Chili Palmer

Best headset for PUBG

Wondering what headsets every is using while playing?¬†I am looking to buy a good headset as I'm currently using Samsung earphones plugged straight into my controller and is not the best for pinpointing footsteps, gunfire, etc¬†¬†ūü§ģūü§ģ¬†Wouldn't want to spend more than $300. Thanks!!

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with Turtlebeach elite pro headset.

Few of my friends bought it and they say it's worth the price.

Check on turtlebeach website they have a few specials currently.

I'd steer away from afterglow headsets.

• Like 3
  • RIP 1

Had the turtle Beach bla bla you just said it's good besides all the controls on the side gets bumped to easy no way to lock your settings in and the ear muffs snapped off twice on me! Currently have astro 50 wireless live them like wearing a cloud on your head!

Anyone has an idea if the steelseries arctis pro + gamedac works flawlessly on the Xbox One ?? Or does it lack some of the features that the headset comes with ?

I currently use a Plantronics Rig 800LX - $149.99

This headset is light, comfortable, and sounds great. It is compatible with Dolby Atmos for other games and movies that support it, and even comes with a code to download Atmos for free.

The ability to mute your mic by simply flipping up the boom is awesome and much better than a button in my opinion, and the Chat vs Game Audio mixer having a built-in slider on the left side is such a nice feature to have if your buddies are getting loud and you are trying to hear footsteps. The battery life is amazing, and even if the battery gets low, it uses the same micro USB as your Xbox controller so you can plug it in and continue to play with no problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think a wireless one would be best. I got a wired one and the cable does get in the way sometimes.

Mic -- https://amzn.to/2uO1weZ

Headset -- https://amzn.to/2Aa34VI

Great video about this setup over a "gaming" headset -- https://bit.ly/2mJZo3r

• Thanks 1

I use the Platronics rig 400xl, as I prefer wired. Great headset for $100.

On ‚Äé7‚Äé/‚Äé24‚Äé/‚Äé2018 at 10:54 PM, BaRoN of LooT said:

Had the turtle Beach bla bla you just said it's good besides all the controls on the side gets bumped to easy no way to lock your settings in and the ear muffs snapped off twice on me! Currently have astro 50 wireless live them like wearing a cloud on your head!

Have had nearly a dozen pairs of Turtle Beach over the past decade or so and let me tell you, NONE of my TB headsets have fallen apart, broken or lost their comfort. 

Astros are like buying a Ferrari for your ears, but you're still getting your doors blown off by that kid with the Honda down the road...

• Like 2

I just got some a40's with the mixamp pro and i am loving them. They blow my Turtle Beach Stealth 600's away. Way better sound and way more comfortable 

On 7/25/2018 at 10:31 PM, Jigsaw said:

Have had nearly a dozen pairs of Turtle Beach over the past decade or so and let me tell you, NONE of my TB headsets have fallen apart, broken or lost their comfort. 

Astros are like buying a Ferrari for your ears, but you're still getting your doors blown off by that kid with the Honda down the road...

Personal preference is a big factor here! I too have own neer a dozen and I branched out. After doing so I personally think turtle beach's headsets are crap just like that beater Honda with a muffler! If you have 300 spend it all you won't be disappointed. As far as sound quality between the two, but if you want quality would you choose a Ferrari or a beat up honda. 

On 7/24/2018 at 11:54 PM, BaRoN of LooT said:

What  are you talking about?

Had the turtle Beach bla bla you just said it's good besides all the controls on the side gets bumped to easy no way to lock your settings in and the ear muffs snapped off twice on me

That's not true, I'm willing to bet 500$ that you bought a 80$ Turtlebeach headset from walmart at this point.  Maybe that's why your just splurring bullshit or either your just an Astro fanboy and don't know any better.

If those things you mentioned happened to you, well then you bought the cheapest fucking Turtlebeach headset on mother earth. earmuffs snapped on you twice? That doesn't mean shit, what did you do, step on them with your big ass feet? lol, I still have 2-3 different turtlebeach headsets from past consoles that just won't die and are still working like a charm, and I'm normally hard on my gear.

If the guy that made this thread wants a headset that..

-WORKS FLAWLESSLY,  

-HAS GOOD DURABILITY( ie: the kind of durability that lasts for the next 10 fucking years)

-UNPARALLELED NOISE CANCELLING MICROPHONE ( friends in party chat won't hear background noise)

-AND FINALLY feels like a fucking cloud is sitting on your motherfucking head. Godlike memory foam earcups.

I know this is just about headsets and it's not the end of the world, but when I see a guy unqualified to advise someone and without a doubt starts splurring out bullshit in a thread where someone is trying to find some headset triggers me.

Get the Turtlebeach pro elite with the noise cancelling mic and there is no way you won't like them, comfortable and unparalleled sound and microphone quality for xbox. FINAL

• RIP 2

On 7/29/2018 at 1:35 AM, Gates said:

What  are you talking about?

That's not true, I'm willing to bet 500$ that you bought a 80$ Turtlebeach headset from walmart at this point.  Maybe that's why your just splurring bullshit or either your just an Astro fanboy and don't know any better.

If those things you mentioned happened to you, well then you bought the cheapest fucking Turtlebeach headset on mother earth. earmuffs snapped on you twice? That doesn't mean shit, what did you do, step on them with your big ass feet? lol, I still have 2-3 different turtlebeach headsets from past consoles that just won't die and are still working like a charm, and I'm normally hard on my gear.

If the guy that made this thread wants a headset that..

-WORKS FLAWLESSLY,  

-HAS GOOD DURABILITY( ie: the kind of durability that lasts for the next 10 fucking years)

-UNPARALLELED NOISE CANCELLING MICROPHONE ( friends in party chat won't hear background noise)

-AND FINALLY feels like a fucking cloud is sitting on your motherfucking head. Godlike memory foam earcups.

I know this is just about headsets and it's not the end of the world, but when I see a guy unqualified to advise someone and without a doubt starts splurring out bullshit in a thread where someone is trying to find some headset triggers me.

Get the Turtlebeach pro elite with the noise cancelling mic and there is no way you won't like them, comfortable and unparalleled sound and microphone quality for xbox. FINAL

I'll take  that 500. Cash or check? I prefer cash! The last two that broke on me we're the elite 800x. Totally wireless great headset besides the buttons on the side that get bumped to easily.  The 800's are the one that snapped twice on me same place. I spend 300 a pair so I'm not hard on my things because I want them to last! You sound heated kid take a zanex! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BaRoN of LooT said:

I'll take  that 500. Cash or check? I prefer cash! The last two that broke on me we're the elite 800x. Totally wireless great headset besides the buttons on the side that get bumped to easily.  The 800's are the one that snapped twice on me same place. I spend 300 a pair so I'm not hard on my things because I want them to last! You sound heated kid take a zanex! 

the fuck is a zanex?

• RIP 2

On 7/25/2018 at 4:27 AM, Gates said:

You can't go wrong with Turtlebeach elite pro headset.

Few of my friends bought it and they say it's worth the price.

Check on turtlebeach website they have a few specials currently.

I'd steer away from afterglow headsets.

My Turtlebeach Elite Pro with Tac Controller don't feels like a real dolby surround headset....... but after 4 months I think the system is the problem...

nothing works really god on xbox... the elite pro is much to expensive. get a mid class pc/xbox  5.1headset... 

12 years ago with¬†my 80‚ā¨ 5.1 headset ¬†on pc performs 50% better then this 270‚ā¨ turtleback bull***t.

this was the third... and for sure the lasst turtle beach.....

theres really not much difference to the hyperx cloud2 with virtual dolby 7.1 ^^

and yes..... I also already paid for the dolby atmos headset app (without you can't get real xDxDxD dolby output)

I'vw still got my old Astro A40's from like 2010. still going strong couldnt recommend anything else really.  

Posted (edited)

Iv got the astro a50's. 

Bit pricey but needed to go for the most comfortable set I could find as I'm not really a fan of stereo headsets. 

Well impressed with the quality of the headset. 

Cradle is shit though.. :(

Edited by Superf1y mk2

On 7/29/2018 at 8:35 AM, Gates said:

If those things you mentioned happened to you, well then you bought the cheapest fucking Turtlebeach headset on mother earth. earmuffs snapped on you twice?

I've had three Turtle Beach Xo  Seven pros, not most expensive but still £80 each. All three had same fault, the plastic above the ear piece starts cracking until it snaps and is hanging on by a wire.

In that particular headset it is a big problem. After spending £160 on broken headsets (one I got replaced for free, so was £240 worth) I just gave up and got something else.

i had the Astro A40 and now A50 great sound quality for both, before these i had turtle beach (don't remember wich one but priced around 100-120‚ā¨) not bad bad sound quality was way worse than astro.

7 hours ago, Clown Syndr0me said:

I use Astro A50 gen3s.

Reallt dont have a bad word to say about them, just pricey.

wich preset do u use on pubg?