Destru

Fix deathcam or just get rid of it?

17 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

I think replay can eat frames too, worth testing

I turned them both off and noticed a little bit of a difference in the random massive frame drops, but I need replay enabled, I think it's made a little difference with just deathcam off, but not much IMO.

58 minutes ago, Tharkkun said:

35 minute videos for each and every game?  A single replay of just myself from Nvidia capture is approx 400 MB per minute.  That's only myself.  That would be 12 GB for a 30 minute match.  Imagine if they are recording the entire map with locations/points for everyone.  Then the bandwidth to stream it or download it back to each player as they requested it.  

Instead they build it off data only.  It receives numbers only for location, shots, movement, etc and then builds a replay file off that data which comes out to about 35 MB for a 30 minute match.

You do realize there's a huge difference between a video file and a replay/demo file right? The reason why video files can be enormous is due to the encoding process. A replay file don't actually encode anything it just records all data points which then can be parsed in your client, a replay file of a PUBG game would probably be somewhere between 300-500 mb give or take.

2 hours ago, zollebolle said:

You do realize there's a huge difference between a video file and a replay/demo file right? The reason why video files can be enormous is due to the encoding process. A replay file don't actually encode anything it just records all data points which then can be parsed in your client, a replay file of a PUBG game would probably be somewhere between 300-500 mb give or take.

Yeah I misunderstood what you meant.   But even so.  Right now there's currently 550,000 players so 5500 games.  Let's just error on the high side of 500MB.  That's 2.7 terrabytes of storage needed every half hour.  24 hours of that is 1056 TB or 1.056 PB.  That doesn't factor in extra bandwidth and servers to service the replays along with development.  Plus we're not even in peak hours so these numbers are probably low.

It adds up really quick in costs.  Their stupid crate system might offset the costs but I doubt they want to spend the extra money just so people can have perfect replays.  Maybe they'll read this thread and surprise us all.

23 minutes ago, Tharkkun said:

Yeah I misunderstood what you meant.   But even so.  Right now there's currently 550,000 players so 5500 games.  Let's just error on the high side of 500MB.  That's 2.7 terrabytes of storage needed every half hour.  24 hours of that is 1056 TB or 1.056 PB.  That doesn't factor in extra bandwidth and servers to service the replays along with development.  Plus we're not even in peak hours so these numbers are probably low.

It adds up really quick in costs.  Their stupid crate system might offset the costs but I doubt they want to spend the extra money just so people can have perfect replays.  Maybe they'll read this thread and surprise us all.

They've said they wanted to make the game "e-sport" ready and I don't see how they would be able to do that without overhauling the replay system. Current system looks like some poorly encoded fraps video from 2 decades ago, every other game that actually is e-sport ready you can watch games with the same quality as if you were playing.

And 1056 TB wouldn't be too much, I know certain people that move a few TB on daily basis from their home computers so I'm sure a big corp like PUBG can manage.

when watching deathcam, always expect delays from the data on what you're doing, and the enemies.

(deathcam data timeline) = [ Your data ] <--- your latency latency ---> [ Server ]  <--- enemy latency ---> [ Enemy's data ]

since your deathcam and replay was recorded in your machine, plus shitty server and internet, there should be delays.
if PUBG have the ability to record replays directly from server (like dota 2), it should be more accurate, but not as accurate as screen video capture like you see on video streams/record.
I doubt bluehole will spend more resources to allocate replays from server.

Posted (edited)

HAHAHA This game is so fun in many ways, and also good in many ways, but in some ways ITS SO FUCKING BROKEN!!!!!

I was behind cover for like 2 secconds then i get shot by a headshot....

I be like,... W T F

I have a Intel Core i7 8700K CPU @  3.70GHz

32GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX - DDR4 - 32 GB: 2 x 16 GB - DIMM 288-pin - 3000 MHz )

OS (and PUBG) is installed on a Samsung 960 EVO 500GB

I have 250/250Mbit Fibre probably hooked on the backbone of the biggest ISP in Sweden...

And only because im getting matched with someone playing in a shack in Somalia i have to live with this god damn joke?

You know, this game when it works is so god damn fun, and at the same time it makes me hate life when this shit happens =(

How god damn hard can it be?

This actual incident cant only be blamed on the deathcam since i felt i was totally safe behind cover while playing also...

Then the game have to compensate or something because of some lame ass latency or whatever?

Edited by sgt_gh0st

10 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

HAHAHA This game is so fun in many ways, and also good in many ways, but in some ways ITS SO FUCKING BROKEN!!!!!

I was behind cover for like 2 secconds then i get shot by a headshot....

I be like,... W T F

I have a Intel Core i7 8700K CPU @  3.70GHz

32GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX - DDR4 - 32 GB: 2 x 16 GB - DIMM 288-pin - 3000 MHz )

OS (and PUBG) is installed on a Samsung 960 EVO 500GB

I have 250/250Mbit Fibre probably hooked on the backbone of the biggest ISP in Sweden...

And only because im getting matched with someone playing in a shack in Somalia i have to live with this god damn joke?

You know, this game when it works is so god damn fun, and at the same time it makes me hate life when this shit happens =(

How god damn hard can it be?

This actual incident cant only be blamed on the deathcam since i felt i was totally safe behind cover while playing also...

Then the game have to compensate or something because of some lame ass latency or whatever?

the person shot you was probably lagging AF

1 minute ago, azeunkn0wn said:

the person shot you was probably lagging AF

Yes, makes the gaming experience a joke =(

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, Caipirots said:

I love it, and I love replays.

If you don't like it

image.png.8fe36cc81115fa9ee5a817d30fdccf9a.png

Same as "if you dont like lvl3 hemlet in world spawn -> /quit" ?

There is no reason whatsoever not to try make everything better, i mean, would anyone loose anything because it was more accurate, if it was possible?

If it was bad before, after this update its just horrible now...

65% of the replays now people are aiming into the ground/walls when shooting, aim not moving etc etc etc

A lot worse now for me..

Now how is that possible....

Having engineer/tech/devs working on this..

Edited by sgt_gh0st

^ ^

or aim that just snaps point to point, which makes pretty damn stupid unless it's working right.

Oh this thread again... :<

Anyways, like I already pointed out they should put it on the server side and fix the quality and merge the deathcam with the replay along with other highlight moments. Basically remove both options and let people choose if they want to download the entire replay or stream parts of it at the end of the game or up to a certain amount of time after that game.

8 minutes ago, zollebolle said:

Oh this thread again... :<

Anyways, like I already pointed out they should put it on the server side and fix the quality and merge the deathcam with the replay along with other highlight moments. Basically remove both options and let people choose if they want to download the entire replay or stream parts of it at the end of the game or up to a certain amount of time after that game.

I vote for anything that makes it (atleast more) accurate.

1 hour ago, sgt_gh0st said:

"Point to Point" ??

aye no fluid movement, just snaps from point to point.

21 hours ago, nub said:

aye no fluid movement, just snaps from point to point.

huh?

PLEASE Bluehole what did you do in the update to make deathcam even worse!?

Rush updates more please... :(

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:09 PM, Tharkkun said:

PUBG itself said the vast majority of cheaters are found through the cheat detection system and banned.  Only a small fraction are done through reports and those reports take months to take any action.  What reporting does is allow them to review the data and if found cheating they can research how/why/what they are using and implement it into the automated system.

I'll play that back as the vast majority of cheater PUBG detect is through the cheat detection system . Only a small fraction of reports are actually reviewed and result in bans and that takes months. What reporting does is allow is when someone who is racking up kills in a game and consistently getting reported, PUBG can then investigate and ban or monitor for what they are using etc.

Sorry after 2 games out of 3 this afternoon with hackers I really don't have the same faith in PUBG's detection or report handling abilities . 

The deathcam is not designed to see exactly where your opponent is aiming but more about from where he got the shot.

22 hours ago, Sinople said:

The deathcam is not designed to see exactly where your opponent is aiming but more about from where he got the shot.

Ok ok OK yes i hear you, i understand that information.

BUT

Would it hurt anyone IF it was adjusted, in some way or another, to make it accurate, wouldn't that make things a lot easier to tell sometimes when people are cheating or not.

Just look at this from erlier today, excuse me but what the hell is this, you never see this crap in ex CSGO so it can't be impossible to get something more accurate...

His aim is pretty much all the time in the wall xD

Similar to this one:

Posted (edited)

It's so bad, but so bad, it makes me feel embarrassed by the programmers who have developed this for months and so far have not fixed it.

"
The deathcam is not designed to see exactly where your opponent is aiming but more about from where he got the shot."

WHAT? For god's sake, I did'nt read that.

Edited by Trombeta

11 hours ago, sgt_gh0st said:

Would it hurt anyone IF it was adjusted, in some way or another, to make it accurate, wouldn't that make things a lot easier to tell sometimes when people are cheating or not.

As long the adjustment is not cutting in game performance why not... But I like avoid lag/network issue rubberbanding better than having a full reliable deathcam.

Anyway, the anti-cheat feature relies more on battle eye and other software detection than player report (mostly because they are less subjective and could be included in an automatic process).

Are you really searching some cheat evidences for being kill on full auto on contact ? Nobody need an aim-bot for that...

1 hour ago, Sinople said:

As long the adjustment is not cutting in game performance why not... But I like avoid lag/network issue rubberbanding better than having a full reliable deathcam.

Anyway, the anti-cheat feature relies more on battle eye and other software detection than player report (mostly because they are less subjective and could be included in an automatic process).

Are you really searching some cheat evidences for being kill on full auto on contact ? Nobody need an aim-bot for that...

Yeah, because CSGO is a living hell with  lag/network issue rubberbanding all the time....

Hello. 

I fully understand your concerns and frustrations. We do fully intend to improve the replay system, but it's doing it in a way which doesn't compromise performance.  Some players have touched on the fact that the reason we use a data recording system, rather than true video recording, is due to the file size and stress which video encoding can have on players systems.

The deathcam is useful only to know where your killer was. Don't use it to see where he aimed or to 'detect cheats', it doesn't work that way. Of course it would be better if it showed everything exactly how it happened but it is not there yet.

What they need to do also is when you report someone we need to have the reason for report like.

Wall hack

Aim bot

Health cheat

Speed hack

It's pointless just having cheat cos if you don't explain what hack they are using they will just brush it off, i reported someone 5 days ago and each day since i have seen this person still playing ( they were teaming in a solo on OC) mind you in that match 5 people were teaming ( 3 people togther and 2 people togther).

Hackers and cheaters are pathetic, they can't play with out thier hacks and cheats cos they wouldn't get any kills PATHETIC losers the lot of them.