Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cajko7

Grenade spam is real

Hi,

I would like to say that having more than one grenade is broken. Here is why:

1. One already does an insane amount of damage.

2. They require 0 skill, there is literally an aiming system put in place to allow players to nearly always throw perfectly.

3. They are silent, I rarely ever see or hear a grenade flying towards me, I hear it when it lands though and than I am already dead, they are too small and I understand that in real life they are also small, but in my opinion it's hurting the game.

4. Grenades are very common loot, so getting to that point of having more than one grenade is very easy.

The grenade line of sight blow balls though.  

They're pretty hard to spot too which is pretty annoying in itself. 

1 hour ago, cajko7 said:

One already does an insane amount of damage.

Like it should, even in real life, try it.

1 hour ago, cajko7 said:

They require 0 skill

Not true. 

1 hour ago, cajko7 said:

They are silent

What would you like to hear, the sound of helicopter? Also, try in real life. 

1 hour ago, cajko7 said:

Grenades are very common loot, so getting to that point of having more than one grenade is very easy.

Irrelevant.

1 hour ago, cajko7 said:

Hi,

2. They require 0 skill, there is literally an aiming system put in place to allow players to nearly always throw perfectly.

3. They are silent, I rarely ever see or hear a grenade flying towards me, I hear it when it lands though and than I am already dead, they are too small and I understand that in real life they are also small, but in my opinion it's hurting the game.

4. Grenades are very common loot, so getting to that point of having more than one grenade is very easy.

So throwing perfectly timed grenade through the window beyond the helping line requires no skill?

I always save mine to cheese the last several circles...very cheap imo. Grenades regularly are fine but when youre stuck in a 5x10 then it becomes a bit ridiculous.

# Remove the projected path system. I don't needed it. I play Battlefield. I can bounce a nade off a window sill to access almost any area in a building. No skill needed indeed. Pffffftttttt.

# I'm at a massive disadvantage when cooking and throwing the grenade.

# Grenades have a max throwing distance. If you're unaware of someone that close, that's on you.

# Hide in a 5x10...Die in a 5x10.

1 hour ago, Rev0verDrive said:

# Remove the projected path system. I don't needed it. I play Battlefield. I can bounce a nade off a window sill to access almost any area in a building. No skill needed indeed. Pffffftttttt.

# I'm at a massive disadvantage when cooking and throwing the grenade.

# Grenades have a max throwing distance. If you're unaware of someone that close, that's on you.

# Hide in a 5x10...Die in a 5x10.

L0L sooo true!

Sounds like someone got killed by a 'nade.

Fact is they are hard to get right unless you practice, they are not silent. Every time a 'nade lands nearby, the whole team within range screams "GRENADE" over my headphones.
A whole squad with 3 or 4 grenades in the final circle is deadly, I'll agree. But it's a great tactic.

3 hours ago, cajko7 said:

Hi,

Hello

I would like to take a crack at this:

1. Its supposed to do damage, otherwise what's the point of a nade? I don't know a game where nades are not deadly.

2. 0 skill? If that's true why are you complaining about them and not using them like the master you think everyone is? Even with the aiming line I can barely land one correctly.

3. Yes, they are silent, you throw them, you don't shoot them. Not sure what kind of noise you want them to make when in the air, that would be anything but realistic.

4. They may be common but its not like people are running around with 20 of them. I grab up to 6 before my bag can handle anymore thanks to other items and I rarely use all 6 but its hard not to pick them up.

I have to admit this is a rare complaint to have about a weapon in a game. You are basically complaining about everything a nade is supposed to be while ignoring the necessity of nades in a game like this and that trying to limit a single item like a nade can damage the way the game is designed considering there is already a limitation system in the game based on the amount of space the item takes up in the bag and the nade I believe is the highest of all throwables. Oh and when I say the necessity I am talking about when you are fighting a team inside a building and need to flush them out otherwise storming in can get you killed easy or when they are hiding behind objects and have a better line of sight on you nades come in really handy to force them to move or to retreat allowing you a better chance to confront them or take them out. And only having one nade and you fail to use it properly, regardless if the skill level is 0 to use it or not, its no fun when you desperately need one for the reasons I gave before but you can only carry one because someone thought they were too overpowered and should be limited.

But that's just my opinion.

I got 4 beautiful nade kills last night in a round. They weren't your normal "eww I hear something let me toss a nade" kills. These were 3 point from the half NBA buzzer ringing tosses. God I wish I had recorded that round.

Twas you on the receiving end? I wonder....?

3 hours ago, cajko7 said:

They require 0 skill,

LOL... I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing!

In the begin the grenades simply were "throw the player at X direction at X speed" and the "falling damage" made the damage. 

Then they increased the effect and you could see more people to be thrown out from the covers but not so much damage so they could survive from it. 

And finally we are here, no throwing effect so you don't get pushed around, but you receive the damage directly depending the distance of the grenade. 

At the begin the throw arc was visible to the end. So you could easily put grenade in through a window bars at maximal range. 

Then they cut the throw arc to one third, eventually ending to situation as now that when you throw close enough you get the landing dot, otherwise the arc just ends in middle of the path. 

The grenade has always made sound. You can hear when someone prepares one or throws one as the spoon gets ejected, then you can hear the grenade landing and finally hear its exploding. But you can as well see the grenades being thrown and flying middle of the air. 

Be happy that the frag grenade ain't realistic in the game, as in reality the timer is typically just 2.5 seconds, like with the flashbang now. You don't "cook" the grenades as you would kill yourself by accident instead and give enemy change to get in cover or throw it back. It is too challenging in reality to estimate the time before grenade blows when you would be under fire or anyways preparing to surprise someone. Why it is just easier to throw and let the grenade own timer do its job. It is the movie effect that people think that there is like 10 second timer that you can run and grab the grenade and throw it back or kick it back.

http://www.military.com/video/ammunition-and-explosives/grenades/10-grenade-fails/3922516139001

The last thing you want is a ticking grenade in your palm, as if someone shoots at you, scares you or you slip or what ever, that grenade will go off at you. You pull the pin out just before a throw and you throw it without any "cooking".

4 hours ago, cajko7 said:

They require skill to throw perfectly on your opponent, and to time it right too, and yes i think they are very common but a lot of people dont use them properly anyway

At least there's ony thing i agree with the owner of this topic.. There's a lot of grenadas, sometimes i get myself with a high number, like 7 for example, even knowing i'm probably not going to use all.. 

Maybe it should spawn less, like the SLR? idk.

8 minutes ago, Silmarillis said:

They require skill to throw perfectly on your opponent, and to time it right too, and yes i think they are very common but a lot of people dont use them properly anyway

You don't need to throw perfectly to kill someone.

Just now, cajko7 said:

You don't need to throw perfectly to kill someone.

What game are you playing? Cause it sure isn't PUBG.

3 hours ago, Imho said:

Like it should, even in real life, try it.

Not true. 

What would you like to hear, the sound of helicopter? Also, try in real life. 

Irrelevant.

Good thing this is not a real life but a video game so developers can change and adjust things to make this game more fun....

5 minutes ago, Vladplaya said:

Good thing this is not a real life but a video game so developers can change and adjust things to make this game more fun....

Yeah they can add crutches and other crap to help those incapable of adapting/learning to the point where we just spawn and the last one to leave wins. YAY the fun.

1 hour ago, Fri13 said:

In the begin the grenades simply were "throw the player at X direction at X speed" and the "falling damage" made the damage. 

Then they increased the effect and you could see more people to be thrown out from the covers but not so much damage so they could survive from it.

lol I almost miss the old nades, I won a round where  I tossed a nade to finish off the last guys team mate or get him while he rezzed,  I did finish the team mate and the other guy had been rezzing and started to run, the nade didnt kill him, it knocked him about 10 feet backwards .. off a cliff that was 9 feet away ? and he died from falling ..

3 hours ago, BraveStarrTG said:

Hello

I would like to take a crack at this:

1. Its supposed to do damage, otherwise what's the point of a nade? I don't know a game where nades are not deadly.

2. 0 skill? If that's true why are you complaining about them and not using them like the master you think everyone is? Even with the aiming line I can barely land one correctly.

3. Yes, they are silent, you throw them, you don't shoot them. Not sure what kind of noise you want them to make when in the air, that would be anything but realistic.

4. They may be common but its not like people are running around with 20 of them. I grab up to 6 before my bag can handle anymore thanks to other items and I rarely use all 6 but its hard not to pick them up.

I have to admit this is a rare complaint to have about a weapon in a game. You are basically complaining about everything a nade is supposed to be while ignoring the necessity of nades in a game like this and that trying to limit a single item like a nade can damage the way the game is designed considering there is already a limitation system in the game based on the amount of space the item takes up in the bag and the nade I believe is the highest of all throwables. Oh and when I say the necessity I am talking about when you are fighting a team inside a building and need to flush them out otherwise storming in can get you killed easy or when they are hiding behind objects and have a better line of sight on you nades come in really handy to force them to move or to retreat allowing you a better chance to confront them or take them out. And only having one nade and you fail to use it properly, regardless if the skill level is 0 to use it or not, its no fun when you desperately need one for the reasons I gave before but you can only carry one because someone thought they were too overpowered and should be limited.

But that's just my opinion.

If we are going for realism than devs should add bleeding for example.

In my opinion fun should always be above realism. Of course I am not saying that PUBG should become Fortnite, but spamming someone with 3-4 grenades is not fun, but is realistic.

6 is too much. They force the player out of position always which is why they exist, to counter campers, but when you have 6 and force a guy 6 times out of his position it makes the game not fun. I do not want grenades to make noise but just to be visible and I can confirm this because several times when I was behind cover in TPP I saw the enemy cook a grenade and then when he threw it became invisible in the air. And damage, I understand it's a grenade it does a lot of damage and that's realistic, but again it's not fun to play against, if it was just one though it would be okay, but when you spam 3 of those it becomes op. And 0 skill I will say that I was wrong. They do require skill.

4 hours ago, KKtrips said:

Sounds like someone got killed by a 'nade.

Fact is they are hard to get right unless you practice, they are not silent. Every time a 'nade lands nearby, the whole team within range screams "GRENADE" over my headphones.
A whole squad with 3 or 4 grenades in the final circle is deadly, I'll agree. But it's a great tactic.

I just want a limit of grenades a person can hold.

have you seen ho much they weigh .. carrying 6 grenades means you have to compromise some other part of your load out to accommodate this.  great to have in the end game, but its a chore to have to lug them about all game while managing your ammo and meds more carefully.

I don't think grenades are a problem.  I rarely die to them, mostly because the moment I hear the "tink" of one landing, I just step around a corner or behind a tree.  I still get killed occasionally, especially by players who take the time to "cook" them, but that's part of the game.  They take up a lot of inventory slots too, so it becomes a meta-strategy when deciding how many to carry, considering many players get shot before having a chance to use them.

Agree, fix problems with grenades, including:

1. Grenades can't kill teammates

2. Notify or show on the map when someone throws grenades

2 hours ago, cajko7 said:

If we are going for realism than devs should add bleeding for example.

In my opinion fun should always be above realism. Of course I am not saying that PUBG should become Fortnite, but spamming someone with 3-4 grenades is not fun, but is realistic.

6 is too much. They force the player out of position always which is why they exist, to counter campers, but when you have 6 and force a guy 6 times out of his position it makes the game not fun. I do not want grenades to make noise but just to be visible and I can confirm this because several times when I was behind cover in TPP I saw the enemy cook a grenade and then when he threw it became invisible in the air. And damage, I understand it's a grenade it does a lot of damage and that's realistic, but again it's not fun to play against, if it was just one though it would be okay, but when you spam 3 of those it becomes op. And 0 skill I will say that I was wrong. They do require skill.

Just so you know PUBg is meant to be realistic but realism can only go so far. Bleeding would be great but that would add to the lag on the servers while it tries to render moving blood for the sake of looking real. Considering we are talking about a game that can instantly cure you simply by taking pills expecting bleeding is asking too much because then the bleeding would have to disappear which would make it even less realistic. 

If you believe fun should be above realism then perhaps PUBg may not be the game for you because the realism is what makes it more fun. I don't play Fortnite but its not because the game sucks or because the building part is too hard, I just don't have a taste for cartoony games and Fortnite is anything but realistic which is why I am not interested. Same reason I preferred Call Of Duty over games like Splatoon, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare and even Overwatch. Sure, some elements of certain COD games were not realistic such as wall running but they made it look real and possible which is why I liked it.

Also I am not sure how often this has happened to you (3-4 nades spam) but I rarely experience a barrage of nades in any game. 2 on average, sometimes 3 and there is still a delay in throwing each one which puts the thrower at a disadvantage. From my experience players don't wanna waste all their nades on a single player and would rather not use them all at once just for a kill. And I am confused as to your statement where you contradicted yourself in the same sentence "I do not want grenades to make noise but just to be visible and I can confirm this because several times when I was behind cover in TPP I saw the enemy cook a grenade and then when he threw it became invisible in the air", you want them visible but you can confirm they are already? I mean, if you are referring to FPP to be able to see it you can but FPP is meant to be harder to see anything. TPP is easy and ironically not realistic at all which I guess I can see why you play it. I have nothing against TPP I just prefer FPP because its more fun to play in a more realistic view. TPP is good for making YT videos where you troll people. lol

I understand what you mean by it not being fun but to be honest, with the exception of Sanhok which the loot rate is amazing no matter where you land, I could say landing hot or slightly hot and dying within the first 30 seconds of a game because I couldn't find anything better than a handgun or a melee against a player who was able to get at a minimum a shotgun or an AR I would consider not fun at all. But that is the game's current state. I only wished Bluehole would apply the same logic on Miramar and Erangel that they did with Sanhok when they decided to up the loot rate because I don't understand why its ok to spend less time looting on a small map so that you can get into more leveled gunfights instantly but on Miramar and Erangel their mentality is "if all you get is a shotgun and a crossbow after looting for 5 minutes an entire town all by yourself then it sucks to be you" or "if you can't find a decent weapon quickly when hot dropping then it sucks to be you" because on Sanhok even hot dropping you have a great chance of finding a decent gun to defend yourself and the only thing that tends to be a negative when hot dropping on Sanhok is how fast you can land and/or how fast can you pick up and reload the gun as opposed to dying weaponless and running for your life.