Is it me or are headshots WAY to easy.

I am sorry but in NO way should you be able to POP out behind a rock and hit someone in the head. The chance of that is just NUTS. 

I think they need to make the head hit box smaller OR more sway early on in the aiming process and require holding breath to calm, you down.,

• Confused 1

errmm  what ? your bullet should go where you aim, its perfectly possible to peak someone and hit a headshot just as it should be, the head hitbox is no bigger than the head. as it should be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, checkmate007 said:

I am sorry but in NO way should you be able to POP out behind a rock and hit someone in the head. The chance of that is just NUTS. 

I think they need to make the head hit box smaller OR more sway early on in the aiming process and require holding breath to calm, you down.,

What? Lol. I know what your upset about but it's, also, hilarious to be upset about it.

This is why other games have a shield or armor.

Think about it.  How hard is it for you to click the X to close a window?  Click a link on a web page?  The mouse is designed for extreme accuracy at speed.  Some people happen to be very, very good at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jonboiwaltune said:

Think about it.  How hard is it for you to click the X to close a window?  Click a link on a web page?  The mouse is designed for extreme accuracy at speed.  Some people happen to be very, very good at it.

"Some people are very good (at closing windows)."

3 hours ago, NotABot said:

"Some people are very good (at closing windows)."

You beat me to it, 3 hours ago. 

Posted (edited)

People should just accept the fact "everyone is insane at this game" as summit said one time while watching highlights.. For some reason everyone can make a good play and thats why this game is so good.

Edited by oBrendao
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, oBrendao said:

People should just accept the fact "everyone is insane at this game" as summit said one time while watching highlights.. For some reason everyone can make a good play and thats why this game is so good.

This is because of a lack of weapon sway and acceleration momentum. It's not really a bad thing but I believe more skill would be needed if you couldn't just flick your mouse over someone's head and instant kill them. There is a reason why it's difficult to do in real life vs a video game. Things have weight in real life and suffer from momentum. Humans aren't perfect robots that that can hold weapons perfectly still or swing them around and stop with pin point accuracy.

Another problem is that you don't lose accuracy after a sprint or long run. You just go right back to being perfect robot.

Another reason is how the game "crosshairs" work. IMO, shooters shouldn't have crosshairs but a circle of probability similar to how it's done in Holdfast. Even that game you can get some pretty insane accurate shots but it's more improbable that you will hit insane long distance shots and the game just feels more rewarding (and frustrating at times) for it.

But this game already uses Crosshairs.. No point in changing it now.

Edited by NotABot
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, NotABot said:

This is because of a lack of weapon sway and acceleration momentum. It's not really a bad thing but I believe more skill would be needed if you couldn't just flick your mouse over someone's head and instant kill them. There is a reason why it's difficult to do in real life vs a video game. Things have weight in real life and suffer from momentum. Humans aren't perfect robots that that can hold weapons perfectly still or swing them around and stop with pin point accuracy.

Another problem is that you don't lose accuracy after a sprint or long run. You just go right back to being perfect robot.

The ARMA 3 is one of the few games that really makes things far more interesting as you must consider the real world limitations.

The PUBG is not much more than a 90's average FPS shooter. The main difference really is that you have a recoil system where weapon crosshair is actually moving little around.

But that ain't enough. 

I am not saying that PUBG should be ARMA 3, as it is well known why Mr. PUBG stopped developing his mod for ARMA 3 and originally chose to use it as well. 

But PUBG would benefit a lot from far more skill requiring shooting. Meaning you can't spring the 2km and just shoot headshots all around you without trouble. Sprinting a 100m would be a good limitation and requiring to gain stamina back for even just few seconds like 5-6 to be able shoot normally. It would boost your reason to go from cover to cover so you can aim well for longer ranges than 20m. 

Every iron sight gun should require some kind alignment before starting to shoot accurately for longer range. By default it would be easier to get shots "to there" but not headshots or even body shots so easily. So you would need to hold your breath and align the sight manually to center and it would stay so for few ADS times if you don't move much, so you don't need to do that every time.  

All the leaning shots etc should be removed from rifles etc or just keep there but add dramatic inaccuracy for the aiming and consume stamina, eliminate your recoil control so you can't take more than couple shots "to that direction". that is where pistols and SMG would have the benefit over AR and rifles as you could peak around corners better for close range shooting (it is totally different to peak with pistol than peak with a Kar98k). 

All jumping should consume your stamina and require seconds to stabilize after landing.

Faster mouse movements should throw your aim more off, so even if you do very small range movement but very quickly, you are more inaccurate than those who do more proper mouse movements and side stepping etc to move and look around. So player who just swings mouse 90 degree to return fire is totally inferior compared to one who were already kneeled, made stable smooth tracking and shot short bursts or single fire shots. So other can't just jump up, turn 90 degree and shoot headshots or body shots without trouble. 

The PUBG problem is that it is promoting the broadcasters fast mouse movements and accuracy, over good tactical gamers with skills to move, aim and position themselves. 

The game would become far more interesting when there would be more changes for even bad aimers, but those who know where to go and how to get there and can prepare themselves to shoot, until someone just jumps around the corner and lays the headshot with kar98k from the air just before landing. 

Even the original 1998 Rainbow Six had very much spot on the shooting, and same way with the Ghost Recon. It was totally different results to do a quick mouse turn than do the smooth mouse turn. Or do the entry via smooth front movement than quick turn or do a side stepping in than sprinting in etc. 

Those games very far more skill requiring than today's shooters because you didn't need just great aim, you needed to control your gun and your movement. 

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

You have some good ideas but some things are just too much. Like realigning iron sights. We want to have a balance between the "arcade" shooter and the simulation. Too much complexity and the game will stop being fun and become even more work than it already is.

I think there should be a kind of stamina system but not a true stamina system. Something that doesn't keep you from running long distances but does effect your aim after running any distance. You can try sprinting 3-5m and you will have your heart rate up and breathing would be more intense. So the higher your heart rate and breathing the more sway you should have.

They should just do away with the "hold breath" mechanic. It's unrealistic. It would be better if you could have "controlled breathing" instead.

Also, as you said, there is a big problem with leaning. Leaning currently, for some reason, improves accuracy when it should actually make it more difficult to aim and control recoil. Increase vertical and horizontal recoil while leaning, also, with higher caliber weapons have some push back on the leaning player.

They should add momentum to the weapons when aiming. You should really be trying to control your weapon and not just flick the mouse as fast as you can and try to get the pixel on the other pixel.

I think all of these changes would improve the game and make the gun fights more skill based.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotABot said:

You have some good ideas but some things are just too much. Like realigning iron sights. We want to have a balance between the "arcade" shooter and the simulation. Too much complexity and the game will stop being fun and become even more work than it already is.

That should be required by the snipers. Sniping is not easy that you just put crosshair on target and press trigger. It should be a sign of skill to get a headshot with any sniper rifle or with any weapon for long ranges. 

Now it is just "swing mouse there and click". 

It would be already enough to require automatic alignment by holding breath for couple seconds when aiming through sights first time when swapping guns etc.

I think there should be a kind of stamina system but not a true stamina system. Something that doesn't keep you from running long distances but does effect your aim after running any distance. You can try sprinting 3-5m and you will have your heart rate up and breathing would be more intense. So the higher your heart rate and breathing the more sway you should have.

The heart rate is more of "injured" than other. And it is already known that players dislike audio signaling or some number somewhere like heart rate.

The crosshair is the easiest thing to do, it symbolize you the expected accuracy by extending and subtracting in size. As it was suggested to remove the cross and add just the circle, it would make the "hip shooting" far more suitable, while I would prefer more about then the dynamic crosshair that would swing around the screen more so you need to try to keep it on center of target without any rings, more like in ARMA that if your crosshair is off to left, you need to bring it to right. Adding then sights to be used for accurate shooting where you need to fight against the weapon motion and alignment. 

There should be somekind stamina system that does penalize those who carry gear worth of three men in their backpacks and wests. Even two primary rifles should slow down things compared those who carry just one. It would add benefits for those who can fight with light loot and single light weapon by additional speed, dexterity and stamina compared to those who want to be one man army and does require more of the vehicles to move quickly around the map, avoid vaulting etc.

They should just do away with the "hold breath" mechanic. It's unrealistic. It would be better if you could have "controlled breathing" instead.

At least they try to add one element to the shooters for long range, but it ain't good enough.... 

Also, as you said, there is a big problem with leaning. Leaning currently, for some reason, improves accuracy when it should actually make it more difficult to aim and control recoil. Increase vertical and horizontal recoil while leaning, also, with higher caliber weapons have some push back on the leaning player.

And they should as well make the bullet trajectory correct. Now it still drops down from the center of the sight. Like if you lean to the right and crosshair is now 30 degree angle to right, the bullet drops vertically in the line where reticle is. While it now should not be zeroed anymore and fly to far right as your barrel is pointing 30 degrees to right + zeroed angle. So you are actually shooting shorter and a lot to the right. 

That alone would make the long range leaning shooting far more difficult as you couldn't get zeroed nor aligned shots. 

They should add momentum to the weapons when aiming. You should really be trying to control your weapon and not just flick the mouse as fast as you can and try to get the pixel on the other pixel.

I think all of these changes would improve the game and make the gun fights more skill based.

Exactly, requiring more control for smoother, relaxed mouse movements, waiting the delay to get the recoils and gun momentums to stop or be minimal should make it far more effective shooter. Now it is exactly the opposite for those who ever is faster to click the button and faster to swing mouse around is the winner. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, checkmate007 said:

This is why Devs should not listen to the people because of so many post that make no sense whatsoever If you are so bad you can not come out from a rock and hit a headshot that you say it is almost impossible you should not be playing.

Edited by henji

Posted (edited)

I'd be perfectly on board with stamina having more of a role in the game. 

Sprinting & Jumping reduce stamina.

When stamina is at zero, you can continue sprinting & jumping as now so as to not harm movement. 

When stamina is low you face the following:

• Increased sway
  • Increased unsighted cone
  • Shortened breath holding time

Effects end when stamina is recovered.

Also leaning should increase recoil and sway.

Other than that, shooting mechanics are fine.

Edited by Whiplash27
  • Like 2

Just now, henji said:

This is why Devs should not listen to the masses.

how about helpful suggestions or a constructive comment?

Your comment is why Devs should not allow everyone on this forum.

Just now, checkmate007 said:

how about helpful suggestions or a constructive comment?

Your comment is why Devs should not allow everyone on this forum.

You said it is almost impossible to come out and headshot someone. 

Also i edited the comment but of course you quote it are you living on the forums or what lol.  

Like i said you should not be playing if you think it is impossible to aim and shoot and hit the head. It sounds idiotic. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

The heart rate is more of "injured" than other. And it is already known that players dislike audio signaling or some number somewhere like heart rate.

There should be somekind stamina system that does penalize those who carry gear worth of three men..

And they should as well make the bullet trajectory correct. 

I think you misunderstand me when I say heart rate. I don't mean add a meter somewhere. I mean that heart rate effects accuracy and this could be show visually with weapon sway. Every heart beat there could be a small jitter in the crosshairs. This means that you would have to time your shot. Also, controlled breathing over holding breath. Every chest rise/fall would effect where and how your weapon sways.

Also, stamina doesn't need to be a metered thing either. It can be shown by increased weapon sway. I do like the idea of different movement speeds for different weights. I think it should, also, effect how quick you can get up from crouched and prone positions but shouldn't effect how fast you get down into those positions as going down should be the same speed for everyone.

I agree, something needs to be done about the bullet trajectory when leaning. The zeroing would have no effect on distance if the weapon is tilted at an angle.

I can agree with most of your post. I just wanted to clarify what I meant.

This is what I mean with stamina visual effects

I'd be perfectly on board with stamina having more of a role in the game. 

Sprinting & Jumping reduce stamina.

When stamina is at zero, you can continue sprinting & jumping as now so as to not harm movement. 

When stamina is low you face the following:

• Increased sway
  • Increased unsighted cone
  • Shortened breath holding time

Effects end when stamina is recovered.

Also leaning should increase recoil and sway.

Other than that, shooting mechanics are fine.

Edited by NotABot
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, henji said:

Also i edited the comment but of course you quote it are you living on the forums or what lol.  

Like i said you should not be playing if you think it is impossible to aim and shoot and hit the head. It sounds idiotic. 

He said it was too easy. Most people here agree that it is too easy.

8 minutes ago, henji said:

Thank you for adding NOTHING to this conversation

14 hours ago, jonboiwaltune said:

But this game mechanic sets up for hackers. 

5 minutes ago, NotABot said:

I think you misunderstand me when I say heart rate. I don't mean add a meter somewhere. I mean that heart rate effects accuracy and this could be show visually with weapon sway. Every heart beat there could be a small jitter in the crosshairs. This means that you would have to time your shot. Also, controlled breathing over holding breath. Every chest rise/fall would effect where and how your weapon sways.

Making it just visually via weapon sway etc would be the way to go IMHO. But showing the heart rate as the crosshair "blinking" would be little too distracting. Th holding breath is the common way to get the "controlled breathing" as already the weapon swaying is simulating the breathing. 

Also, stamina doesn't need to be a metered thing either. It can be shown by increased weapon sway. I do like the idea of different movement speeds for different weights. I think it should, also, effect how quick you can get up from crouched and prone positions but shouldn't effect how fast you get down into those positions as going down should be the same speed for everyone.

Yes the lighter you are, faster you get up. Faster you are to vault, recover from jumps etc. The heavier you are, slower you are to raise, recover from jumps, stop sprinting (stop the momentum) etc. But as well it should affect for the going down, as you have more weight so crouching and proning should mean that while you get as fast, your capability to raise weapon for aiming is slower. So you can get quickly in cover of rock etc, but you can't so easily just drop on crouched position to shoot few rounds. 

I agree, something needs to be done about the bullet trajectory when leaning. The zeroing would have no effect on distance if the weapon is tilted at an angle.

Partially the zeroing should affect, but more affect would be from the caliber. Like zerioing a rifle for 100m means the bullet doesn't travel at all past the aiming line, so for leaning it would have little effect. But for a longer ranges when you need to zero drop, the bullet travels past the aiming line at closer range and so on it goes far further to the side.

It would change the mechanics that leaning really affects even more for longer range shooting than for closer range shooting. So you are not there leaning behind cover in 100+ meter engagements as you are way too inaccurate, but leaning would anyways increase recoil and swaying, so you don't want to use it for +20m or even +10m aimed shootings, so it would be more of a hip fire thing. Meaning you must come exposing yourself for long range shooting, get to the position and land the shots. Snipers wouldn't like to stay up much while being visible as someone might just get a shot to them without them noticing, as without prepared shooting position snipers would need to reveal themselves anyways before the shot and be again visible to someone. 

I can agree with most of your post. I just wanted to clarify what I meant.

This is what I mean with stamina visual effects

Yeah, more 3D modeling visuals so weapon really swinging around and revealing the point how much aim is off etc. The crosshair could very well be moved a lot more around the screen than just the current 1-2cm diameter circle. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

Making it just visually via weapon sway etc would be the way to go IMHO. But showing the heart rate as the crosshair "blinking" would be little too distracting.

By jitter I mean a little vibration effect on the sway, like a small amount of extra horizontal movement.

7 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

Yes the lighter you are, faster you get up. Faster you are to vault, recover from jumps etc. The heavier you are, slower you are to raise, recover from jumps, stop sprinting (stop the momentum) etc. But as well it should affect for the going down, as you have more weight so crouching and proning should mean that while you get as fast, your capability to raise weapon for aiming is slower. So you can get quickly in cover of rock etc, but you can't so easily just drop on crouched position to shoot few rounds. 

Yes, exactly. I just don't think weight should effect your movement speed downward to crouch or go prone because these are effects of gravity and gravity has a constant rate on all falling objects regardless of weight. So no matter how heavy you are you cannot fall faster than any other object (sans air resistance.)

Edited by NotABot

I also think that if you get hit while aiming it should throw off your zeroing and restart your weapon sway. How many times have you been in a fight and hit a someone, only to have them hit you in the head a second later.