Sign in to follow this  
Enlil

sound is really bad, seriously

Posted (edited)

It is really time to work on the sound. for example; someone shooting from a position sounds as if he is coming from another direction when he starts walking/running. The problem has also to do with volume, which makes the shooting louder. 

you basically just here the sound left or right. 1 degree angle is a difference between hearing someone the left or right side. 

When you are at the apartments and people shoot each other at the school it sounds as if they are fighting 5m from me. People shooting inside a building doesn't reduce the sound, when iam standing outside the building or very far from it. its as if they are standing outside.

last example: if you are in an apartment and the enemy in the next one, you just cant distinguish if he is in your building or his. 

and there are many more examples.

people claiming you can use sound to your advantage in this game are only 10% correct.

Edited by Enlil

Yes the sound is really strange, not at all good at the level of the spacialization ...

The devs have a big effort to make the top. We are far from doing better than competition in this area.

more problems:

When you are in a room and step on a carpet the panning of both sound is different. this fools you thinking someone might be next to you.

On 3.6.2017 at 10:23 PM, Enlil said:

It is really time to work on the sound. for example; someone shooting from a position sounds as if he is coming from another direction when he starts walking/running. The problem has also to do with volume, which makes the shooting louder. 

you basically just here the sound left or right. 1 degree angle is a difference between hearing someone the left or right side. 

When you are at the apartments and people shoot each other at the school it sounds as if they are fighting 5m from me. People shooting inside a building doesn't reduce the sound, when iam standing outside the building or very far from it. its as if they are standing outside.

last example: if you are in an apartment and the enemy in the next one, you just cant distinguish if he is in your building or his. 

and there are many more examples.

people claiming you can use sound to your advantage in this game are only 10% correct.

tbh get a better sound card or headset

i play much with the sound and you can figure out fast where shots come from. Even when they use silencers its just a short advantage till u can figure out where they are.

to your example of the apartments, most times i just listen at the first one and can tell you if someone is in the first, 2nd small one or the ones behind the those smalls

1 hour ago, Enlil said:

more problems:

When you are in a room and step on a carpet the panning of both sound is different. this fools you thinking someone might be next to you.

true the carpet sound and the sound walking outside on grass are kinda the same and smth should be done about it

When will the dev team look into sound, it really is  turn off. so much wrong with it. 

The sound is really really bad, is the same thing a bike running at 10 meters of 50 meters 

the sound system is really intricit and alot of time went into it to make it as realistic as possible. but if it causes this much confusion then i think it would be best to start over. keep it in depth but just make it more accurate as to were its coming from. my opinion anyways 

I honestly don't know what you guys are having problems with? The game has an amazing way of rendering sound with the distance/direction system. It's one of the best sound systems I've heard in games in a really long time. Sure, there are some issues with too many samples playing at the same time (lobby/redzone crackling), but the 3D directional sound is amazing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ShatterNL said:

I honestly don't know what you guys are having problems with? The game has an amazing way of rendering sound with the distance/direction system. It's one of the best sound systems I've heard in games in a really long time. Sure, there are some issues with too many samples playing at the same time (lobby/redzone crackling), but the 3D directional sound is amazing.

Yes, also if you run software to analyze the sounds you will find that they are indeed very accurate and high quality.
However, i think a lot of people have cheap soundcards (internal once) and no amp/dac's along with proper headphones. However, this is not required ieather.
So, this game have some really good soundbites and you can clearly experience it w/o highend hifi-hardware.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

There's such a short angle between full left and right sounds, like what the OP said 1 degree is the difference between fully in one ear and loud in both. Often a player will be within my line of sight but the gun firing sound plays from one ear, making me think there's another player in that direction. I'm not talking about bullet flyby and impact, those sound completely different from the weapons.

Since this is the only game that has this problem, it's not my sound setup.

Also about silencers. They cause the firing sound to get cut off after a certain range. It's not a linear curve, it's a flat line where it stops playing. I've had a few people shoot near me and I couldn't hear their shots but could see them. I walk less than 10M closer and then I can hear it as if it's less than 50M out.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin

Sound is garbage. It's impossible to hear where the f*** shots are coming from. Sometimes the sound seems as it's coming from the front, but it's actually the back..

The sound system is perfect and only bad players cant find where shots are comming from.

Sign in to follow this