Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RB117

Fidgety Player

Hey guys I’ve been playing on console since it came out and I’ve always had a problem with being a little fidgety, and it obviously effects my gameplay. I’ve searched online for stuff to help but it’s all the same crap so if anybody here can help out it would be gratefully appreciated. 

4 hours ago, RB117 said:

Hey guys I’ve been playing on console since it came out and I’ve always had a problem with being a little fidgety, and it obviously effects my gameplay. I’ve searched online for stuff to help but it’s all the same crap so if anybody here can help out it would be gratefully appreciated. 

Do you mean like how i bounce my leg up and down all the time while im at my desk and it causes my mouse cursor to bounce around?

3 hours ago, Takarii said:

Do you mean like how i bounce my leg up and down all the time while im at my desk and it causes my mouse cursor to bounce around?

Yea kinda but it’s just with my hands if that makes any sense 

One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer :P

my mind tends to wonder when playing and that, as you can imagine, doesn’t help playing. One of the above mentioned remedies calms me enough that I stay focused. Might help might not. 

2 hours ago, Garand1987 said:

One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer :P

my mind tends to wonder when playing and that, as you can imagine, doesn’t help playing. One of the above mentioned remedies calms me enough that I stay focused. Might help might not. 

Same here man. I always take a swig of something when my hands shake. 

Drink a beer or two. My adrenaline would really get going causing my hands to shake a little when I first started playing, but has since calmed down now that I'm used to the game. Take a few deep breaths and keep going.

On 6/8/2018 at 7:37 AM, RB117 said:

Sounds to me like you need to smoke a bowl before you play.

So one of the guys I play with is a pretty jumpy and very excitable guy, when we play I usually take out teams while he fires randomly in the same general direction. Its a lot of fun to watch him play when I do get taken out. Because it consists of me saying miss,miss,miss,miss, wrong gun, are you trying to through that stun grenade or are you freaking out, yep that's the gun, you hit their arm, miss, miss, you're dead.

He would have so much adrenalin running through him when he finally got a chance he screws it up, so we slowed down is aim speed through sights, and now he has to listen to classical music to calm him. Also I told him to go into every fight that you are able to kill the other guy and his friends if you just go slow. 

A great saying for a game like this is "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast" 

MAN UP!!!!!!!

jk just breathe

I have to deep breathe in top 10 situations to even be useful 

Yh this is pretty common, I have to suppress the adrenaline and the urge to blast at people full auto every time. Pacing shots and firing short bursts is deathly accurate, even the dp-28 can be helps accurate if you fire 2-3 shot bursts.

Make the decision ahead of time of a rhythm that you are going to shoot to.

With a medium to long distance fight it is best to tap fire at a consistent interval, so pick a medium tempo song that you like to shoot to. A good example would be White Lies (Feat. Jenni Potts by Odesza.    (Pop...Pop...Pop...Pop), shooting with the snare drum in the middle or last quarter of the song around the 3:10 mark .  Another good song with a little better speed that suits the M16 on single shot with a 4x and a COMP is Late Night by Odesza. The first part of the song, shooting with the snare drum.

Sounds like a weird tactic, but slower shots can mean more shots on target, and sometimes thinking about something other than "I'm gonna die" makes things easier.

Another tactic I've used to get rid of fidgeting for other reasons is doing some situps and pushups before I have the opportunity to get to that point.