Sign in to follow this  
blckadr1980

Help - how to use 6x and 3x scope

Posted (edited)

Hi guys I seem to have a problem with 3x and 6x scopes. Not sure if it's on all guns or not. But if I put a 2x or 4x on an m4 or sks my bullet hits where I am aiming. Using the others it just seems off. Now Im either using them wrong or the aim is off. Talking close range also not just 100m + Any ideas . Can someone post a graphic of the scope so I can do some testing. Cheers

Edited by blckadr1980
Spelling

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, blckadr1980 said:

Hi guys I seem to have a problem with 3x and 6x scopes. Not sure if it's on all guns or not. But if I put a 2x or 4x on an m4 or sks my bullet hits where I am aiming. Using the others it just seems off. Now Im either using them wrong or the aim is off. Talking close range also not just 100m + Any ideas . Can someone post a graphic of the scope so I can do some testing. Cheers

If zeroed at 100 Meters, you will generally hit low inside of 50 meters, and a bit high between 50-100 meters, at which point you will be dead on at 100. Beyond that, each hash or mil dot down the post of the scope should be an additional 100 meters.

Let me know if that makes sense to you, I'm trying to find the graphic that I have posted before.

Image result for line of sight vs bullet trajectory

This is a very crude drawing but it simplifies it. In the real world, your first zero would usually be 50 meters and your second would be 200 meters (5.56 round). It holds true in the game, so if you get a 6x, zero it at 200, and you'll be dead on at 50 meters and 200 meters, with only 2.5-3 inches of vertical difference anywhere in between.

Edited by xXEasterBunnyXx

No that makes sense I'm all good with that. On vss or 8x 4x etc it's just the new scopes they seem to be off for me. Like the 6x I think has a circle at the top but the bullet does not hit that point. It also seems like sometimes the bullet disappears after firing from an sks.  I look for ground impact but nothing like it was never fired. Will try some testing on buildings. I don't see a lot of complaints so may just be something I'm doing wrong but strange I have no issues with the other and the same guns. 

I have a very hard time with the 3x while trying to hit moving targets. The 4x and 6x are the best for me, imo. 

4 hours ago, blckadr1980 said:

No that makes sense I'm all good with that. On vss or 8x 4x etc it's just the new scopes they seem to be off for me. Like the 6x I think has a circle at the top but the bullet does not hit that point. It also seems like sometimes the bullet disappears after firing from an sks.  I look for ground impact but nothing like it was never fired. Will try some testing on buildings. I don't see a lot of complaints so may just be something I'm doing wrong but strange I have no issues with the other and the same guns. 

The circle on the 6X is more to help you frame your target quickly for faster follow up shots.