Sign in to follow this  
interesTED

Make Miramar's high mesas inaccessible

Relatively easy request. I'm no great fan of Miramar, because it boils down to the question whether you find a sniper rifle or not. Anyway, I play the map because leaving it somehow results in me getting the same map again and again. However, in the last time, the circle frequently ends somewhere with those really high cliffs/rocks/mesas. I think that these mesas should be inaccessible, because the sniper rifle advantage becomes even more frustrating for the players who have to cross vast areas without no real cover, whereas the players on those rocks can easily lie down without anyone having the opportunity to shoot at them. In the screenshot, you can see for example how the complete zone is dominated by four players with sniper rifles. I think the solution on Sanhok is way better because players are actually able to move from cover to cover in order to avoid the snipers in higher areas. However, as providing much more cover on the mountain slopes in Miramar would require altering the whole map, I'd argue in favor of making these positions inaccessible (the area in the screenshot is just an example, the area north of Minas Generales suffers from the same problem). 

2019911118_2018-07-17(1).png.75fd3dddc7335d64a5e1128441fcb311.png

• RIP 1

Oh dear. I can't look away! A train is about to hit a player!

I can somewhat agree with your opinion. But, you also have to take into account that height in PUBg is not always an advantage. The biggest problem people in high locations have is that their most vulnerable part is exposed, their heads. A headshot will take you down a lot faster than body shots and more often then not they have little cover to shoot from where as a person below can move a lot and shoot from multiple locations while they have to usually shoot from one spot. At least thats from my experience.

• Like 1

if you don't have a sniper to oneshot anybody in this kind of situation just try and next game....

Every time you're facing a oneshot weapon with a multishot weapon you are underpowered, you have to deal with it (and this is why most of the last circles are a sniper battle, you need some kind of luck when you only got ar, and if you 've got no zoom : you're dead on any map facing good snipers....But if they aren't so good you have your chance)

They should leave Miramar as is. It's fine. Have you ever tried to hit a moving target from one of those "high mesas"? 

Don't sit still. Problem solved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think some more rocks and trees would take care of this. The sniper spots are powerful because you can look over areas where people have to run through the open. If you give the open a bit more cover then you won't always track people moving through it and will have a harder time finishing off another player.

I'm a bit disappointed with all the buildings they added on Miramar personally. Besides just confusing movement through the map for my instincts that were developed earlier in it's development, it gives more static positions for players to be at and just just exacerbates the exposure when having to cross areas on foot in a hurry.

hmm, and if the next circle goes right then they all have to come down while being hugely exposed.

I thought this was going to be about the proper big ones that you can get up if you have the 2 seater bike and a lot of speed ;)

But this spot in the screenshot is of one of those craters. the guy bottom right is near the downed plane at the high west side of San Martin there is terrain cover around there and then the little complexes at the bottom of the hills will offer cover and are more likely to be in the next circle.

I get that sometimes you feel screwed by the circle and feel like you were pushed into open space.   But that kind of IS the point.

if you feel that the mesas are too strong, then go to one asap.  Be the guy that always gets you.

• Like 3

Why did you't get on the hill before they did, and when they climbed up, unload your ump?

If you can't do that, just quit the Miramar lobby. problem solved.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BraveStarrTG said:

I can somewhat agree with your opinion. But, you also have to take into account that height in PUBg is not always an advantage. The biggest problem people in high locations have is that their most vulnerable part is exposed, their heads. A headshot will take you down a lot faster than body shots and more often then not they have little cover to shoot from where as a person below can move a lot and shoot from multiple locations while they have to usually shoot from one spot. At least thats from my experience.

That is indeed true and that works really well on the other two maps, because there is enough cover. However, the cover is completely missing on Miramar and using vehicles (as you can see, I tried that) often results in moving even more predictable, because driving up the mountain makes you really slow.

Most of the people on the screenshot came from Pecado in this round, because there was a huge battle in the down and then the zone moved north. I have no problems with zones jumping somewhere else, but you need to at least give those players that have to move the opportunity to go there.

7 hours ago, jonboiwaltune said:

Why did you't get on the hill before they did, and when they climbed up, unload your ump?

If you can't do that, just quit the Miramar lobby. problem solved.

1) See my first answer. Also, when you watch Miramar replays, you will see some players always camping these spots. I guess you will always run into them that way. And again, these spots do not exist on both other maps

2) Tried that. You will get Miramar ten times in a row then (there was a post about that recently, acutally)

hmm, and if the next circle goes right then they all have to come down while being hugely exposed.

I thought this was going to be about the proper big ones that you can get up if you have the 2 seater bike and a lot of speed ;)

But this spot in the screenshot is of one of those craters. the guy bottom right is near the downed plane at the high west side of San Martin there is terrain cover around there and then the little complexes at the bottom of the hills will offer cover and are more likely to be in the next circle.

I get that sometimes you feel screwed by the circle and feel like you were pushed into open space.   But that kind of IS the point.

if you feel that the mesas are too strong, then go to one asap.  Be the guy that always gets you.

The guy at the bottom right is no problem. You have no real advantage being in that area. I referred to the guys in the upper left part. And yes, there are also mesas that are only accessible by bike. 

I know that the zone is sometimes more and sometimes less fair. However, this is about map design and Bluehole did not design any similar spots on both other maps. In fact, I don't know a single area where you'd have a similar advantage.

Edited by interesTED

Miramar is fine just many dont learn the map or where the good loot areas are. you can drop in places even small sheds and be geared to the teeth. also one thing that bothers me is most people think you have to drop in big towns on miramar when its not the case. some of the best loot areas are miles from anywhere. just learn the map. learn where loot is. experiment.

sks kars are every where. if people are moaning about circle placement move learn adapt. miramar is better than erangel once you learn it. just many at the start of its release didnt like change or wouldnt put in effort to learn it. it was made even better with changes and now is the better map.

11 hours ago, interesTED said:

Relatively easy request. I'm no great fan of Miramar, because it boils down to the question whether you find a sniper rifle or not. Anyway, I play the map because leaving it somehow results in me getting the same map again and again. However, in the last time, the circle frequently ends somewhere with those really high cliffs/rocks/mesas. I think that these mesas should be inaccessible, because the sniper rifle advantage becomes even more frustrating for the players who have to cross vast areas without no real cover, whereas the players on those rocks can easily lie down without anyone having the opportunity to shoot at them. In the screenshot, you can see for example how the complete zone is dominated by four players with sniper rifles. I think the solution on Sanhok is way better because players are actually able to move from cover to cover in order to avoid the snipers in higher areas. However, as providing much more cover on the mountain slopes in Miramar would require altering the whole map, I'd argue in favor of making these positions inaccessible (the area in the screenshot is just an example, the area north of Minas Generales suffers from the same problem). 

2019911118_2018-07-17(1).png.75fd3dddc7335d64a5e1128441fcb311.png

I downloaded your screen shot and ran it through the super computer using the "how not to get sniped" algorithm. The yellow and white circles were added to highlight areas of cover that can be used to counter snipe or take cover until movement is required.

Untitled.png

9 hours ago, Coleman the Camper said:

I downloaded your screen shot and ran it through the super computer using the "how not to get sniped" algorithm. The yellow and white circles were added to highlight areas of cover that can be used to counter snipe or take cover until movement is required.

Untitled.png

shot at.JPG

I love miramar.

As for this complaint - you realize by sitting up on those hills they expose themselves much more than you do sitting in a house below or behind cover. They made the effort to get up there. And when the circle shrinks they will have to get down. haha.

I've gotten many a kill sitting in a shack as a couple jabronis race down the hill from their sniping post away from the blue only to meet my silenced vector shredding them one by one.

On 7/18/2018 at 1:38 AM, Quasispec said:

I think some more rocks and trees would take care of this. The sniper spots are powerful because you can look over areas where people have to run through the open. If you give the open a bit more cover then you won't always track people moving through it and will have a harder time finishing off another player.

I'm a bit disappointed with all the buildings they added on Miramar personally. Besides just confusing movement through the map for my instincts that were developed earlier in it's development, it gives more static positions for players to be at and just just exacerbates the exposure when having to cross areas on foot in a hurry.

The only real fix for most shooting / map situation like this one, is to fix the game shooting mechanics. Uncontrollable recoil for automatic modes, so no matter how fast or hard you pull mouse don, recoil is there. Requiring to use the correct stance to minimize the sway. Require to get the correct sniper rifle eye relief and and require to keep your mouse moves very minimal if not even stationary. 

Shooting further should be far more challenging and talent based than mouse accuracy and getting in position to where others should move over open area.

There is a reason why shooting ranges has the fixed tables, people are using all kind supports from sandbags to bipods and combinations, because there are few few in a thousand shooter who can do it by standing. 

Someone of course can say that professional shooters like these don't know anything about shooting and are terrible by accuracy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTUo6jmfI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZi9SgkM74

If the sniping would require careful positioning, relaxed stance (like get prone at least a few seconds before a shot) and very careful mouse velocities, it wouldn't hurt so many young minds getting sniped because they would know that the player with long rifle put effort and risk to get that shot. 

And then there are like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teixm6JMw_k

PUBG and similar games are having a lot of trouble balancing the gameplay because they do not base anything to realistic or even expected capabilities or limitations. 

Like we do not see 9mm being deadly shot from a pistol at 180 meters with iron sights as young minds would yell "THAT IS UNREALISTIC!"

We do not either see the requirement to position yourself in proning direction, get your high magnification scopes sights all set just to get the good shots.

We do not see same for AR or any other weapon where shooter should be required to stay still, not jump around, not turn around, not wave gun around and not doing rapid fire etc. 

Putting more realistic velocities, weights etc to the guns would make things far more balanced as players would not be there whining then. 

PUBG is closer to QUAKE 3 than it is to ie. ARMA 3 

Like look how ARMA 3 solved things:

It might sound that 25 second thing but it is a game mechanic to make players avoiding unnecessary weapon movements (doesn't get affected by head movements) and so on keep them more focused for their tasks and surroundings.