Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBasicBro

Big Problem! ADS and Soft Aim Does Not Line Up Properly

When aiming down sights with a scope attached, the reticle noticeably does not line up with where you place your soft aim reticle prior to aiming down your sights. It changes your aim by at least a quarter of an inch on the screen. I noticed this when I was looking out the window and on Erangel and the window sill crosshatch was in my way after looking down the scope, yet in soft aim it wasn't. I don't have any screen caps, but it's easy to test this and try it out for yourself.

Anyone else notice this, or now that I've mentioned it, notice this issue?

1 hour ago, RedButcher said:

This is true for everyone with no way to change it.

Why can't this be changed? It's a matter of lining up the soft aim with ads. You wouldn't intentionally move your aim off to the side in real life, you'd focus on the same point of interest.

@PUBG_RoboDanjal @PUBG Xbox Team @PUBG_Riggles - any comment or observations of this reported before?

If you look here on WackyJacky101's Youtube Video starting at 3:06, it appears that there is no issue with PC. This is a problem on Xbox. Whoops, @PUBG Xbox Team, definitely needs to be fixed.

If you look at Proximmitty on the Xbox one version, you can see at 2:44 that his cross hair is aimed at the tree and when he looks down the scope, it shifts the aim to the left of where his cross hair is pointing, you may have to slow it down to 0.25x and try this a couple times to catch the issue. You even notice a quick left to right motion he uses to correct this issue when he aims down his scope. I'm not near my xbox right now to screen cap this, but can provide further examples if needed tonight. @PUBG Xbox Team @PUBG_Riggles @PUBG_RoboDanjal

5 hours ago, TheBasicBro said:

Why can't this be changed? It's a matter of lining up the soft aim with ads. You wouldn't intentionally move your aim off to the side in real life, you'd focus on the same point of interest.

@PUBG_RoboDanjal @PUBG Xbox Team @PUBG_Riggles - any comment or observations of this reported before?

Actually, you would point you weapon away/move it out of aim, so as not to cause muscle fatigue when you need to engage accurately.

Either way, this is a computer game, and my character can sprint across the map carrying 3 firearms, a small wars worth of ammo, HE, smoke and med supplies, without so much as a misplaced fart, so I would also like to see the aim line up. Mainly because I suck so hard at the game, I may get a couple of extra kills out of it!!!

?

Yeah just tried this myself when waiting for the circle. From hip fire to soft aim it shifts right slightly, then to ADS it’s shifts up quite a bit. Would make more sense for it to maintin point of aim throughout the different aiming types. 

13 hours ago, RABID_CHEESE said:

Actually, you would point you weapon away/move it out of aim, so as not to cause muscle fatigue when you need to engage accurately.

Either way, this is a computer game, and my character can sprint across the map carrying 3 firearms, a small wars worth of ammo, HE, smoke and med supplies, without so much as a misplaced fart, so I would also like to see the aim line up. Mainly because I suck so hard at the game, I may get a couple of extra kills out of it!!!

?

Actually this is a pretty big issue with the aim. Third person shifts one way and first person shifts the other. The PC version doesn't do this. Someone screwed up the aim. @PUBG Xbox Team @PUBG_Riggles @PUBG_RoboDanjal

6 hours ago, Garand1987 said:

Yeah just tried this myself when waiting for the circle. From hip fire to soft aim it shifts right slightly, then to ADS it’s shifts up quite a bit. Would make more sense for it to maintin point of aim throughout the different aiming types. 

I agree, this is an issue. I had my buddies try this last night. Having your aim shift that much when in a close range firefight can be the difference between a head shot and shooting blanks.. Definitely needs to be addressed. This is also a massive issue when it comes to aiming mechanics and attempting to improve them. I can guarantee this will improve controller play massively. This absolutely must be looked into.  @PUBG_RoboDanjal @PUBG Xbox Team @PUBG_Riggles

Please, do not repeatedly tag us, it is not necessary. 

The aimpoint moved because the weapon moves when you ADS. It's not a simple switch of camera, the model moves and therefore so does the aimpoint.  In Wacky's video, in the place you pointed out, you can see that he is actually still moving his aim as he goes to ADS. 

14 minutes ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Please, do not repeatedly tag us, it is not necessary. 

The aimpoint moved because the weapon moves when you ADS. It's not a simple switch of camera, the model moves and therefore so does the aimpoint.  In Wacky's video, in the place you pointed out, you can see that he is actually still moving his aim as he goes to ADS. 

Thank you for showing this, but why does it move both left and right with different perspectives? It causes an inaccurate, less predictable aiming model.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:50 AM, TheBasicBro said:

When aiming down sights with a scope attached, the reticle noticeably does not line up with where you place your soft aim reticle prior to aiming down your sights. It changes your aim by at least a quarter of an inch on the screen. I noticed this when I was looking out the window and on Erangel and the window sill crosshatch was in my way after looking down the scope, yet in soft aim it wasn't. I don't have any screen caps, but it's easy to test this and try it out for yourself.

Anyone else notice this, or now that I've mentioned it, notice this issue?

There is no such thing as "Soft Aim"

Are you referring to Over The Shoulder Aiming?

35 minutes ago, ONE800BEATDOWN said:

There is no such thing as "Soft Aim"

Are you referring to Over The Shoulder Aiming?

Just your plane jane aiming, both are affected in fpp and tpp. Try it for yourself.

Which one are you referring to?

The first one is ADS - Aim Down Sight

The Second is OTS - Over The Shoulder

ADS.jpg

OTS.jpg

16 hours ago, ONE800BEATDOWN said:

Which one are you referring to?

The first one is ADS - Aim Down Sight

The Second is OTS - Over The Shoulder

ADS.jpg

OTS.jpg

There is also First Person siting. You're missing that one without scoping in...

23 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

@PUBG_RoboDanjal  I'm sorry to keep bringing this up, however whether this is a feature or not, this legitimately makes scoping inaccurate and improper no matter how you look at it. Back to the Halo world now.. Zoom boom, or quick scoping was commonly referred to as scoping in and instantaneously taking a shot which was lined up to where your cross hairs were originally centered prior to scoping in. I don't see how the current aiming mechanics are at all accurate in any way whatsoever when you have to zoom in and shift to either the left, or right depending on perspective (TPP or FPP). I highly advise you take an extra minute or two of your time to explore this and bring this up to others, especially within a close quarters combat situation. This is the difference between someone getting a head shot, or completely missing the opponent altogether on the first shot. This is something the development team should be looking into since it genuinely does affect the game play.

The more I bring this up to other people and show them the difference, the more they begin to realize how much this is actually affecting their current game play.

On 5/18/2018 at 12:40 PM, TheBasicBro said:

Sorry, I meant no way for us to change it in the system menus.

20 hours ago, RedButcher said:

Sorry, I meant no way for us to change it in the system menus.

Gotcha! Yeah this would be ideal to implements a permanent fix. It's definitely a problem. The logic behind it "being part of the game" makes absolutely no sense. My reticle should both Hip fire and ADS to the exact same point on my screen. I don't understand how they don't see that... When you're trying to make this e-sports ready, this is a glitch that really throws a curve ball into the game. The fact that they don't seem to care about this is actually frustrating. I escalated this on every discord group and reddit forum possible, including podcasts. The more people that voice their opinion and realize this, the faster a fix will be implemented and put in motion by @PUBG_RoboDanjal @PUBG_Riggles @PUBG Xbox Team.

Here's the reddit threads I posted. @ONE800BEATDOWN, @Garand1987, @RABID_CHEESE

This is an example from Star Wars Battlefront 2. They correctly implement the aiming mechanics. > See how the sniper reticle zoomed in stays focused on the same point of reference while in ADS. This is a AAA title providing a prime example of how this is done correctly. 

19 hours ago, TheBasicBro said:

Gotcha! Yeah this would be ideal to implements a permanent fix. It's definitely a problem. The logic behind it "being part of the game" makes absolutely no sense. My reticle should both Hip fire and ADS to the exact same point on my screen. I don't understand how they don't see that... When you're trying to make this e-sports ready, this is a glitch that really throws a curve ball into the game. The fact that they don't seem to care about this is actually frustrating. I escalated this on every discord group and reddit forum possible, including podcasts. The more people that voice their opinion and realize this, the faster a fix will be implemented and put in motion by @PUBG_RoboDanjal @PUBG_Riggles @PUBG Xbox Team.

Here's the reddit threads I posted. @ONE800BEATDOWN, @Garand1987, @RABID_CHEESE

I have asked you once to refrain from tagging us directly in your posts, as you have done so again you have been given a warning. 

On 5/19/2018 at 2:22 PM, TheBasicBro said:

Thank you for showing this, but why does it move both left and right with different perspectives? It causes an inaccurate, less predictable aiming model.

I don't understand what you mean by "both left and right with different perspectives", could you please elaborate on this? 

Regardless of what other games have done, when you change to ADS your weapon moves, when the weapon moves so will the aim point.

23 hours ago, TheBasicBro said:

There is also First Person siting. You're missing that one without scoping in...

That would be Hip Fire

2 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

I have asked you once to refrain from tagging us directly in your posts, as you have done so again you have been given a warning. 

I don't understand what you mean by "both left and right with different perspectives", could you please elaborate on this? 

Regardless of what other games have done, when you change to ADS your weapon moves, when the weapon moves so will the aim point.

My bad, I'm used to tagging everything in every other social media outlet. This is the first forum I've really used.

I'll send you specific examples when I play next. Regardless of the type of game, having a smooth flowing aiming model is 100% more important than inaccurate perspective shifts. Prior to me sending you the footage when I am on next, aim points shouldn't be moving both left and right from TPP perspective to ADS and from FPP perspective to ADS. If it's a feature, it's not a good feature to have. Even Shroud has pointed this out in the past. Once again, I advise you to take 30 seconds and try this for yourself. Start a TPP game, grab a red dot, focus on a teammates head in TPP and ADS from 10m away. You'll notice you're not scoped on his head anymore. Switch to FPP perspective, center the hip fire reticle on the head and then ADS. You'll notice the reticle shifts the other direction. I don't see how that's something that should be considered normal in an FPP game. I've been playing them consistently for 16+ years now and haven't seen anything like this.

Quick scoping makes no sense in a realistic sense. I think the dev already answered your question. Why would you expect the crosshairs to be in the same exact position when your player physically moves the gun up to his face to look into a scope/sight? It SHOULD be off forcing you to re-aim

1 hour ago, Rapt0rious said:

Quick scoping makes no sense in a realistic sense. I think the dev already answered your question. Why would you expect the crosshairs to be in the same exact position when your player physically moves the gun up to his face to look into a scope/sight? It SHOULD be off forcing you to re-aim

Ok, so it seems like most people here read about half a sentence, get stuck on their point of view and respond with half a statement before trying this for themselves or before jumping to a conclusion prior to adding input.

First off, you'd expect the targeting reticle to line up because you want your reticle to point exactly where you had it positioned when before and after you go ADS. This game is a realistic shooter, but the sprinting forever and blue zone take away from that which is perfect because it creates the best experience possible overall which is what Bluehole wants. They want to create the best experience possible and create smooth gameplay. They are getting there. Programming a game is extremely difficult and this is a massive multiplayer game.. Not an easy feat.

Now.. M&KB users may have less issues quick scoping due to faster M&KB movement, however this isn't about quick-scoping, it's about fluidity and smooth gameplay. I don't know why people are defending the flaw the game has to this extreme measure. It baffles my mind. Who cares about quick scoping... Implementing a fix for the targeting reticle will improve the close quarters combat experience. Bluehole wants to improve this experience and has stated that in the past. I don't know how this thread evolved into "I hate quick-scoping", "the reticle shouldn't be accurate". I think everyone here is arguing about ambiguous points. When I'm stating that from hip fire on TPP and FPP while going into ADS is off center. Does it make sense to have it shift either left or right? No.. no it doesn't and I really don't get why this is being defended so intensely. This is a glitch worth exploring and addressing how it can actually affect gameplay from both CQC combat and ranged combat... Improving on this creates a way better experience, which is what Bluehole ultimately strives to address.

Okay I read a bit and I'm gonna wade into this one.

When in TPP mode if you use the over shoulder aim the camera sits over the right shoulder unless you have used lean and did a lean to the left last. 

What happens is the position of the camera in third person over shoulder aim (left bumper) the camera defaults to where you last lent. So if you do a lean to the left then use left bumper to aim the cam is on the left side not the right side default you are used to. 

I always lean to the right after I finish peeking out from trees so that my cam always sits on the right shoulder and never catches me unaware being on the left.

But the above is not even a factor in first person aiming (Right Trigger)

In regards to the cross hairs not lining up and Quick scoping my opinion is this is more of a simulation than a arcade game. We have bullet drop, ballistics, leading of targets to compensate for there movement and so forth. In real life if you have a rifle with a scope and are looking at something and then raise the scope up to your eye the chances that the thing your aiming at is even in the scope, let alone right in the middle with the crosshairs on it is very small if not 0%. 

If you want to quick scope go play COD or any of the other shooters that cater for your needs they have aim assist and that helps there aiming system have the sights go pop right on target.

The aiming system is not broken in my opinion and it is closer to how a gun with a scope would act in the real world.

Most shooting games are just that games based in an arcade style of realism or unrealism however you look at it yes those games have great snappy aiming crosshairs line-up as you  those of you would like.

My point is this game is not a game that panders to people who want a nice easy gaming experience it makes you judge distances compensate for bullet drop compensate for your targets movement and movement speed by making you lead shots. Heck it drops you in game and makes you fight for you equipment right from the get go. I think the reality is you wont get what you want because its not how PUBG rolls.

If you think that things should be a specific way because that's how other games are I think you are sadly mistaken, there is no aim assist, and people have been screaming for it at various stages of this games development but its not happened and It wont happen and I think you will find that your calls for a fix to something you see as a problem (and others may agree with you) purely based on the premise that other games do it is not a good one.

Build a bridge get over it or play another shooter, as one guy in here said there are heaps of shooters that don't have (the perceived) problem.

Lastly "the best experience possible" it is a fluid thing that changes with each persons perspective and take on what makes a good shooter.

I think I talk for the majority of PUBG players when I say. We like PUBG because it has bullet drop, ballistics, and because it dose not have aim assist and it challenges you, also I'm not 100% sure but I even think the recoil of the guns is not always the same it depends on attachments and just like real guns in the real world the recoil will never be exactly the same especially when firing a gun on full auto or burst fire.