1 hour ago, Sniper AB 587 said:

If you exit to the lobby before the game starts it doesn't count on your stats so you can play the map you want.

But I do agree because this can be annoying and because once they bring out the third map how we going to get the map we want then.

They touched upon this for PC. 

The hows/whys of map selection and matchmaking, pooling players, and the problems that occurred affecting overall matchmaking for everyone. 

1 hour ago, Sniper AB 587 said:

I think it'll come down to a server issue when they bring map selection in, I think they'll have to figure out how to allocate servers properly so they don't run out of servers for a map, because one maps going to be more popular then the other. Like how majority on xbox want to play Erangel if there was a map selection there wouldn't be much players on Mimar and Erangel servers would get busy quick. That's just my guess.

Yes, then it is multiplied by Solo/Duo/Squad, TPP or FPP, and region. 

I have been looking for it in the PC forum to give you a better answer but there are so many threads

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IamBuiltForSin said:

Hold your horses, the devs stated it's coming.

It has been removed from PC now due to it making the game glitch so doesn't look like Xbox will be getting map selection anytiume soon.

They (some pubg Corp or bluehole rep person) stated some where that map selection caused match making errors. Too many different groups of people only trying to play solo or duo or squad on one of 2 maps isn’t so bad but add a third (savage) and a forth (snow map) and it becomes increasingly difficult to manage and extends waiting times for people. 

They should have preferred map like r6s, So it doesn't screw with matchmaking or player pools. 

If I played my preferred map 6/10 id be happy

1 hour ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

It has been removed from PC now due to it making the game glitch so doesn't look like Xbox will be getting map selection anytiume soon.

Just been on the live server for PC and map selection is still there.

They were talking about when Sanhok drops that it will be an option and the other option would be Miramar and Erangel. I can't see how this will do anything but have people just queue for Sanhok and the use of Miramar and Erangel will simply wither.