Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ramsey Sparrow

FREQUENCY AND SIZE OF UPDATES

Hello.

I'll keep this short. Very recently I had to download something like 8 gigabytes of update in order to play the game.

Few days have passed, I haven't had a chance to play yet, so I fire up PUBG and guess what: here I am looking at another 8gb update screen again.

Devs, with all due respect - I know you need to update to keep things rolling and I appreciate that you actually develop the game to make it better,

but the intensity and sheer sizes of updates begin to borderline on silly. 

I just wanted to make a note of it - it simply got to the point where it's beginning to be overly noticeable.

More rare, steady updates? Smaller sizes? Making an in game menu info about upcoming ones?

thanks

Ram

9 minutes ago, Ramsey Sparrow said:

Hello.

I'll keep this short. Very recently I had to download something like 8 gigabytes of update in order to play the game.

Few days have passed, I haven't had a chance to play yet, so I fire up PUBG and guess what: here I am looking at another 8gb update screen again.

Devs, with all due respect - I know you need to update to keep things rolling and I appreciate that you actually develop the game to make it better,

I just wanted to make a note of it - it simply got to the point where it's beginning to be overly noticeable.

More rare, steady updates? Smaller sizes? Making an in game menu info about upcoming ones?

thanks

Ram

Oh boy, I wonder how you cope with everyday life.

Be careful out there fella.

Trolling? I'll bite..

So you'd rather have smaller more frequent updates that won't have much effect on the game, which will add up overtime, instead of less frequent, but larger updates that will actually change the game (hopefully for the better of the game)?

28 minutes ago, Ramsey Sparrow said:

Hello.

thanks

Ram

Surely you are being ironic about the intensity and size ?

The updates come out roughly one every 4 weeks, that's not an intensive roll out schedule and your few days is actually more like a few weeks.

As to the size, 8Gb is really not much at all, especially considering it added an entire new map etc to the game.

If you don't like how "quickly" the updates are coming then perhaps you should wait until it's released as version 1.0, as updates are part and parcel of a game preview title.

58 minutes ago, Ramsey Sparrow said:

Hello.

thanks

Ram

Get better broadband maybe, then 8gb updates wont seem like such a big deal.

definately being a jokester.  the updates are not nearly fast enough with the damage previous updates cause.

Just now, Balloonknot said:

definately being a jokester.  the updates are not nearly fast enough with the damage previous updates cause.

I don’t know man, I genuinely can’t tell who is serious and who is trolling half the time on this forum

15 minutes ago, TriviaJockey said:

Um...turn on automatic updates?  

That’s logic, steady mate?

Seriously, what is it with the level of responses on this forum? 

An average reply here is like something coming from a child in puberty.

No, I'm not a jokester. I'm not spending my time trolling on forums, do people actually do that?

But not a millennial who's pc and steam are turned on 24/7 either, so not sure how the automatic updates are to help me with issue of frequency and sizes of updates. 

I am pretty surgical with logic you see, so don't fall back on it @Harry Stylesif you don't know how to, you'll hurt yourself. 

My broadband is fast, I'm in central London.

I don't play all the time to be able to tell to the tick, but updates definitely happen more often than once every four weeks and often very big, what's the deal?

I have other online games which in comparison don't turn out nowhere near the frequency and size of pubg's updates. Those are being disruptive, plain and simple.

The new map has arrived recently: I've been seeing frequent updates clocking in gigabytes before it came and after it came - no correlation.

Seriously people, have you got nothing better to do than attempt pseudo-smart answers like get yourself a fast broadband mate, turn on auto updates mate or logic mate.

In fact, this was my comment to the devs, not a desperate attempt at a discussion, so unless you have something of value to say, like why the updates are as big as they are (often nearly the size of the entire game), just don't open your mouth at all - you're wasting your time and mine.

37 minutes ago, Ramsey Sparrow said:

No, I'm not a jokester. I'm not spending my time trolling on forums, do people actually do that?

But not a millennial who's pc and steam are turned on 24/7 either, so not sure how the automatic updates are to help me with issue of frequency and sizes of updates. 

I am pretty surgical with logic you see, so don't fall back on it @Harry Stylesif you don't know how to, you'll hurt yourself. 

I don't play all the time to be able to tell to the tick, but updates definitely happen more often than once every four weeks and often very big, what's the deal?

I have other online games which in comparison don't turn out nowhere near the frequency and size of pubg's updates. Those are being disruptive, plain and simple.

The new map has arrived recently: I've been seeing frequent updates clocking in gigabytes before it came and after it came - no correlation.

Seriously people, have you got nothing better to do than attempt pseudo-smart answers like get yourself a fast broadband mate, turn on auto updates mate or logic mate.

In fact, this was my comment to the devs, not a desperate attempt at a discussion, so unless you have something of value to say, like why the updates are as big as they are (often nearly the size of the entire game), just don't open your mouth at all - you're wasting your time and mine.

I hear ya mate, and I don't understand either why a hot fix was 7.2gb. No other game I've played does that. 

Unfortunately, all the responses you are getting are just typical of the keyboard warrior era that we live in. I'm surprised noone has chimed in with a - you're just mad cause you're terrible, or - I'm the one that 360 no scopes you from 400m, git gud. They seem to be the normal response, regardless of the question. 

the updates are typcially NOT this often.. they fked patch 15 up so bad they had to hot fix the shit out of it rather quickly. 

next update is scheduled for around the 26th.

as for why the file size is so "large" idk just download it.  its required to play.

@Ramsey Sparrow I'd re-read the DeV letter in the News and Announcements section for the most info you're going to get on game plans.

thanks both. I don't mind the regularity if it wasn't for the ridiculous sizes - it's like I'm redownloading the entire game on regular basis. 

I understand if they have to add a map once every half a year or something, but why on earth it's large gigs over and over? 

I guess I won't find out, but flagging it to the devs anyway, a bit silly really, devs!

It’s easier for them to release the whole game again instead of applying small patches, since the game is in game preview, once the game is release

they will release small updates as stated in their Q &A page.

29 minutes ago, Prowash said:

It’s easier for them to release the whole game again instead of applying small patches, since the game is in game preview, once the game is release

they will release small updates as stated in their Q &A page.

This guy knows what's up.  Every update you download the entire game again.  I.Q. pretty low in this forum.

On 6/1/2018 at 1:51 PM, Ramsey Sparrow said:

Hello.

thanks

Ram

This is a fine example of not being able to make everybody happy.  So many cried that there weren't enough updates and screamed to fix the game and here they are doing just that, here we have somebody complaining about them fixing the game. Lol

data caps suck and some people just live in under served areas where data caps are a reality of life. but that is not, and should not be any concern of pubg corp. 

On 6/1/2018 at 8:22 PM, hotdogin said:

Trolling? I'll bite..

So you'd rather have smaller more frequent updates that won't have much effect on the game, which will add up overtime, instead of less frequent, but larger updates that will actually change the game (hopefully for the better of the game)?

I think his issue is that the updates are not actually “7gb” like the last one... instead of just giving us the updated file we have to install most of the game again. The game was 10.6gb roughly before the update and now it’s 10.67gb as I do a fresh install everytime. I’m not fussed about the updates as I have fibre but I can see why it’s annoying. Having to basically reinstall the game on every update isn’t very viable for a lot of people 

11 hours ago, Ramsey Sparrow said:

thanks both. I don't mind the regularity if it wasn't for the ridiculous sizes - it's like I'm redownloading the entire game on regular basis. 

I understand if they have to add a map once every half a year or something, but why on earth it's large gigs over and over? 

I guess I won't find out, but flagging it to the devs anyway, a bit silly really, devs!

You do realize that's exactly what you are doing right? Reloading the entire game on a regular basis? Everytime you have a 7-9 gig update, they aren't adding more gigs, they are updating the game and it stays relatively the same size because its broke and the code doesnt work right. Every update we have they are trying to make the game work better, and you are complaining about it? Hey devs, please increase the size and frequency of the updates so we get a functional game faster! And it will also have the added benefit of pissing this genius off. win win!

I would be happy to download a 10gb patch daily if they were fixing things that rapidly

On 6/1/2018 at 2:51 PM, Ramsey Sparrow said:

Hello.

thanks

Ram

You know the size of the updates doesn't compound right? The updates being 8gb x2 does not mean your game is now using up 16gb of space on your system right? Or is it because you are limited on bandwidth due to your ISP's limitations/location/whatever?

On 6/9/2018 at 1:32 AM, Ramsey Sparrow said:

It was at this point, I knew your IQ was low.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:32 PM, Ramsey Sparrow said:

Although I really really don't want to compare PUBG to AAA titles... This one time, I will.

Battlefield 1 updates tend to average 5gb's.

R6 updates (every 3 months) are about 5gb's

COD WW2 most recent update was 5.5gb

On 6/8/2018 at 8:32 PM, Ramsey Sparrow said:

This is an open forum. If you do not want folks to engage with you when you post something then you may want to consider contacting the dev team directly. A lot of folks overlook this, but one does not NEED to post here in order to get a message/bug report communicated to the devs. There's a "Contact  Us" section that can be used for such purposes if one wishes to remain anonymous (to the posting community) or wishes to convey something more private, detailed, etc. 

I mean this respectfully, if you don't want to engage with folks then don't post in an open forum. Contact the dev team directly.

On 6/10/2018 at 3:23 PM, Mr.Orange said:

This is an open forum. If you do not want folks to engage with you when you post something then you may want to consider contacting the dev team directly. A lot of folks overlook this, but one does not NEED to post here in order to get a message/bug report communicated to the devs. There's a "Contact  Us" section that can be used for such purposes if one wishes to remain anonymous (to the posting community) or wishes to convey something more private, detailed, etc. 

I mean this respectfully, if you don't want to engage with folks then don't post in an open forum. Contact the dev team directly.

Thanks, understood and appreciated. I have no problem with people replying. I'm simply tired of douchebags, who even bother to respond with 'get a faster broadband mate', 'autoupdates?' or 'logic mate', all condescending, none helpful. Like harrystyles there, a brave teenage warrior of the web, with his silly provocations just waiting to get a reaction. I'm just disappointed at the general level of discussions at these forums. But then what was I expecting from an internet forum of one of the most popular shooters? Mark of times.