weapon, and macro users will still have an advantage, although it wouldn't be full auto fire anymore. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure that the bigger issue of macro is the rate of fire but more the auto-recoil compensation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sinople said:

I'm not sure that the bigger issue of macro is the rate of fire but more the auto-recoil compensation.

I agree, however the suggestion on the fire rate is secondary as banning all the MACRO's as mentioned by Vladplaya is quite hard.

It's really possible to fire faster than full auto in single for a specific weapon. I know the M16 could fire faster in single tap than all other AR but that another story.

• Like 1

I know some gamming mouses that comes with a app,and with that app u can adjust the recoil of any weapon of any game.im not gonna say the brand because i dont wanna support this type of gamming cheating mouses... i guess those mouses with that app its hard to detect, and the hope for them to get a ban its low.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nakata said:

I know some gamming mouses that comes with a app,and with that app u can adjust the recoil of any weapon of any game.im not gonna say the brand because i dont wanna support this type of gamming cheating mouses... i guess those mouses with that app its hard to detect, and the hope for them to get a ban its low.

I unfortunately have one like this, I didnt know it comes with the software, otherwise its a very good mouse. Fun fact, to get the "premium"options of the software AKA. recoil scripts you got to pay additional fee ;) I have the software uninstalled, however it is sort of a scam since the "internal mouse memory" for different sensitivity settings only works if the software is on, so not much of internal memory then is it?

The recoil scripts are out there, I refuse to believe that an 80m spray from m4 can land 7 bullets in a row without any software behind that, not in this meta.

• Like 1

5 minutos atrás, Radix disse:

I refuse to believe that an 80m spray from m4 can land 7 bullets in a row without any software behind that, not in this meta.

Oh yeah... its kinda impossible to do it,if happen its a guy with the magic tricks xD

1 hour ago, Radix said:

The recoil scripts are out there, I refuse to believe that an 80m spray from m4 can land 7 bullets in a row without any software behind that, not in this meta.

In other words, you refuse to believe there are people out there that are so much better than you?

Don't get me wrong, I know there are cheats out there, but too many people equate skill with cheating.

As much as I don't like to get on the streamer band wagon, some of these guys are playing as a full time job.

If you do something like that for 8 hours a day you just get better at it.

Especially if you use the same weapon with the same attachments and learn it's recoil pattern.

There are also kids out there that had a mouse in their hands before they could walk.

If it becomes part of their learning process so early it becomes just natural for them.

• RIP 2

17 minutes ago, Stambo said:

In other words, you refuse to believe there are people out there that are so much better than you?

Don't get me wrong, I know there are cheats out there, but too many people equate skill with cheating.

As much as I don't like to get on the streamer band wagon, some of these guys are playing as a full time job.

Especially if you use the same weapon with the same attachments and learn it's recoil pattern.

There are also kids out there that had a mouse in their hands before they could walk.

If it becomes part of their learning process so early it becomes just natural for them.

In other words you straight up believe that some guy in top 5% can flawlessly send 7 straight bullets over 80 meters on full auto? this is where skill ends and spray and recoil mechanics kick in. I argue that with current recoil it is impossible to control a spray so accurately. over such distance without aid of software.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stambo said:

"too many people equate skill with cheating" 

Some do however when you have played the game enough you know when people are clearly cheating

"Especially if you use the same weapon with the same attachments and learn it's recoil pattern"

Players can compensate, but you should never be able to completely disregard the recoil, if this was that case why would there be single mode??  

Macro is still ok. But every three matches, my squad were killed by hacker. This is just too much.

AWM, 4 shot 4 kills LOL

Most weapons require you to just pull down now. Most of these macro complaints are just players with large mouse pads.

• Like 3

If they could snap their fingers and eliminate all advantages not created by player skill -- I'm all for it.  Unfortunately that isn't possible.  People are going to find advantages in all sorts of ways.. using macros is one of them to get a leg up over the competition.  Somehow using a macro I'm sure doesn't feel like they are 'really' cheating.  I'm sure these people rationalize it somehow.

That said a lot of the top players are merely pulling down on the mouse and do so without thinking about it.  They know exactly how much to pull down for every gun at any given distance because they play basically every day and have many many thousands of hours under their belts.  Obviously some people pick this skill up faster than others -- and some people don't take the time to LEARN it.

I know I can be truthful here and I have only just begun to force myself to pull down on the mouse in game.  The thing is it's a battle in my mind when I'm facing an opponent.  So I generally am NOT pulling down against an opponent even now because  I'm probably going to highly misjudge it and get owned.  So I do what my muscle memory knows and that's A LOT harder than pulling down on the mouse (trying to control gun fire any other way).

What I started to do recently is jump in live games and get whatever guns.. and start just unloading on buildings, windows, trees whatever .. at 'some' varied distances to find out what is needed with MY sensitivity settings / dpi etc to keep the reticle approximately in the same spot. 

Then you have MOVING targets -- which is pulling the mouse down a perfect amount while also moving the mouse the direction the target is moving (maybe even leading a bit) (sideways) simultaneously.  So you are moving the mouse something like this \  or /   instead of |  .  Problem with me... is I could make a 'how to' video on controlling recoil that would teach others but I can't reliably do it myself because it's not in my muscle memory due to the aforementioned reason.

This all goes back to wishing there was a way to practice something like this lol.. but I probably shouldn't bring that up in every thread. 😛

Finally -- Macros will continue to exist and from my knowledge in the arena of "IT" which is fairly high.. It's basically impossible for PUBG Corp to 'ban'/'eliminate' macros.  At the same time if someone is using a macro they are still having to AIM -- so they should be missing some shots.  If a person's recoil isn't really moving much AND they don't miss a single shot (over a range of them) then it's likely they are hacking.  The best of the best still are going to miss a few bullets out of a clip most of the time short of a stationary target.

7 hours ago, Sinople said:

It's really possible to fire faster than full auto in single for a specific weapon. I know the M16 could fire faster in single tap than all other AR but that another story.

Lol unless you use macro to tap. There's no way your finger can click faster than auto mode.

6 hours ago, Chromatic said:

If they could snap their fingers and eliminate all advantages not created by player skill -- I'm all for it.  Unfortunately that isn't possible.  People are going to find advantages in all sorts of ways.. using macros is one of them to get a leg up over the competition.  Somehow using a macro I'm sure doesn't feel like they are 'really' cheating.  I'm sure these people rationalize it somehow.

That said a lot of the top players are merely pulling down on the mouse and do so without thinking about it.  They know exactly how much to pull down for every gun at any given distance because they play basically every day and have many many thousands of hours under their belts.  Obviously some people pick this skill up faster than others -- and some people don't take the time to LEARN it.

I know I can be truthful here and I have only just begun to force myself to pull down on the mouse in game.  The thing is it's a battle in my mind when I'm facing an opponent.  So I generally am NOT pulling down against an opponent even now because  I'm probably going to highly misjudge it and get owned.  So I do what my muscle memory knows and that's A LOT harder than pulling down on the mouse (trying to control gun fire any other way).

What I started to do recently is jump in live games and get whatever guns.. and start just unloading on buildings, windows, trees whatever .. at 'some' varied distances to find out what is needed with MY sensitivity settings / dpi etc to keep the reticle approximately in the same spot. 

Then you have MOVING targets -- which is pulling the mouse down a perfect amount while also moving the mouse the direction the target is moving (maybe even leading a bit) (sideways) simultaneously.  So you are moving the mouse something like this \  or /   instead of |  .  Problem with me... is I could make a 'how to' video on controlling recoil that would teach others but I can't reliably do it myself because it's not in my muscle memory due to the aforementioned reason.

This all goes back to wishing there was a way to practice something like this lol.. but I probably shouldn't bring that up in every thread. 😛

Finally -- Macros will continue to exist and from my knowledge in the arena of "IT" which is fairly high.. It's basically impossible for PUBG Corp to 'ban'/'eliminate' macros.  At the same time if someone is using a macro they are still having to AIM -- so they should be missing some shots.  If a person's recoil isn't really moving much AND they don't miss a single shot (over a range of them) then it's likely they are hacking.  The best of the best still are going to miss a few bullets out of a clip most of the time short of a stationary target.

6 hours ago, MrHappyPenguin said:

Most weapons require you to just pull down now. Most of these macro complaints are just players with large mouse pads.

I get the pulling down the mouse, I do it. But this is not what i am going on about.

Let me ask you these questions:

1. When you "Pull down the Mouse", do you hit every shot at 100m? 200M? like a laser beam? bullet impacts in a straight line that looks like a spirit level was used?

2. Whilst you "Pull down the Mouse", do you manage to click the fire button so fast that it fires faster then auto whist not missing a shot through recoil? 

3. When you "Pull down the Mouse", do you have an automatic mode on an SKS and other single fire weapons?

If you answer no to the above then you probably are not using a MACRO I talk of.

If you answer yes then you are, no matter how much the "pull the mouse down" excuse is used.  

I know it is hard for them to do something about it, it is also clearly hard for them to combat cheating in general as we see everyday, but that does not mean they should not do anything about it at all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, Minter said:

I get the pulling down the mouse, I do it. But this is not what i am going on about.

Let me ask you these questions:

1. When you "Pull down the Mouse", do you hit every shot at 100m? 200M? like a laser beam? bullet impacts in a straight line that looks like a spirit level was used?

2. Whilst you "Pull down the Mouse", do you manage to click the fire button so fast that it fires faster then auto whist not missing a shot through recoil? 

3. When you "Pull down the Mouse", do you have an automatic mode on an SKS and other single fire weapons?

If you answer no to the above then you probably are not using a MACRO I talk of.

If you answer yes then you are, no matter how much the "pull the mouse down" excuse is used.  

I know it is hard for them to do something about it, it is also clearly hard for them to combat cheating in general as we see everyday, but that does not mean they should not do anything about it at all.

99% of my encounters are under 50M. I rarely see players hitting every shot beyond that range since the last few patches. A macro won't make a weapon 100% accurate at 100M full auto, that would be an aimbot or a no recoil hack. Horizontal recoil is random, and not very controllable beyond 50M. As far as players firing full auto, they are firing within the means of said weapon, regardless of a macro. If firing that fast is giving them an advantage, than the weapon's rate of fire needs to be adjusted.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin

here is your answer= macro for recoil control sucks because its impact on your muscle memory. I play rainbow 6 sieges too and you need better aim and only muscle memory can give you 99% better aim and fast reaction. those macros in a gaming mouse are sucked even I have G402 and I tried to check if it gives an advantage. many players said that macro remove recoil and I were going to believe but I tested by my self and I found the problem. it f$$ck up with your muscle memory and you can't even aim properly so I changed my mind about macros. macros don't give a huge advantage in the game with gaming apps. in-game recoil hack give huge advantage and it needs to stop it. " no recoil hack or macro does not matter or give advantage after 100m distance"

11 hours ago, AirborneViperGN said:

here is your answer= macro for recoil control sucks because its impact on your muscle memory. I play rainbow 6 sieges too and you need better aim and only muscle memory can give you 99% better aim and fast reaction. those macros in a gaming mouse are sucked even I have G402 and I tried to check if it gives an advantage. many players said that macro remove recoil and I were going to believe but I tested by my self and I found the problem. it f$$ck up with your muscle memory and you can't even aim properly so I changed my mind about macros. macros don't give a huge advantage in the game with gaming apps. in-game recoil hack give huge advantage and it needs to stop it. " no recoil hack or macro does not matter or give advantage after 100m distance"

You get a cookie for giving the correct answer. Macros don't remove the recoil from the game, in order to achieve real no-recoil you need to download some real cheats.

8 minutes ago, zollebolle said:

You get a cookie for giving the correct answer. Macros don't remove the recoil from the game, in order to achieve real no-recoil you need to download some real cheats.

Yep both the vertical and horizontal recoil are randomized, so no macro can make you laser beam someone down at range. Most of these MACRO HAX accusations come from people dealing with lag/desync or simply playing against people who made a couple great shots or even just got lucky. Also don't forget that the replay/deathcam never displays recoil correctly.

Just now, Tharkkun said:

That video is before the last patch when they added tons of recoil to weapons.

Can still be done....

On 5/15/2018 at 5:14 AM, Minter said:

Seems like you can get close enough......

I just uploaded highlights (bunch of kills) from a gaming session in which I recorded 2018-05-07, basically all the kills including even the less clean ones from consecutive games from one evening. Mainly in solo but also one duo along with 2-3 squad games at the end. I can honestly say that pretty much every single kill in my video have better TTK (time to kill) and yeah I also play FPP so I lack the luxury of being able to stand behind walls and line up my sight with clear view as well :S. Again, these are not clips that I've handpicked for some movie but every single one is included since the goal of the recording was to try to see how high/good recording settings my computer could handle without making PUBG unplayable.

I think you need to re-evaluate what you are saying here. Macro's cannot remove recoil, because the recoil is RNG no macro is going to accurately remove recoil, the best you can do is set it to move down at a certain rate which is the same as pulling your mouse down. Some people are insanely good at pulling their mouse down and controlling the recoil. I could spray the M416 at 80+ Metres like a laser when it is fully decked, that was before this patch, now I am getting used to the extra recoil. 

Macro's can create rapid fire (single shot spamming) and unfortunately you cannot counter this but with the recent patch there is more recoil on the M16 and single shots that fast are harder to control so I don't think there is really an advantage to shooting faster with single shot because of the recoil recovery. 

You cannot make accusations based on deathcam, it has been stated that deathcam does not show recoil accurately. Spectating is also not accurate. 

I sprayed someone with a fully decked M416 (comp + half grip) at 80m the other day using crouch, shift and peak right. I hit all 9 shots, it was very accurate and probably a little lucky. To say that people who spray this far are cheating or using macro's is just naive, some people play this game A LOT and have the time to practice how to control the weapons.