I have played pubg on xbox at least 5 hours a night for the last two months.  Tonight was the first time I quit solely because how unstable the play is.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

5 hours a night doesn’t sound very healthy bro...

Take a little break, go do some outdoor activities abd read a book. You’ll enjoy your time away from this broken game.

Edited by Trudeau IsEvil
  • Like 3
  • RIP 2

I feel your pain. It's more frustrating than it is fun. 

Haven't played much lately, game crashes too frequently now and is overall worse since the Miramar update. 

It’s a shame. I love the game, but more and more of my friends are giving up on it and quitting the game. Unfortunately the games performance is just barely improving. 

• Like 1

Only a few months before the competition start to come in with their own BR. I can see a vast majority abandoning ship *if* the competition delivers. Though I do agree, the rate the game is improving is rather slow.

Posted (edited)

I think PUBG is gonna go down in history as one of those revolutionary games that was completely out done by its competitors. Success came too quick for the development team. They simply don’t seem to be able to keep up. 

Edit: Also suing the people who own the engine your game runs on doesn’t strike me as the wisest of decisions. 

Edited by Thatguy111
  • Like 1

seriously every group of guys I say ends the session saying the same thing "in give up" this game just gives too much grief and we try so hard to overlook it

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Juicepoc said:

I have played pubg on xbox at least 5 hours a night for the last two months.  Tonight was the first time I quit solely because how unstable the play is.

Any game for 5 hours a night is way over the odds man. You'll burnout on the best implemented game way too soon. 

8hrs at work/school

8hrs sleep

5hrs gaming

leaves 3 hrs to shower, sh*t, shave etc.

Not good by any standard...

2 hours ago, Thatguy111 said:

I think PUBG is gonna go down in history as one of those revolutionary games that was completely out done by its competitors. Success came too quick for the development team. They simply don’t seem to be able to keep up. 

Edit: Also suing the people who own the engine your game runs on doesn’t strike me as the wisest of decisions. 

It’s a completely serpate issue tho, be silly for blue hole to not take action lol 

53 minutes ago, AGlasgowThing said:

It’s a completely serpate issue tho, be silly for blue hole to not take action lol 

My understanding is that they filed suit over the battle royale game type. Is that accurate? 

Take a short break, play another game for a couple weeks. That always seems to do the trick for me. Play Rainbow six siege or something. 

40 minutes ago, Thatguy111 said:

My understanding is that they filed suit over the battle royale game type. Is that accurate? 

No, its not hard to Google it. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Thatguy111 said:

I think PUBG is gonna go down in history as one of those revolutionary games that was completely out done by its competitors. Success came too quick for the development team. They simply don’t seem to be able to keep up.... 

You're not wrong. They proved the gameplay model, and other more funded companies are swooping in and out-developing them.

It's a shame, but I'd suppose  that if they can't expand their team rapidly with quality people, then they'll get left behind.

I don't think it WILL happen, but I think it could.

Edited by mrhat7er

45 minutes ago, Thatguy111 said:

Somewhat... There's a portion of it that has to do with the likeness (Battle Royale), but the other component of the lawsuit involves Fortnite using PUBG by name to market it's game. You can't use another business/person's name/likeness to promote a product without their express permission. Fortnite didn't seek it - so there's some merit to the lawsuit. Hence it moving forward. BUT...time will tell if there was any merit to the rest of the lawsuit.

46 minutes ago, sourlemons said:

Somewhat... There's a portion of it that has to do with the likeness (Battle Royale), but the other component of the lawsuit involves Fortnite using PUBG by name to market it's game. You can't use another business/person's name/likeness to promote a product without their express permission. Fortnite didn't seek it - so there's some merit to the lawsuit. Hence it moving forward. BUT...time will tell if there was any merit to the rest of the lawsuit.

Its in EPIC's T&C's. They reserve the right to use any images and branding of products built using their engine. Its clear as day, Epic are well within their rights to use pubgs imagery and branding.

Epic should just refuse pubg corp the use of the unreal engine if they are not happy with the T&C's 

3 minutes ago, tick626 said:

Its in EPIC's T&C's. They reserve the right to use any images and branding of products built using their engine. Its clear as day, Epic are well within their rights to use pubgs imagery and branding.

Epic should just refuse pubg corp the use of the unreal engine if they are not happy with the T&C's 

How about we just wait to see where the lawsuit goes? That goes for me too - no sense in us speculating over stuff we don't really know the story behind. 

when the game was first introduced I wad gifted the game for christmas.  I played a few matches and literally hated it so much I didn't play for like 5 patches it was so bad.

its come a long way from that.  still needs work but I'm just saying, like everyone else, take a break it'll still be here.  Even with other BR games coming there will still be people playing PubG.

• Haha 1

I think the main problem here is you spend 5 hours a day playing xbox. 

Find a hobby, get out more, excersize. 

going back to Destiny 2 myself.  At least the game doesnt crash and I can enjoy their new content 

The problem with PUBG is that it really isn't a game. It's a great Proof Of Concept. That's probably all it ever will be. Other companies will broaden the BR horizons and create better games. Bluehole should have sold the IP to a Triple A studio a long time ago. Time will tell

12 hours ago, Trudeau IsEvil said:

5 hours a night doesn’t sound very healthy bro...

Take a little break, go do some outdoor activities abd read a book. You’ll enjoy your time away from this broken game.

I think you're right man. I was playing a lot like almost every day and started to get really frustrated with this game but some things came up and I didn't play for like 2 weeks. When I came back I was getting 7+ kill games regularly, the time off seemed to help quite a bit.

Sure I probably dropped on the leader board quite a bit matching me with lower players but it helped me get back to loving this game again

• Like 1

I'm probably done if and when another realistic BR game comes to Xbox. Gonna be keeping an eye on COD but if the shooting is a laser pointer like the multiplayer I'll probably leave that shit in the grave where I left it.