MrBubbs

External SSD help

Many of you might be seeing posts on how using an external SSD drive will help to give pubg instant rendering on drop and super fast load in times. If you haven’t seen anything about using an SSD drive for pubg then go onto YouTube and search “Xbox pubg ssd compare)  Below Is a guide for when (not if) you get one on setting it up. 

Plug in via USB; you can do this with the Xbox on and it will automatically prompt you with a box asking how you would like to set up your storage (Media or Storage) and name it. 

You'll have to select the Format Storage Device button. It will then allow you to name it. 

The Xbox will ask if you want new games or apps to install on the internal or external. 

It won't take long to format the SSD. 

You can go into your My Games and Apps tab and cursor to PUBG. When you press the expanded select button for PUBG properties, you can select Manage Game. From there you can Copy it to your external. 

When you update PUBG, do it as you normally would. The Xbox will handle it all and update the proper location with no worry.

Before you do all of that, make sure you update the controller firmware of the SSD.

Fixes wear levelling issues and random disconnects whilst plugged into an external enclosure (sometimes - this is brand dependent)

Got me an SSD this week. Plugged and played and wow what a difference. No rubber banding, no play dough, buildings rendered straight away and loaded straight off the plane and when I crash I’m back in less than half the time. Only went for 256gb. Huge difference. Best investment for this game if you can’t afford a new Xbox. 

• Like 2

The next consoles had better have some SSD flavored versions. I think with my xbox one in dire need of opening up and cleaning, I might also look into drive cloning to an SSD. 

On 6/14/2018 at 10:51 AM, Fractured Life said:

The next consoles had better have some SSD flavored versions. I think with my xbox one in dire need of opening up and cleaning, I might also look into drive cloning to an SSD. 

If the next generation of xbox doesn't come with better hardware I won't buy one. I'll just buy a pc and play games on it