Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Irisheyes44

Pulling Pin On Grenade?

I might have missed this while looking through controls, but is there a separate button used for pulling the pin on a grenade? Obviously the pin gets removed when you throw the grenade, but what if you hold the grenade. It just stays in your hand forever, so what do I press so that it can detonate in my hand?

Just for the sake of accuracy of realism, RT pulls the pin, but there is still a safety lever that when released ignites the 5 second fuse. Pulling the pin with RT does not mandate throwing a frag, stun, smoke grenade or even a molotov which technically would be inaccurate for a lit molotov ?.  You can tap Y to put any throwable away by switching back to the previously equipped weapon. Might default back to a primary weapon; don't recall if it switches back to a sidearm.

Edit: LB releases the safety lever to start cooking the fuse. If I am not mistaken, the fuse on a stun and smoke grenade is significantly shorter than the 5 second fuse on frags.

@Irisheyes44

Pin is left click but I suspect you might be asking about cooking the grenade. To begin cooking the grenade before you throw use the reload button ("R").

When you hold the trigger to line up the shot.  Technically you pull the saftey pins. It's not until you release the "spoon" { hitting the left bumper while hold the right trigger} That starts the timer.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, JWRecon said:

Just for the sake of accuracy of realism, RT pulls the pin, but there is still a safety lever that when released ignites the 5 second fuse. Pulling the pin with RT does not mandate throwing a frag, stun, smoke grenade or even a molotov which technically would be inaccurate for a lit molotov ?.  You can tap Y to put any throwable away by switching back to the previously equipped weapon. Might default back to a primary weapon; don't recall if it switches back to a sidearm.

Edit: LB releases the safety lever to start cooking the fuse. If I am not mistaken, the fuse on a stun and smoke grenade is significantly shorter than the 5 second fuse on frags.

14 hours ago, Quasispec said:

@Irisheyes44

Pin is left click but I suspect you might be asking about cooking the grenade. To begin cooking the grenade before you throw use the reload button ("R").

Appreciate it. I've seen all my friends pull out a grenade in a car, and then I freaked out and yelled at them to watch them simply put it away. I wasn't sure how they did it cuz I assumed they had already pulled the pin that makes the fuse start.

20 hours ago, Quasispec said:

@Irisheyes44

In what universe does pubg work like this?