Sign in to follow this  
Drewcifer

Opening Emote Menu While ADS Bug

At any point if you aim down sights and hold your breath (LT+LB) then press RB (while still holding both LT and LB) and open the emote menu, your character will be UNABLE to move forward and backward for the rest of the game. It is replicatable and once you cannot move you cannot fix it from everything I've tried.

can provide video evidence later when I get home, wanted to report ASAP.

once again steps to replicate us LT (full aim down sights, not over the shoulder) > LB > RB. When you see the emote menu open and you're still aiming down the sights you will be unable to move forward and backward, but still side to side.

#bugbounty

I completely forgot that they added the emote system to the PTS. I'll never understand why they added such a worthless feature🤯

Posted (edited)

I don't see this post on the forum anymore? Did it get removed or just not considered a proper bug? 

Edit: must've been unlisted but back now.

Edited by Drewcifer

27 minutes ago, MiniUziShhh said:

Maybe you're getting stuck in the emote screen? 

No, I've tested it in three separate games. It could very well be and it's invisible but I've tried reopening and using an emote and it doesn't solve it, try it yourself.

aim down sight+hold breath, then press RB. 

you've been warned.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ONE800BEATDOWN said:

I completely forgot that they added the emote system to the PTS. I'll never understand why they added such a worthless feature🤯

Yeah I haven’t seen anyone use it yet myself. I’m not sure it’ll catch on in this game. It’s not like we’re gonna taunt enemies from afar, they’ll shoot us in the face while we’re standing there making an emote. We’re not gonna stand next to a downed player and do it because their buddie is on their way and if we’re doing that they’ll melt our face way before it’s done doing the emote and if we wait til they’re all dead it won’t matter anyway because they won’t see it. 

Maybe some people will like it but to me emotes just don’t have a place or use in PUBG. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drewcifer said:

No, I've tested it in three separate games. It could very well be and it's invisible but I've tried reopening and using an emote and it doesn't solve it, try it yourself.

aim down sight+hold breath, then press RB. 

you've been warned.

Yeah I came across it show last night but never got stuck in it. I'll play around with it later and hope I don't get stuck lol

7 hours ago, Drewcifer said:

At any point if you aim down sights and hold your breath (LT+LB) then press RB (while still holding both LT and LB) and open the emote menu, your character will be UNABLE to move forward and backward for the rest of the game. It is replicatable and once you cannot move you cannot fix it from everything I've tried.

can provide video evidence later when I get home, wanted to report ASAP.

once again steps to replicate us LT (full aim down sights, not over the shoulder) > LB > RB. When you see the emote menu open and you're still aiming down the sights you will be unable to move forward and backward, but still side to side.

#bugbounty

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/drewcifer-nero/video/51225550

link to video evidence

This has happened to me countless times. It's incredibly frustrating when in combat, you ADS and the emote menu comes up, ADS cancels out.

At least add an option to disable emote in settings or something. I would literally never have a need to emote...