Thread

Partly Reverting Recoil Changes for Most SMG.

SMG are Overbuffed  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Partly Revert SMG Recoil Cahnges (Except for Tompson (Tommygun))?

I think best to Partly Revert Recoil Changes for Most SMG (except for Thompson Gun)

The changes was made to improve reasons to use SMG, but after reviewing the SMG (new recoil changes)  it looks they reduced the Recoil way too much...its now time say something about it.

Simply says most SMG were over buffed especially Vector.

The issue with the vector is just the design. Its DPS is waaaaaaay higher than anything else in close range and it's balanced by the fact that it's nearly useless in mid-long distance. So if you happened to get into a CQC with a vector, you're going to lose and that's the end of that. If you're against a shotgun, you have a chance by dodging, but you can't really dodge a fully automatic gun.

AKM dominates the SCAR in close range, but you can still win with the SCAR. But try using any AR against a vector close range, you won't even get close to killing them. If you die in PUBG, almost every situation you can be like, "I could've done this or that to play it better." But if you died to a vector, it's mostly just "I got vector'd." No way of winning a close range fight against Vector

I'm still not sure if Vector is a good design or not. It's just such an outlier. For example, you can win a sniping battle with an AR (albeit you're at a disadvantage) against a DMR. You can beat a Kar98/M24 with a DMR and vice versa. You can beat a shotgun with a SMG/AR/etc close range. You can't beat a vector close range, but if you use vector past a certain range, you can't win either. It's the only gun that makes you win/lose based on the gun regardless of skill in most cases

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FreakoFreako said:

The issue with the vector is just the design. Its DPS is waaaaaaay higher than anything else in close range and it's balanced by the fact that it's nearly useless in mid-long distance. So if you happened to get into a CQC with a vector, you're going to lose and that's the end of that. If you're against a shotgun, you have a chance by dodging, but you can't really dodge a fully automatic gun.

AKM dominates the SCAR in close range, but you can still win with the SCAR. But try using any AR against a vector close range, you won't even get close to killing them. If you die in PUBG, almost every situation you can be like, "I could've done this or that to play it better." But if you died to a vector, it's mostly just "I got vector'd." No way of winning a close range fight against Vector

I'm still not sure if Vector is a good design or not. It's just such an outlier. For example, you can win a sniping battle with an AR (albeit you're at a disadvantage) against a DMR. You can beat a Kar98/M24 with a DMR and vice versa. You can beat a shotgun with a SMG/AR/etc close range. You can't beat a vector close range, but if you use vector past a certain range, you can't win either. It's the only gun that makes you win/lose based on the gun regardless of skill in most cases

It almost like no recoil with Vector while doing moving mouse shoot....thanks to overbuffed Recoil change, it be good if they revert recoil change partly for SMG (UMp45 and Vector that way it be well balanced SMG) + adding more guns mods.

Edited by Thread

vector hardly changed with the weapon balancing patch, if its so good then why don't you always use one, you have space for two guns ...  bottom line is that most people who claim things like this cant in fact aim well enough and they are out of bullets before they get the crosshair / red dot or whatever on the target.  The vector is strong if you can aim.  it works fine up to 100 meters but can be owned by a AK with better aim or a shotgun.

The SMGs are pretty easy to use but anyone can pick them up , a better aimer will beat your ump spray down with accurate shots to the head with an AR.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 7:04 PM, DeadlyEggXoP said:

vector hardly changed with the weapon balancing patch, if its so good then why don't you always use one, you have space for two guns ...  bottom line is that most people who claim things like this cant in fact aim well enough and they are out of bullets before they get the crosshair / red dot or whatever on the target.  The vector is strong if you can aim.  it works fine up to 100 meters but can be owned by a AK with better aim or a shotgun.

The SMGs are pretty easy to use but anyone can pick them up , a better aimer will beat your ump spray down with accurate shots to the head with an AR.

These guns almost no go recoil they cant have that in game.

16 minutes ago, Thread said:

These guns almost no go recoil they cant have that in game.

They're effective over short and short-medium distances and useless above that, you can absolutely have them in the game.

Pro-tip - You can use SMG's too, so take one. I always have either a rifle or DMR and an SMG for close encounters. Will improve your chance of surviving CQC by a good way.

It's much better when the old days when Rifles were both long range and SMG's. Made no sense.

On 7/19/2018 at 12:55 PM, FreakoFreako said:

If you die in PUBG, almost every situation you can be like, "I could've done this or that to play it better." But if you died to a vector, it's mostly just "I got vector'd." 

Yes lol! but to me seems like there are more people running UMP, so vector doesn’t really bother me and I use it often because had to admit it is overpowered.

On 7/19/2018 at 3:42 AM, Thread said:

Simply says most SMG were over buffed especially Vector.

Decking it is hard. Bullet velocity is very low also horrible at long range. Beside it has so much fire rate that causes controlling it a little bit tricky. When you shoot it magazine become empty in a second. If you fail to kill your target you will be dead.

About UMP you don't know probably spray pattern of UMP. It is so close to ARs. But it has a slow rate of fire that causes it feels so accurate. Every AR has better DPS than UMP actually every automatic weapon has better than UMP about DPS. 

At the end those weapons are strong in cqc and it has to be. If you think something they are op just remember the old M416 or old mini 14 . They were a god at close mid and long range. SMGs are good only in close range and that won't make them op.

I'm perfectly fine with SMG as they are now. 

UMP9 is more forgiving due to its large magazine, Vector is the king of CQC if you can aim well and don't waste bullets. So UMP is more suitable for suppressing and cover firing, Vector is "only" a killing machine.

Past 50m both start to show their weakness so it's fine.

Recoil on SMGs is realistic. They fire smaller rounds at lower velocity. It's the RNG spread on ARs that's messed up, and gives SMGs such an advantage at close range.