Do SMGs need a nerf?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do SMGs need a nerf?

• Yes - Across the board
    • Only UMP
    • No, they're fine

12 minutes ago, Biochemikas said:

At 10 meters, the kill time difference between ump and m4 is still pretty comparable vs lvl2 vest: 0.257 vs 0.277 (8% longer to kill) ; but from as low as 90m, the difference becomes very significant due to ump needing 1 extra shot: 0.257 vs 0.369 (43% longer to kill).

The damage dropoff may seem insignificant, but you need to take into account at what disatances you start needing more shots to kill, because even if you leave some1 0.1% hp, you will still need 1 more shot to finish him.

Yes and limb damage for smg's is now increased and is 120% compared to an ar. Meaning that if i hit the upper limbs ill kill him faster than with an ar.

Not to mention the spray is 3x as tight compared to ar's which means im far more likely to hit more of my bullets with an ump.Even if you control the vertical spray perfectly for both you are far more likely to miss multiple bullets with an ar compared to an ump.

Edited by Nick Larking

9 minutes ago, Nick Larking said:

im far more likely to hit more of my bullets with an ump

Well I said UMP is a great beginner/casual weapon, didn't I? It has always been this way. You can be 100% sure that you will still see that perfect AR control in esports, so the very low damage of UMP still makes it unusable for them. Hitting limbs is also not an option. You may hit an arm from time to time (a bit better for UMP), but you would also hit stomach or head from time to time too (much worse for UMP), so on average that point does not push UMP ahead in any way.

Limb damage is relevant to the good SMG, aka Vector, since it wins vs AR's in every area, except head. So yes, vector is the CQC monster, but it also has the slowest bullet velocity, so it really is pretty unusable at any range >50m (rule of thumb: if you don't expect to hit with a crossbow, you won't with a vector either).

Edited by Biochemikas

I've never been so frustrated.

Being on 8 Kills in a late circle with 10 people left.

Losing as 3/3 AUG to 1/1 tier guy that barely navigates through the map and is carrying UMP hurts bady. This happens way to often. You can get fully accurate spray with any SMG right now, with recent patch they became way too powerful.

My suggestion is to decrease their damage, Leave recoil as it is.

On 5/20/2018 at 5:38 AM, fingerbag said:

Losing as 3/3 AUG to 1/1 tier guy that barely navigates through the map and is carrying UMP hurts bady. This happens way to often. You can get fully accurate spray with any SMG right now, with recent patch they became way too powerful.

well it is late circle which means cqc benifits the smg holder right? this is why I carry a SMG because it handles all CQC situations and late game, then I usually get a DMR or sniper to handle my long range situations but do not push unless they are out positioned or that I can path my way to switch to my SMG and work them CQC.

On 5/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, fingerbag said:

HAHAHAH that made me laugh, up your gun game

On 5/20/2018 at 7:38 PM, fingerbag said:

Losing as 3/3 AUG to 1/1 tier guy that barely navigates through the map and is carrying UMP hurts bady. This happens way to often.

To be fair the Aug has pretty much the same spray pattern as the UMP, so thats one fight the AR could win.  to a Vector then yep your melted, to an UMP ... the Aug should win that .