Sign in to follow this  
ggkoreanos

Punishment for people who leave random squads

2 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

LOL that's exactly the issue, thats exactly what breaks everything, you're done !

So how do you expain selecting one map NOT breaking the game i.e. Sanhok.

giving people the option to select one map is what broken the matchmaking, they said it, you quoted them saying it Im saying it ... so can you please just stop !

Just now, DeadlyEggXoP said:

giving people the option to select one map is what broken the matchmaking, they said it, you quoted them saying it Im saying it ... so can you please just stop !

Umm... You can select one map now... What broke it was how they were queueing those maps.. So how do you explain that you CAN IN FACT SELECT ONE MAP NOW?

yes you can and its this fact that has broken the matchmaking.

I cannot say it anymore, you have quoted them saying exactly that fact.

17 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

yes you can and its this fact that has broken the matchmaking.

I cannot say it anymore, you have quoted them saying exactly that fact.

"So, at least for now, we’re going to launch Sanhok as its own queue, with Miramar and Erangel bundled together in a separate queue."

So why is it that they can't have multiple queues?

"we’ve decided that we can’t support individual map selection for more than two maps."

Cannot support individual map selection for more than two maps.... Yet... They have 3 maps... Two maps in one queue and one map in the other queue..

Do they mean they cannot have more than two queues? But that's not what they said...

They are planning on adding another map. So will adding this new map "break" the game again?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3229520292645744467

"We wanted to make sure that we could create a solution that worked for every region’s players, even the ones with a naturally low server population."

Oh, what's that? Low server population could cause a problem with queue times? Look at that..

"We analyzed tens of millions of matches and sorted the data by server, mode, and time to make sure map selection wouldn’t break the game for anyone."

Maybe if they just sorted matches by Mode->Map->Time then there wouldn't be such a big problem.

I think what really "broke" the matchmaking was, as I have been saying, is low server population and people trying to queue in servers across the world.

Maybe if they just region lock the servers they can add real map selection again. If it is a problem on a specific server: Remove it on that server.

In the end, it all comes back to REGION LOCK.

Edited by NotABot

As you know, ever since we launched

the first version of map selection in Update #12, certain queues in OC have suffered from serious matchmaking problems.

I.E.

THERE WAS NO PROBLEM IN OC .. THEY ADDED MAP SEELCTION AND NOW THER ARE SERIOUS MATCHMAKING PROBLEMS ..

Nothing to do with there not being enough players.  seriously just stop

1 minute ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

I.E.

THERE WAS NO PROBLEM IN OC .. THEY ADDED MAP SEELCTION AND NOW THER ARE SERIOUS MATCHMAKING PROBLEMS ..

Nothing to do with there not being enough players.  seriously just stop

Then why is that EXACTLY what they are saying the problem was?

I always leave games before they start if the squad can't or won't use voice, or when some 14 year old non-english speaking twunt is gobbing off on voice, so yes i leave quite a lot of games, why should i play a round in either circumstance as i can tell you the outcome long before we've dropped anywhere.

Edited by Starbug

5 hours ago, Starbug said:

I always leave games before they start if the squad can't or won't use voice, or when some 14 year old non-english speaking twunt is gobbing off on voice, so yes i leave quite a lot of games, why should i play a round in either circumstance as i can tell you the outcome long before we've dropped anywhere.

Which is why we need a Looking for Group feature...

21 minutes ago, ghostlife said:

Which is why we need a Looking for Group feature...

We need a lot of features not just LFG 😨

14 hours ago, NotABot said:

Umm... You can select one map now... What broke it was how they were queueing those maps.. So how do you explain that you CAN IN FACT SELECT ONE MAP NOW?

It's no different then when the second map released. They pushed it hard to play. Same thing is happening now. It will change, just like it did with the second map.

9 minutes ago, Yourgamesbroken said:

It's no different then when the second map released. They pushed it hard to play. Same thing is happening now. It will change, just like it did with the second map.

That's not the point being made. You can select one map, so why can't we have map selection where you just select the map you want to play....

Punishing people barely helps - if it doesn't hurt. Look at matchmaking in CSGO for example, that restricts teamkillers from playing for increasing amounts of time. Yet, barely anyone refrains from teamkilling because of the punishment.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NotABot said:

That's not the point being made. You can select one map, so why can't we have map selection where you just select the map you want to play....

That IS the point. Map selection doesn't work. It fragments the playerbase too much. Not sure why that's so hard for people to understand. The current map select is temp, it's got slow lobby times and will go away once they are done pushing the new map.

1 minute ago, Yourgamesbroken said:

That IS the point. Map selection doesn't work. It fragments the playerbase too much. Not sure why that's so hard for people to understand. The current map select is temp, it's got slow lobby times and will go away once they are done pushing the new map.

No, it isn't. Because they are discussing bringing it back. The problem was how it was implemented, not that it was implemented. That's what you are not understanding. It was mostly a problem for low population servers. The majority of people didn't find any problems with it but the dev team decided that it was too much of a problem. Read some of the links posted.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 9:22 PM, NotABot said:

Where is your proof that this does anything but just keep people from playing the game?

They probably leave less time squads by the fear of waiting time in the lobby, No proof at all just a suggestion

2 minutes ago, NasusPls said:

They probably leave less time squads by the fear of waiting time in the lobby, No proof at all just a suggestion

Yes, that is the idea. That having to wait longer for the next game means people are less likely to leave the current game.

It doesn't solve the issue that some people don't have time to do either and just want to play a match that will be fun for them.

What a time-out does do is discourage these people from coming back at all because they feel like their time is more valuable than to be spending it in a game they are not enjoying.

1 hour ago, NotABot said:

No, it isn't. Because they are discussing bringing it back. The problem was how it was implemented, not that it was implemented. That's what you are not understanding. It was mostly a problem for low population servers. The majority of people didn't find any problems with it but the dev team decided that it was too much of a problem. Read some of the links posted.

It's not gonna happen. All you have got do is look at the numbers. The game is steadily on the decline. Map selection will never come back. They do not have the playerbase to support ALL the different lobbies needed. Even the new map is currently struggling to load on populated servers.

1 minute ago, Yourgamesbroken said:

It's not gonna happen. All you have got do is look at the numbers. The game is steadily on the decline. Map selection will never come back. They do not have the playerbase to support ALL the different lobbies needed. Even the new map is currently struggling to load on populated servers.

You probably have a point in that. Maybe though it should be a Map Priority selection. Meaning, that people get to choose their favorite map so they are more likely to play to that map and their lower priority (disliked) maps are less likely to be played. People should still have a choice on what maps they want to play.

In a map priorty system you would be queued into all of the maps but if more people are favoriting a specific map then they can use that data to queue that map more often. It could, also, be changed based on who is playing and how many people have a certain map favorited or disliked at that time.

2 hours ago, Yourgamesbroken said:

disagree , because of the declining player base they have to sort this limitation. Otherwise we get below 500,000 players and nobody can get a game