Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
d2wi

Map Markers in PC 1.0 Update #19

Recommended Posts

I hope that you will consider not going live with the map markers that are visible in-world to all teammates. One of the things that makes PUBG fun and challenging is spotting enemies at range. This change really weakens that part of the game. Squinting at the rocks and trees in the direction that your teammate told you to look, trying to spot the guy peeking, is fun. Spinning to a holographic marker and shooting at it, I'm afraid, is not. I am nowhere near a hardcore player of this game, so I don't come at this from an elitist/anti-noob point of view. I just think that the change doesn't fit the spirit of the game which makes it so popular.

 

Maybe a compromise is to use the ALT+click mechanic to place a marker which, for teammates, only appears on the map and on the compass, as usual. It's an improvement on having to pull up the map to mark the enemy, which takes you out of the fight for a long time. And while it would make it easy to get a mark in the right spot, the team would still have to use the compass and communication to narrow in on the enemy's exact location. From a realism perspective, it's basically like pointing on the battlefield -- it gets you pointed in the right direction, but then you have to talk.

 

Thank you for considering our feedback on this. It's a cool new feature, but it doesn't seem to fit in PUBG. I think it will hurt the game and I hope you won't go live with it in an otherwise awesome update.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another compromise is to have a cooldown on how often you can mark, so people can't spam let's say every 5 seconds. And the mark only shows up for everyone for 1-2 seconds max. People will still have to call a direction but it wouldn't be overpowered.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yea, I think adding 3D map markers/pings reduces the skill ceiling dramatically

Fluid communication and ability to spot enemies is a major skill in PUBG and is almost useless with the addition of pings.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 10:49 PM, d2wi said:

I hope that you will consider not going live with the map markers that are visible in-world to all teammates. One of the things that makes PUBG fun and challenging is spotting enemies at range. This change really weakens that part of the game. Squinting at the rocks and trees in the direction that your teammate told you to look, trying to spot the guy peeking, is fun. Spinning to a holographic marker and shooting at it, I'm afraid, is not. I am nowhere near a hardcore player of this game, so I don't come at this from an elitist/anti-noob point of view. I just think that the change doesn't fit the spirit of the game which makes it so popular.

 

Maybe a compromise is to use the ALT+click mechanic to place a marker which, for teammates, only appears on the map and on the compass, as usual. It's an improvement on having to pull up the map to mark the enemy, which takes you out of the fight for a long time. And while it would make it easy to get a mark in the right spot, the team would still have to use the compass and communication to narrow in on the enemy's exact location. From a realism perspective, it's basically like pointing on the battlefield -- it gets you pointed in the right direction, but then you have to talk.

 

Thank you for considering our feedback on this. It's a cool new feature, but it doesn't seem to fit in PUBG. I think it will hurt the game and I hope you won't go live with it in an otherwise awesome update.

 

Its brilliant - as you are an expert don't use it

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The 3D part mechanic does not belong in PUBG. I would say either remove it completely or have it make the map and compass. OR only put the mechanic in TPP since that is the more noob friendly perspective of the game.

I have over 2000 hours in the game and I spent a lot of time working on improving my call outs. Your player bass is getting more experienced, you guys need to add mechanics that enhance the experience, not dumb it down. How is a player suppose to win a 1v4 now. One marker and 4 guns are shooting at you.

SO PLEASE REMOVE THE 3D MARKERS IT DOESN'T BELONG IN THIS GAME.

Edited by Noble_Monk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

NO, REMOVE IT ENTIRELY! Even if it´s only visible on the map it´s noob friendly trash. Like, let´s say you´re in Pochinki and someone shoots you from a house. Wow press one key and he is marked on the map for everyone without any mapknowledge. Just point at what you see and everyone has the information. Doesn´t matter if you don´t know where that house or hill is on the map or how fast you can find, mark and describe it. Why don´t you just remove the compass, map and team chat in the next update? Who needs that

Dear Devs, this is not Fortnite, remove the ping

 

(not considering all the abuses)

Edited by natznatz2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make it so it only shows up on the minmap. Also make sure you cant bind it to LMB so it pings evertime you shoot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bashfulwhale said:

 Yea, I think adding 3D map markers/pings reduces the skill ceiling dramatically

Fluid communication and ability to spot enemies is a major skill in PUBG and is almost useless with the addition of pings.

my thoughts exactly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ejziponken said:

Make it so it only shows up on the minmap. Also make sure you cant bind it to LMB so it pings evertime you shoot.

Easier said than done, people have mouse software and bluehole can't really regulate that efficiently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bashfulwhale said:

Easier said than done, people have mouse software and bluehole can't really regulate that efficiently.

I know, but right now you can do that bind in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ejziponken said:

I know, but right now you can do that bind in the game.

Yea, but it's pointless to block it in game when there are simple workarounds for people with more expensive mice. They should honestly just remove pings completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are really mad about the marking system, but you can still mark people. It's done all the time. Sure, it makes it easier, but all you have to do is open map real quick and mark it. This is done literally all the time. However, having the marker show up in the world, I'm not so sure about. It's odd, but I don't mind the marking, after 2000 plus hours and hundreds of wins.

 

If you're good, you're gonna be good. If you're bad, you're gonna be bad. lol

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, noofy said:

People are really mad about the marking system, but you can still mark people. It's done all the time. Sure, it makes it easier, but all you have to do is open map real quick and mark it. This is done literally all the time. However, having the marker show up in the world, I'm not so sure about. It's odd, but I don't mind the marking, after 2000 plus hours and hundreds of wins.

 

If you're good, you're gonna be good. If you're bad, you're gonna be bad. lol

yes, but you need skill do find, mark and describe a location super quick in a firefight. And your mates have to look at the map, know where that is ingame and find the player. Now every noob presses one button and instantly mark the enemy with pinpoint accuracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they will add this to live servers this gonna be worst thing ever happened in pubg.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think it's a great life-improvement change, especially for random matchmaker, which is undoubtedly the majority of the game. It's not like they are adding some advantage for a group of people here. Most people just play casual, not everyone got pay to play the game. You wanna communicate with your friend all the time, talking about your day, fine you can do that, literally any game is fun to play with a friend. But for the 1 million silent&lonely souls out there, without basic team-coop feature, duo and squad is just frustrating and pushing people away... 

 

Beside, if you play R6, you know, half the team your teammates don't give a fk about your ping + it can block the target. So if you have your call-out and good eye(or monitor). You will still do better, just maybe it makes farming clueless nabs less easy, which i take it's a good thing...Don't forget the reason why BR is popular is, in principle , you don't have to be great at shooter in general, everyone has a chance to win. So, you wanna make it pro, custom-match maybe, or simply don't use it... 

Edited by ashered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to add my voice to the thoughts of OP. The ping system showing for teammates in 3d is not good. I think alot of people will like being able to drop a mark without opening the map but it shouldn't be anything more than a bearing on the compass or mark on the map.

 

I personally have expressed to my squad mates that it would be great if I could drop a marker without having to open the map, but I do hate the idea that team mates could spam at a 3d marker in space and get a kill.

 

There is also a video circulating with a player pinging a crate as it's falling. This leaves the exact landing spot marked for the player/whole team. 

 

Please reconsider implementing the ping system as is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not want. Please reconsider.

 

On 8/2/2018 at 10:17 PM, Noble_Monk said:

The 3D part mechanic does not belong in PUBG. I would say either remove it completely or have it make the map and compass. OR only put the mechanic in TPP since that is the more noob friendly perspective of the game.

I have over 2000 hours in the game and I spent a lot of time working on improving my call outs. Your player bass is getting more experienced, you guys need to add mechanics that enhance the experience, not dumb it down. How is a player suppose to win a 1v4 now. One marker and 4 guns are shooting at you.

SO PLEASE REMOVE THE 3D MARKERS IT DOESN'T BELONG IN THIS GAME.

 

What do you mean TPP is the more noob friendly perspective? I mainly play FPP but TPP is the harder way to play PUBG. It lacks the tactics and predictability of FPP, which makes it harder to out-play your enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't find a bad move, it can be better integrated in the future and it helps also in many cases like language barrier, quick information and helping new players.. I think the devs should introduce many options in the game and esports will make it's own rules like in csgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 2:43 AM, ashered said:

I think it's a great life-improvement change, especially for random matchmaker, which is undoubtedly the majority of the game

what makes you think that ? literally everyone I play with in this game is a non random team mate.  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×