Spen

Two key points to win a chicken dinner

Spen    128
Posted (edited)

In another thread i tried to help a beginner on how he can win a game. I copied this part over into this single thread so others can profit from it.

When i look back at the games i / we won it's always because of two key points:

• Good moving paths
  • Not greedy

If i / we lose it's always because of one of these three reasons:

• Bad planning ahead
  • Too greedy
  • No luck at looting

Most of the time it really helps to always plan your way on the map:

• Know the path you want to go (enough cover?)
  • Know how fast you have to move to follow this path (blue circle!)
  • Know how fast you can move (vehicle available?)

Always keep in mind that you can die very fast, so don't be greedy:

• Shooting always means a hell lot of players around you know where you are, so are you gonna nail that kill? If not, don't shoot.
  • How are your chances to win a firefight? Bad? Just fall back! Leave your enemies alone, especially if they already shot at you (see the point above).
  • Most of the time: DO NOT PUSH except you are 100% sure your enemy is looting etc. Most of the time pushing means that you leave your cover and therefore has a very high risk!
  • Are there two other teams in a firefight? Don't engage! Just wait until one team is eliminated, then engage.
  • Are there players coming from outside of the white circle? Just wait in cover, they need to come to you.
  • You have good weapons and good equipment? Don't go to houses looting, because why? It's just a risk.
  • There are open doors on houses you planend on looting? Forget it, there is probably no good loot left anyway.
  • You are on an open field in the end game? Just lay on the ground and let the others kill each other. Only shoot players that are directly besides you or walking towards you.

I think the path taken and not being greedy is the key to winning a chicken dinner.

Please feel free to discuss or to add points you think are more or equally important.

Best luck on your chicken dinner!

Edited by Spen
  • Like 11

corund    0

Such tactics will increase your chances to win. But it is so boring to avoid fights and behave rationally. For me better strategy is to drop in high loot area take all possible fights, die fast or get best possible loot. I feel satisfied after such active starting and avoid fights until ending phase.

Animattle    0
16 hours ago, Spen said:

• Shooting always means a hell lot of players around you know where you are, so are you gonna nail that kill? If not, don't shoot.
  • How are your chances to win a firefight? Bad? Just fall back! Leave your enemies alone, especially if they already shot at you (see the point above).
  • Most of the time: DO NOT PUSH except you are 100% sure your enemy is looting etc. Most of the time pushing means that you leave your cover and therefore has a very high risk!
  • Are there two other teams in a firefight? Don't engage! Just wait until one team is eliminated, then engage.
  • Are there players coming from outside of the white circle? Just wait in cover, they need to come to you.

I know ur intention here but i would say it will lead to a passiv gameplay and that wont work until u get lucky.

Bad_News    26
7 hours ago, corund said:

Such tactics will increase your chances to win. But it is so boring to avoid fights and behave rationally. For me better strategy is to drop in high loot area take all possible fights, die fast or get best possible loot. I feel satisfied after such active starting and avoid fights until ending phase.

Early game and late game is two completely different games, you need to be able to change the way you play.

I also like high loot area, if i die i just start a new game so np. But in late game the only thing that matter is killing the #2 guy.

• Like 1

Spen    128
15 hours ago, corund said:

Yes, this thread was about how to win not about how to maximize your personal fun factor. I actually don't find this game style to be boring :) Playing rationally allows for a very tactical gameplay and that it self makes much more fun for me than running around like in a fast pace shooter game. 

8 hours ago, Animattle said:

I know ur intention here but i would say it will lead to a passiv gameplay and that wont work until u get lucky.

That is why i mentioned that one reason i / we lose a game is because we didn't get good loot at the beginning. Sure you can and often need to play aggressive in the first seconds after landing but after getting your first AR you can switch to the more passive play style.

Mo3bius    5

I think the tips are valid, but more for people who already have played the game several hours. It's useless to get into late game, if you can't hit anything.Weapon practice is important. As a beginner, I would try to fight as much as possible. When you are at point, where you win more than 50% of your fire fights, follow the advice of Spen :)

• Like 2

Spen    128

We just won two game in a row (directly after each other) with respect too these key points. :D That was totally awesome. Extremely hyped!

20170606222209_1.jpg.4c4dc65a3195481b44bf98387008f680.jpg20170606225911_1.jpg.91638518ad5c4d0cffb7c1f2f533aa51.jpg

• Like 2

corund    0
6 hours ago, Spen said:

We just won two game in a row (directly after each other) with respect too these key points. :D That was totally awesome. Extremely hyped!20170606225911_1.jpg.91638518ad5c4d0cffb7c1f2f533aa51.jpg

Win with zero kills? nice usage of tactics from topis starter :D 

On ‎06‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 0:22 AM, Spen said:
  • You are on an open field in the end game? Just lay on the ground and let the others kill each other.

Spen    128
2 hours ago, corund said:

Win with zero kills? nice usage of tactics from topis starter :D 

Just keep in mind that i was playing in a team. I did do a lot of knock outs and damage. That is equaly important for the team as making kills. B|

• Like 2

Personally I like this play style and these tips. Slow/inadequate looting out in the middle of nowhere at the beginning is a killer when I look back at our games. Of course you get top 10, because you run for 15 minutes and see no one, but then you're pushing a hill rocking a red dot and have a level 1 vest or something...but once looted, I play careful/slow. It's exactly what this game incentivizes.

6 hours ago, Spen said:

Just keep in mind that i was playing in a team. I did do a lot of knock outs and damage. That is equaly important for the team as making kills. B|

This is probably discussed elsewhere I would love to see knockdowns as a stat as I play mostly solo and feel so ripped off when my teammates get all my kills. And they will bust your chops for having none, when half of theirs were cleanup and I downed them when they could actually shoot back. I'm just salty ?

• Like 1

officialslix    12

personally i try to always get played in the middle of each circle. to avoid heavy movement and panic rushes to avoid circle dmg. there is always a fucker waiting at the circle edges. or even worse a fucker shooting from outside kills you and then dies aswell cuz shit hes to far away. 

while staying in the middle you have good chances in getting the best covered position which is available in this area. unless it is during the last circles then this will be super stupid and you will most likly die. 

Kringe7    125
7 hours ago, Spen said:

But you had 0 hit points, which means you did no damage the entire game.  Even with one bullet you'd at least have 1, wouldn't you?  

Spen    128
4 hours ago, Kringe7 said:

But you had 0 hit points, which means you did no damage the entire game.  Even with one bullet you'd at least have 1, wouldn't you?  

I did wonder about this too. But i definitely knocked at least one player out in this round so i don't know what's up with these points.

AR7IC    2

I actually agree with you 100%. By playing solo this is probably one of the best things to know. 
Tho what I want to know is - how to act when your teammate/I are down in firefights.
Im not a player to play with teams. Most of the time I play solo and end up at #10. I played few games with teammates but I had bad decision calling in firefights when few teammates were down.

Flanked    8

Go out there and get in fights, it's early access and stats will keep getting reset. Drop at the military base, learn to land on a gun and get straight into the action, the more fights you get into the better your aim and manoeuvring will become so when you get to the business end of the round you know what you can do. If you never get into the action and don't learn how to fight you will never get many of those tarty dinners

Spen    128
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AR7IC said:

Tho what I want to know is - how to act when your teammate/I are down in firefights.
Im not a player to play with teams. Most of the time I play solo and end up at #10. I played few games with teammates but I had bad decision calling in firefights when few teammates were down.

I actually don't have a solution for such a situation. It depends on the situation and the call outs of the knocked out teammate. Most of the time we stop what every we were doing and instantly rush to our teammate, trying to circle around if possible. The point here is not that this is a good way to go about these situations it's more that playing without the fallen teammate / friend does hurt the fun. Therefore we try to kill the enemies that knocked the teammate down before they can finish him. If teammates get killed very early we often just kill our self after finishing the enemy team that attacked to start a new round.

So if someone other has a good tip for these situations, please share :)

Edited by Spen
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AR7IC said:

Got in a spat with a teammate the other day about this. Guy was pushing up one side of the building we were next to and his teammate was inside the building to my left. I stopped revive twice to take shots at the guy pushing and got a few hits, and the other guy came around with a shotgun and took us both out. His point was I had 9 seconds. My point was I bought that time by shooting at the guy pushing.

Real point was we were in horrible position and were probably both dead anyway. I was completely pinched and they knew I had to revive.

So it's a judgment call. Every situation will be different. Try to make the right call. If you don't, or if your teammate is upset and thought you could have gotten him up, well...it's just a game. The minute you go down, you ride on your squads decisions so you just respect them and let them do their thing.

• Like 1

Notez    0

just wondering how he gets knockdowns and damage in a game where he had 0 kills and 0 hit points worth of damage... seems legit

Sysorex    17
Posted (edited)
On 09/06/2017 at 11:42 AM, Notez said:

just wondering how he gets knockdowns and damage in a game where he had 0 kills and 0 hit points worth of damage... seems legit

The answer is he didn't lol. Hitting a person gives you hit points, no points means he didn't hit anyone at all OR he was in a custom game where it doesn't give you points (but will still show kills)

EDIT: he did get BP for winning so it wasn't a custom game either.

Edited by Sysorex
Realisation

korfain    10

I'd say that the most important point gathered from this thread was the theory of not shooting unless you're almost certain you can nail the kill. You risk your position entirely when shooting so you need to make sure it's worth it.

Nice write up, thanks for sharing your insight.

• Like 3

Greaves    64
Posted (edited)

578080_screenshots_20170620182911_1.jpg.c324e1dacf2f7a992b5ccb7706f06ca0.jpg

Most of these points are directly beneficial to getting a win, but it also depends on your playstyle. You can be agressive and win as many games as when you are not. In my experience a lot of players are quite passive and are scared to shoot because they fear you will notice them. It often gets them killed because they get noticed anyway. Also people sometimes panic and fumble their shots when you are super agressive. It's all within reason though.

Edited by Greaves