ggkoreanos

Punishment for people who leave random squads

I think it would be a necessary idea to avoid that people that leaves the random squads when they don't like the map... It would be like in CSGO 30 minutes ban for the first time, 1 hour for the second time they do it, 2 hours, 24 hours, and 1 week...

What do you think about?

• Like 2
  • RIP 3

How about if people who spam crap through their mic and a person leaves?

Or if you are teamed up with people whom speak a totally different language and are OOR players. 

How about.... well you get the drift.

• Like 6

Perfect way to get people to leave the game altogether, that's what I think.

You cannot punish people for exercising their free will, that will always end badly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What about joining a squad where no one lands in the same place? would this requirement mean you had to stay the whole match even if you died? What if you get grouped with someone who doesn't know what push to talk is for and all you hear his them coughing up a lung or their mother yelling at them to clean their room? Sorry, I would leave the game entirely.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The_Ancient_One said:

Much prefer rewards and carrots to encourage solid team play than a stick and penalties that might fall on one's self due to RL circumstance. 

You need both, but rewarding good behavior is key. There is no incentive to play better as a duo or squad. Geez you can't even really report people for TK'ing.

What they need to incorporate at some point is a reputation system that you can reward team mates for good behavior and team play (good support, good comms, good leadership), and report for toxic behaviors (quiting, AFK, lone wolfing). Then match those things with game rewards as an acknowledgement and promote achievement.

23 minutes ago, Armastadt said:

You need both, but rewarding good behavior is key. There is no incentive to play better as a duo or squad. Geez you can't even really report people for TK'ing.

What they need to incorporate at some point is a reputation system that you can reward team mates for good behavior and team play (good support, good comms, good leadership), and report for toxic behaviors (quiting, AFK, lone wolfing). Then match those things with game rewards as an acknowledgement and promote achievement.

funny how people promote a fundamentally unpopular idea, when its clear people wont like it the knee jerk is to "make people play" it by punishing them if they don't.

"Toxic behaviours" I read anything you don't like - Just NO forget it.

In the real world people don't play games to get punished, especially if its for breaking your Barbie rules,  they say "this isn't fun I'll play something else" and don't come back - this is what is happening right now. If you want to have no-one to fill your servers go ahead and punish -  wont inconvenience me non, I wont be playing.

Edited by GrumpyOldMan
  • Like 1

The problem with this line of thinking is that you hurt a lot of people who may not of left on purpose or had something come up. I have had an emergency or two in my days of gaming. It does happen no matter how seldom. Along with a lot of other factors. I have left plenty of squad games back when I used to try and random with pugs because they didn't speak English. I have even had to deal with trolling and players not trying to TK me but trying to make me hurt them, chasing any nades I tossed. Walking in front of me during fire fights, blocking me into corners. I am sure others have dealt with this as well.

If you are going to do anything it would have to only take effect on constant leavers. You would need to leave 3+ games within like an hour or something before any punishment. Then that punishment should increase with repeat offenders. 

3 hours ago, GrumpyOldMan said:

funny how people promote a fundamentally unpopular idea, when its clear people wont like it the knee jerk is to "make people play" it by punishing them if they don't.

"Toxic behaviours" I read anything you don't like - Just NO forget it.

In the real world people don't play games to get punished, especially if its for breaking your Barbie rules,  they say "this isn't fun I'll play something else" and don't come back - this is what is happening right now. If you want to have no-one to fill your servers go ahead and punish -  wont inconvenience me non, I wont be playing.

Thinking you need some punctuation in there somewhere. What's a "fundamentally unpopular idea"? Punishing queue dodging or a reputation system? Sorry, but carrots and sticks work in shaping behavior:  https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-games/201301/modifying-player-behavior-in-league-legends-honor

I listed examples of toxic behaviors, they are behaviors that don't contribute (specifically) to team play (none of this matters in solos anyway). So if you're talking about behaviors that ruin solos, then queue dodging is potentially one of those. And certain games choose to shape people's behavior accordingly. When match making is time consuming and/or otherwise expensive, and someone queue dodges, it should be punished to deter the behavior. In PUBG, right now, probably not so much. You drop with 100 people, which is not different than 98 or maybe even 92, and 1/3 to 1/2 of those die in the first 5 minutes because hot drops. Luckily for now, there's a big enough player pool that queue dodging because you don't like Miramar doesn't matter too much.

If people enjoy a game but do bad things, they will either conform so they can play the game they enjoy or they will quit playing because they don't want to change their behavior to be part of a community. And in some cases it's better they quit so that everyone else has a better experience.

Again, none of this really matters in solo queue anyway, since other than quitting the game early, dodging queue, or explicitly cheating there's not a lot of behavior to govern. The only other thing that could be considered toxic is some sort of player abuse (but there's no in game chat, and voice comms can be muted). Mic abuse in duos/squads should be punished via a reputation system.

Edited by Armastadt

Just adapt Overwatches system. After so many leaves you get a penalty of 10 games with no exp gain. If you leave again within those 10 games it doubles or something. 

7 minutes ago, Zultanath said:

The problem with this line of thinking is that you hurt a lot of people who may not of left on purpose or had something come up. I have had an emergency or two in my days of gaming. It does happen no matter how seldom. Along with a lot of other factors. I have left plenty of squad games back when I used to try and random with pugs because they didn't speak English. I have even had to deal with trolling and players not trying to TK me but trying to make me hurt them, chasing any nades I tossed. Walking in front of me during fire fights, blocking me into corners. I am sure others have dealt with this as well.

If you are going to do anything it would have to only take effect on constant leavers. You would need to leave 3+ games within like an hour or something before any punishment. Then that punishment should increase with repeat offenders. 

And that's what a reputation system does, over time, through many games. Does this person constantly quit prematurely? Does this person get reported for toxic behavior? For not being a team player? For abusing comms? Right now, there is no way to even give feed back regarding those players. A lot of the time it's just a troll game for someone, and not something they do consistently, but for a small minority of players these kinds of behaviors need to be corrected because they affect other people's game play. There is a difference in solos and duos/squads as to the overall impacts.

A rep system would be cool but PUBG hasn't shown a desire or ability to do anything that complicated (especially if it's not directly attached to micro-transactions). What is the root cause of people quitting in the lobby? Probably map selection. A more simple solution is to put full map selection back and then just incentivize people to leave all maps in rotation by giving XP and/or BP bonus. This would keep a pool of players queuing for all maps to keep matchmaking times at a minimum while also giving the option to select the map(s) you want if you really want to. Easy solution!

Any other reasons for leaving the lobby early probably shouldn't be punished anyway. You suddenly have to go. Your team has no mic or doesn't speak English. Someone on your team is being obnoxious etc..

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ggkoreanos said:

I think it would be a necessary idea to avoid that people that leaves the random squads when they don't like the map... It would be like in CSGO 30 minutes ban for the first time, 1 hour for the second time they do it, 2 hours, 24 hours, and 1 week...

What do you think about?

i think map selection would be a great idea!!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Armastadt said:

Thinking you need some punctuation in there somewhere.

Ad hominem

What's a "fundamentally unpopular idea"? Punishing queue dodging or a reputation system? Sorry, but carrots and sticks work in shaping behavior:  https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-games/201301/modifying-player-behavior-in-league-legends-honor

oddly,  an idea the fundamental basis of which is unpopular. Complicate it all you like, your idea is to punish people to get compliance with an arbitrary set of norms what I'm calling your Barbie rules. That is not popular idea, read the response you have had in the thread. QED.

Shaping behaviour, no I don't accept the premise of stick and carrot when it comes to a game. Especially one  people can easily elect not to play and with such a tenuous hold on its player base that PUBG has. Show me a study that factors in a game where 50% of the players have already quit, totally different dynamic. 

I listed examples of toxic behaviors, they are behaviors that don't contribute (specifically) to team play (none of this matters in solos anyway).

Sorry no, you listed behaviour you label as "toxic",  you're the arbiter, its your Barbie rules. Once again there is freedom of choice in any game, in particular the freedom to disagree with other players. What you regard as "Toxic" others could regard as common sense, for example; where to drop. when not to engage the enemy, when to push etc etc. People aren't blind robots that have to play your way.  

3 hours ago, A_WakeSkate said:

Why not punish people that join random squads? xD

Cause not everyone can find a good amount of active ppl that speak same language, are on kind of same skill level and don't behave like dicks. Even more difficult if you are not being able to play on prime time and not from China or English speaking country. 

Playing in random teams is already punishing enough, for like 95% of the time.

• Thanks 1

I understand what you say... But i can count with one hand the times I had that kind of people in my team... The most of the times (95% or higher) I get colleagues involved with the team and they don't troll. The thing I'm "reporting" is punishment for people who leaves teams while in the plane or they disconnect with no reason or they play solo in squad and they sell you in wallapop... Obviously, the trolls and "rat kids" should be punished also... They could do something like ESEA or FACEIT where you can report users who don't play for the team, they troll, they leave between others.

The thing with the language... I don't speak english properly but I can communicate with people and thats enough I don't think "sometimes they don't speak english" is not an excuse to leave a team, everybody know how to say coordenates and ask for help...

Yeah no !  You play in random squad so it's random in all the meaning, therefore you can't complain ! Believe me i hate leaving and i'm not even bothering when ppl leave cause i'm use to play 1-man squad too but when i see 70% of random squad that want to jump in a hot drop...that's just painfull or i leave or i jump somewhere alone now but they obviously get mad in voice chat...

PS : Please all random ppl if you drive a car with someone in your back STOP FUCKING DRIVING STRAIGHT FFS !!!!

They could start with implenting a good matchmaking system and adding incentives to actually play like a team and try to win before implenting punishment for leaving...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zollebolle said:

They could start with implenting a good matchmaking system and adding incentives to actually play like a team and try to win before implenting punishment for leaving...

I totally agree with you...

On 7/11/2018 at 5:38 AM, ggkoreanos said:

What do you think about?

Perma-bans for everyone!

• Haha 1