TheBasicBro

Big Problem! ADS and Soft Aim Does Not Line Up Properly

13 hours ago, TheBasicBro said:

Ok, so it seems like most people here read about half a sentence, get stuck on their point of view and respond with half a statement before trying this for themselves or before jumping to a conclusion prior to adding input.

First off, you'd expect the targeting reticle to line up because you want your reticle to point exactly where you had it positioned when before and after you go ADS. This game is a realistic shooter, but the sprinting forever and blue zone take away from that which is perfect because it creates the best experience possible overall which is what Bluehole wants. They want to create the best experience possible and create smooth gameplay. They are getting there. Programming a game is extremely difficult and this is a massive multiplayer game.. Not an easy feat.

Now.. M&KB users may have less issues quick scoping due to faster M&KB movement, however this isn't about quick-scoping, it's about fluidity and smooth gameplay. I don't know why people are defending the flaw the game has to this extreme measure. It baffles my mind. Who cares about quick scoping... Implementing a fix for the targeting reticle will improve the close quarters combat experience. Bluehole wants to improve this experience and has stated that in the past. I don't know how this thread evolved into "I hate quick-scoping", "the reticle shouldn't be accurate". I think everyone here is arguing about ambiguous points. When I'm stating that from hip fire on TPP and FPP while going into ADS is off center. Does it make sense to have it shift either left or right? No.. no it doesn't and I really don't get why this is being defended so intensely. This is a glitch worth exploring and addressing how it can actually affect gameplay from both CQC combat and ranged combat... Improving on this creates a way better experience, which is what Bluehole ultimately strives to address.

Please remember to remain civil and polite on the forums. 

I, and many others, understand the point you are making but simply do not agree.  It is not a glitch, it is not "being defended so intensely", it is being explained that the aimpoint does not stay the same because the weapon moves. 

Also, PUBG Corp. Not Bluehole. ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DANGEROUS JEZZA said:

Okay I read a bit and I'm gonna wade into this one.

When in TPP mode if you use the over shoulder aim the camera sits over the right shoulder unless you have used lean and did a lean to the left last. 

What happens is the position of the camera in third person over shoulder aim (left bumper) the camera defaults to where you last lent. So if you do a lean to the left then use left bumper to aim the cam is on the left side not the right side default you are used to. 

I always lean to the right after I finish peeking out from trees so that my cam always sits on the right shoulder and never catches me unaware being on the left.

But the above is not even a factor in first person aiming (Right Trigger)

In regards to the cross hairs not lining up and Quick scoping my opinion is this is more of a simulation than a arcade game. We have bullet drop, ballistics, leading of targets to compensate for there movement and so forth. In real life if you have a rifle with a scope and are looking at something and then raise the scope up to your eye the chances that the thing your aiming at is even in the scope, let alone right in the middle with the crosshairs on it is very small if not 0%. 

If you want to quick scope go play COD or any of the other shooters that cater for your needs they have aim assist and that helps there aiming system have the sights go pop right on target.

The aiming system is not broken in my opinion and it is closer to how a gun with a scope would act in the real world.

Most shooting games are just that games based in an arcade style of realism or unrealism however you look at it yes those games have great snappy aiming crosshairs line-up as you  those of you would like.

My point is this game is not a game that panders to people who want a nice easy gaming experience it makes you judge distances compensate for bullet drop compensate for your targets movement and movement speed by making you lead shots. Heck it drops you in game and makes you fight for you equipment right from the get go. I think the reality is you wont get what you want because its not how PUBG rolls.

If you think that things should be a specific way because that's how other games are I think you are sadly mistaken, there is no aim assist, and people have been screaming for it at various stages of this games development but its not happened and It wont happen and I think you will find that your calls for a fix to something you see as a problem (and others may agree with you) purely based on the premise that other games do it is not a good one.

Build a bridge get over it or play another shooter, as one guy in here said there are heaps of shooters that don't have (the perceived) problem.

Lastly "the best experience possible" it is a fluid thing that changes with each persons perspective and take on what makes a good shooter.

I think I talk for the majority of PUBG players when I say. We like PUBG because it has bullet drop, ballistics, and because it dose not have aim assist and it challenges you, also I'm not 100% sure but I even think the recoil of the guns is not always the same it depends on attachments and just like real guns in the real world the recoil will never be exactly the same especially when firing a gun on full auto or burst fire.

I still disagree with this. Changing from TPP to FPP regardless shouldn't change where your reticle and bullet drops. I'll put together a compilation as well with different variations. I still stand behind my opinion, especially when it comes to controller variance. I've had two other people record this for me and they didn't realize the deviation, even from 5m away. That's a massive difference and even a trained military professional would have better accuracy than the deviations I have captured so far...

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

I, and many others, understand the point you are making but simply do not agree.  It is not a glitch, it is not "being defended so intensely", it is being explained that the aimpoint does not stay the same because the weapon moves. 

Thanks Danjal. I am here to remain civil. I am providing my point of view that is receiving a vast amount of ambiguous feedback being stretched multiple ways to the point that people think it's about a quick-scope advantage. The deviation and variance is actually extremely noticeable. As I mentioned to Dangerous Jezza as well within this thread. I will put a video compilation together and show you how much of a difference this makes. PubG corp or Bluehole, same Tree. It's a subsidiary company of Bluehole.

Edited by TheBasicBro

On 5/22/2018 at 1:30 AM, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Hey, I created the video here on YouTube with the description.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:34 PM, TheBasicBro said:

Hey, I created the video here on YouTube with the description.

@PUBG_RoboDanjal no one actually replied or acknowledged this.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheBasicBro said:

@PUBG_RoboDanjal no one actually replied or acknowledged this.

They did.  They said it’s a feature not a bug. 

I agree with the negative sentiment here.  I love the quest for realism, but this has no impact on realistic gameplay, it’s just annoying and a little jarring.  This would be a quality of life change.  

Overall, decisions like this, and the way buttons presses won’t register if the game isn’t ready for them, make the game feel clunky.  Especially when you consider how difficult controller aiming is in this to begin with.

Example of not registering, is being unable to focus (hold breath/extra zoom on red dots/holo) in while ads and moving.  It lets you focus when you’re stopped and then start to move, but not while moving.  Also, reload button not working if you press and hold at the wrong time.  Would be nice if the game allowed the hold and started to reload when the prohibiting action had stopped, instead of requiring us to let go and rehit the button.  Like aiming, the hold to reload is difficult enough to get used to, why make it harder.  (I have 23 days of playtime)

Again, love the quest for realism, but these things that don’t impact the play in game should be evaluated (cost/benefit) to make sure the loss in QoL is worth the added realism.

Edited by Draughn

6 hours ago, Draughn said:

They did.  They said it’s a feature not a bug. 

I agree with the negative sentiment here.  I love the quest for realism, but this has no impact on realistic gameplay, it’s just annoying and a little jarring.  This would be a quality of life change.  

Overall, decisions like this, and the way buttons presses won’t register if the game isn’t ready for them, make the game feel clunky.  Especially when you consider how difficult controller aiming is in this to begin with.

Example of not registering, is being unable to focus (hold breath/extra zoom on red dots/holo) in while ads and moving.  It lets you focus when you’re stopped and then start to move, but not while moving.  Also, reload button not working if you press and hold at the wrong time.  Would be nice if the game allowed the hold and started to reload when the prohibiting action had stopped, instead of requiring us to let go and rehit the button.  Like aiming, the hold to reload is difficult enough to get used to, why make it harder.  (I have 23 days of playtime)

Again, love the quest for realism, but these things that don’t impact the play in game should be evaluated (cost/benefit) to make sure the loss in QoL is worth the added realism.

I know, I agree with everything you said above. I took my time to create a video to show how much the reticles change, yet it's just overlooked.  When you start showing people they are quite shocked at how much it changes their perspective. I tagged the community manager Dan as well since it seemed to be the only way to have him respond, then I got points deducted from my profile for not following "community guidelines" yet the deduction they gave me didn't fall under any of the forum misconduct areas either.. I'm quite offput by his responses.

Try lying in the grass in fpp or tpp on a fun circle and spotting someone, zooming in with a 4x and not being able to find them because the reticle doesn't center.. I've witnessed people on this situation. It's annoying.

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2018 at 10:36 PM, TheBasicBro said:

Try lying in the grass in fpp or tpp on a fun circle and spotting someone, zooming in with a 4x and not being able to find them because the reticle doesn't center.. I've witnessed people on this situation. It's annoying.

Thats a good example. My buddy and I are both vets w/some deployments under our belts, and we don’t really understand what they’re going for.  Adjusted on your shoulder or not, it’s very natural in that transition to move the sights onto the target.  There was not one time where we’ve adjusted positions and looked down the sites two feet away from the target.  Even snapping from the low ready you are able to align with the target as you raise the weapon.  

Again, I don’t see the cost/benefit with this one.  Their game tho.  Even for games you love there’s always some decisions you’ll disagree with.  I’ve just keep enjoying myself.  

Edited by Draughn

14 minutes ago, Draughn said:

Thats a good example. My buddy and I are both vets w/some deployments under our belts, and we don’t really understand what they’re going for.  Adjusted on your shoulder or not, it’s very natural in that transition to move the sights onto the target.  There was not one time where we’ve adjusted positions and looked down the sites two feet away from the target.  Even snapping from the low ready you are able to align with the target as you raise the weapon.  

In case this point was not clear.  You don’t raise a weapon to your eye and then adjust to your target.  You raise the sights to your eye, which is fixed on your target.  Even the realism factor doesn’t make much sense with this one.  If you ADS it should come up exactly where the crosshairs were pointing. 

if u stand still a cycle ADS, over the shoulder etc. etc. the crosshairs goes bananas, it's not realistic it's just ridicolous.

this game has the worst mechanics ever experienced

On 6/10/2018 at 6:36 AM, TheBasicBro said:

I know, I agree with everything you said above. I took my time to create a video to show how much the reticles change, yet it's just overlooked.  When you start showing people they are quite shocked at how much it changes their perspective. I tagged the community manager Dan as well since it seemed to be the only way to have him respond, then I got points deducted from my profile for not following "community guidelines" yet the deduction they gave me didn't fall under any of the forum misconduct areas either.. I'm quite offput by his responses.

I have discussed this with you in this thread and informed you that it is not a bug, it's simply a product of the weapon moving when ADSing.  Whilst I understand that you do not like this that doesn't mean that it is wrong or a bug. 

Also, the points your received were for tagging staff members multiple times, despite being warned not to do so. 

Ok definitely understood about the tagging, thanks @PUBG_RoboDanjal. As for the scoping, viewing the video it shifts left and right differently. It should be uniform both ways if it's going to shift, but in all honesty whether it's an intended feature or a bug that is considered a "feature". It still does not add to providing a good experience to gameplay. It's very frustrating and there should be a poll to ask the users to change this aspect of the gameplay. Once they see it and this is brought to their attention, they immediately register this in their mind.

15 hours ago, Draughn said:

In case this point was not clear.  You don’t raise a weapon to your eye and then adjust to your target.  You raise the sights to your eye, which is fixed on your target.  Even the realism factor doesn’t make much sense with this one.  If you ADS it should come up exactly where the crosshairs were pointing. 

Yeah exactly! It makes no sense to adjust off center. This is one of those features that they call a feature because it's actually just a "feature bug". Makes absolutely no sense and becomes frustrating when you play and utilize multiple perspectives. It completely messes up close quarters combat scenarios when you go to aim down the sights..

32 minutes ago, TheBasicBro said:

@WORLD CERES @Mr Pepsi Ninja what do you boys think of the aim in this? Plenty from Robo Dan here but I don't think the feedback is accurate enough after you watch my video and see the comments below... 

Not sure exactly what I’m supposed to look for here

33 minutes ago, WORLD CERES said:

Not sure exactly what I’m supposed to look for here

Sorry man, just when you go ADS the reticle shifts to the left and right. It doesn't center properly. Check it out on your Xbox during a match and you'll see what I mean.

Ive got like 5000 kills and never even noticed this, its a non issue. Just adapt to the game youre playing dont compare it to other games.

• RIP 2

What about, no ads but simply pressing the right bumper to switch from 3rd person to first still will move your crosshair over to the left? Everything else aside, I dont think changing perspectives should move your crosshair reticle

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TheBasicBro said:

Yeah it is 

You're telling me it's a bug when RoboDanjal just told you it's not and explained it to you how it works, "Regardless of what other games have done, when you change to ADS your weapon moves, when the weapon moves so will the aim point."  The same happens when you go into hipfire, this has always been the case.

You can feel free to disagree with me, but how are you going to argue with that?

Here's the game a year ago with someone just realizing the same thing that you are:

Here is the PC game from about 5 minutes ago:

https://imgur.com/AhxZMd8

If that reticle movement is what you're referring to, than that isn't a bug.  If you're talking about something else then I'm not sure.

Edited by headspawn

1 minute ago, headspawn said:

You're telling me it's a bug when RoboDanjal just told you it's not and explained it to you how it works, "Regardless of what other games have done, when you change to ADS your weapon moves, when the weapon moves so will the aim point."  The same happens when you go into hipfire, this has always been the case.

You can feel free to disagree with me, but how are you going to argue with that?

Here's the game a year ago with someone just realizing the same thing that you are:

https://i.imgur.com/AhxZMd8.mp4

Yeah, it definitely seems to be a problem. I don't think you've taken a closer look. In the world of programming, a ”feature”, is code for ”bug” so a company doesn't have to admit to their mistake and they'll just role with it and hope enough people don't complain about this so they don't have to change it. So, as you can see, this is a pretty major issue. Changing the reticle movement from multiple ways from the same focus point is actually a problem buddy.

4 minutes ago, headspawn said:

https://i.imgur.com/AhxZMd8.mp4

Oh and thanks for pointing these videos out. When multiple people notice this and think it's odd, it's clearly an issue too. Bout time they admit to this problem and fix it.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TheBasicBro said:

Oh and thanks for pointing these videos out. When multiple people notice this and think it's odd, it's clearly an issue too. Bout time they admit to this problem and fix it.

Well yeah, I made the second video myself (just deleted it) to demonstrate that I know what I'm talking about in that it isn't an Xbox related bug.

You can can pretend it's not intended all you want... you're assuming they accidentally made it so that the reticle moves in conjunction with the gun moving, but that's not the reality.  You don't accidentally program a reticle move in an exact and predictable manner, that's called a feature.  A bug would be if it moved erratically, or if RoboDanjal told you "it's not supposed to move" and it moved anyways.... that'd be a bug.

Whatever the case, it's demonstrable and by PUBG Corps word, intentional.  So, it's not a bug, regardless of your opinion.

Now if you don't like it and would rather it works like other games, that's a completely different conversation you should be having instead of insisting people aren't doing their job correctly... go suggest it in the general forum, there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by headspawn

23 minutes ago, headspawn said:

Well yeah, I made the second video myself (just deleted it) to demonstrate that I know what I'm talking about in that it isn't an Xbox related bug.

You can can pretend it's not intended all you want... you're assuming they accidentally made it so that the reticle moves in conjunction with the gun moving, but that's not the reality.  You don't accidentally program a reticle move in an exact and predictable manner, that's called a feature.  A bug would be if it moved erratically, or if RoboDanjal told you "it's not supposed to move" and it moved anyways.... that'd be a bug.

Whatever the case, it's demonstrable and by PUBG Corps word, intentional.  So, it's not a bug, regardless of your opinion.

Now if you don't like it and would rather it works like other games, that's a completely different conversation you should be having instead of insisting people aren't doing their job correctly... go suggest it in the general forum, there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but they have had a lot of issues and this is definitely one of them. I appreciate that you took the time to attempt an explanation though. I'm not sure why you're so passionate about this glitch though. Even the guys who have served in the military say it's not realistic. You naturally focus on your target when you raise your gun up to look down the sights. It's a load of bs from development to say that this is realistic lol. I haven't met someone who's had such a hard on for poor targeting reticles.