Sign in to follow this  
mindpurge

Custom matches 'won't have an associated cost' during beta, may charge in future

So here we go... custom games, what we've been asking for.

But Bluehole has pretty much figured out another cash-milking method. Charge the players that bought the game, to play the game. Charge them for crates, charge them for progression, charge them for custom matches. What's next? This isn't a complex AAA game, the graphics are comparable to games that are 10 years old. This isn't next-gen shit we're talking about. It's a basic shooter game, with basic functionality, basic bullet physics and low-grade graphics, even on Ultra.

Why is it that virtually any other multiplayer shooter simply allows you to create a custom game, invite a few friends and play, for no extra charge? I can understand if this was a massive persistent world that required server hosting (Ark, Miscreated, 7 days to die, etc)... but it's not, not even close.

I could even understand if you were server hosting a permanent custom game server. This is obvious.

Am I seriously going to need to pay for this? Why on earth would you think it's a fantastic idea (other than greed) to charge for a basic functionality that almost any other multiplayer deathmatch/battle royale game does for free?

It's going to cost because your not going to be hosting it. It's going to run on an actual server. Servers cost money the last time I checked.

i think they make a lot of money on skins/clothes/event pass and now soon the custom servers as well.

but until someone is gonna have access to their accounting, it will be hard to tell if this is a money grabbing greed scam or if this is necessary for all the expences they make.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mindpurge said:

So here we go... custom games, what we've been asking for.

But Bluehole has pretty much figured out another cash-milking method. Charge the players that bought the game, to play the game.

No point reading past this really, you started off with an outright fallacy

THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT TO PAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE TO PLAY THE ENTIRETY OF THIS GAME.

All games ? what like CSGO .. that you go to an external company and rent a server for your community from.  or are you wanting to run the server on your PC while you are also a player on that server ? so that you get 0 ping and everyone else gets ... whatever your internet connection can handle divided by 100 ....

Custom servers in all games have ALWAYS cost money, used to be not from the developer but from a third party.  I have personally paid for custom server sfrom CS 1.6, CSS and CSGO in the past when part of communities for those games.

I was expecting that this woudl be the same way, you woudl go to a game server provider and say I want a pubg server for x months and they give you remote access to a virtual server for hosting the game on.  I was very surprised to see that when you create a custom game that it gets created on servers paid for by bluehole.

Edited by DeadlyEggXoP
  • Like 1