Rocket101

Why the new markers are great

I am half deaf and absolutely can't defrentiate where sound is coming from. This marker is a blessing in team situations, for me.

I would like the marker to dissapear after 2 seconds. It shouldn't stay on the screen. The map marker is the only item that should stay on the compass. Just my 2 copper 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotABot said:

Yeah, that's what I was doing... I even stated it... I don't really understand what you are going on about. The term itself isn't as relevant as the rest of the material presented.

You stated it because and after I was criticizing the fact that you misused it. You are knowingly using the word wrongly and then you want us/me to engage in a further discussion where you throw in the premise that you are right, because of that misused word. This is quite a psychological mind game I will not play in; you built an arena I will not enter. I dont think a discussion with that premises will lead to something useful, so I will distance my self from it completely now.  

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, FalseLights said:

I am half deaf and absolutely can't defrentiate where sound is coming from. This marker is a blessing in team situations, for me.

I would like the marker to dissapear after 2 seconds. It shouldn't stay on the screen. The map marker is the only item that should stay on the compass. Just my 2 copper 

You might want to ask the PUBG support to get permission to use Sonic Radar without getting a ban. That's what I would do if I were you.

Edited by sightseeer

1 minute ago, sightseeer said:

You might want to ask the PUBG support to get permission to use Sonic Radar without getting a ban. That's what I would do if I were you.

I feel for him, but imagine how much of PUBG players would become deaf suddenly? :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sightseeer said:

You stated it because and after I was criticizing the fact that you misused it. You are knowingly using the word wrongly and then you want us/me to engage in a further discussion where you throw in the premise that you are right, because of that misused word. This is quite a psychological mind game I will not play in; you built an arena I will not enter. I dont think a discussion with that premises will lead to something useful, so I will distance my self from it completely now.  

I never edited my posts and every time "right" is in quotations. Just because you didn't understand the meaning for the quotations doesn't mean I later changed the meaning for them.

Regardless, you still haven't answered the question instead just attacked a term in which was correctly marked.

11 minutes ago, pankarezas_ said:

I feel for him, but imagine how much of PUBG players would become deaf suddenly? :D

He might be able to send them documents which proves it.

5 minutes ago, NotABot said:

I never edited my posts and every time "right" is in quotations. Just because you didn't understand the meaning for the quotations doesn't mean I later changed the meaning for them.

Regardless, you still haven't answered the question instead just attacked a term in which was correctly marked.

24 minutes ago, sightseeer said:

I was criticizing the fact that you misused it. You are knowingly using the word wrongly and then you want us/me to engage in a further discussion where you throw in the premise that you are right, because of that misused word. This is quite a psychological mind game I will not play in; you built an arena I will not enter. I dont think a discussion with that premises will lead to something useful, so I will distance my self from it completely now.  

Just now, sightseeer said:

He might be able to send them documents which proves it.

I might (and others too) do that in 15 minutes with corel draw ;) Just saying.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, sightseeer said:

In the end, is there a better term you would prefer? I am not trying to run a gauntlet on you. I just want to get to the heart of the issue. It would be great if someone was able to change my mind but the problem is, most people, don't have a good argument against it.

I would prefer to come to an agreement of something acceptable, removal is not acceptable nor is it for any of us to decide. Obviously, I just want to know what a better option would be to solve the obvious issue which people objectively have to the "communication" argument. We already know the barriers to communication. How can we implement a feature that subverts those barriers, but doesn't reduce the quality of gameplay, other than what is currently implemented on the test server in the form of a "3D marker"?

Edited by NotABot

8 minutes ago, pankarezas_ said:

@NotABot

Look here :/

I've seen this. It's not proof. I've already argued against it and why it's not a real thing. You need to provide actual evidence of this being used in a real situation. The problem is and has always been the other player can just move and should move. There are many reasons why it's just dumb to sit in an open window.

I've seen this. It's not proof. I've already argued against it and why it's not a real thing. You need to provide actual evidence of this being used in a real situation. The problem is and has always been the other player can just move and should move. There are many reasons why it's just dumb to sit in an open window.

Oh I missed that post, but I am pretty sure, after it goes live as it was two days ago (because in reddit some guys said that it was removed from test servers after today's update), we should see 10x complaints of unexplained kills, like in that video.

Sitting in window is bad, but you should not be granted for ESP-like kill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pankarezas_ said:

Oh I missed that post, but I am pretty sure, after it goes live as it was two days ago (because in reddit some guys said that it was removed from test servers after today's update), we should see 10x complaints of unexplained kills, like in that video.

Sitting in window is bad, but you should not be granted for ESP-like kill.

If it is such a problem I am sure the devs will remove it despite anyone's comments.

If it is such a problem I am sure the devs will remove it despite anyone's comments.

I am pretty sure that will happen, if that thing will not be reworked.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sightseeer said:

Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion. I actually found out about Sonic Radar fairly recently and it really is a life saver. Unsure how it would be an advantage to a healthy person though. It's no where near the efficiency of a normal person's hearing.

I don't intend to derail the thread; I understand how the marker can be an "ESP" like status for other teamates who are at different vantage points. The bottom line is, it makes for more seemless engagements for your teamates when spotting players instead of making the effort to search a generally well called area.

Suggestion #2, best of both worlds 

Rework the marker so that it takes more effort.

Example: Alt+Shift enables mouse pointer movement on the screen similiar to how you move inventory items around. To place a marker you'll have to manually click on a player (their icon or avatar) first, then click out to place the marker on the screen for that player to see.

This would make it so that the person scouting would need to manually tell each teamate where he sees the person. I feel it's more realistic that way.

5 minutes ago, FalseLights said:

Unsure how it would be an advantage to a healthy person though. It's no where near the efficiency of a normal person's hearing.

When you hear stereo sound and you get a footstep you usually need to hear a bit longer to determine where the footstep occurred. With Sonic Radar you should be able to determine the exact angle where the footstep occurred at exactly the same time it started. Bluehole can also not know what you do with your equalizer or if you use other audio enhancing technologies like sound compression. What I am getting at is that you can use Sonic Radar to get an advantage because of the visual confirmation of the angle where the sound occurred with less delay than it would be needed when only using audio feedback. 

Footsteps are also becoming louder with the upcoming patch, which means that people are still struggling to hear footsteps even if they have good hearing. I am witnessing this too by watching friends who are just starting to play FPS competitively, so there are people who need some time to use the stereo sound to determine the sources of in game sounds accurately and with minimum delay that is.

Posted (edited)

I agree with most of the OP.

But I also agree you should not be able to see the marker through objects. Seen vids of it and it looks ridiculous. 

So, if they make the marker part of the ambient aftereffects, like lensflare effect,  it could only be rendered clientside and stay hidden behind objects. No need for making it totally 3d.

Edited by BenVenNL

16 hours ago, FalseLights said:

This is actually how it worked. It was only visible for a few seconds (after that it would stay visible on compass and map, like an ordinary marker).

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, FluffyQuack said:

This is actually how it worked. It was only visible for a few seconds (after that it would stay visible on compass and map, like an ordinary marker).

Right now it's 5 seconds. I think 2 seconds is plenty of time. Even 1 second would probably be enough time. You just need it to show someone a location and if they aren't looking at it when it's set you can ask again for it. Then limit the number of charges and add cooldown.

Edited by NotABot

Retarded developers at PUBG Corp, removed 3D markers from test servers, before it going live 

They have removed the best option in game! 

_20180807_202434.JPG.3c055dcf12d1ab836fd1984ef02f907d.JPG

45 minutes ago, Pois0nous said:

Retarded developers at PUBG Corp, removed 3D markers from test servers, before it going live 

_20180807_202434.JPG.3c055dcf12d1ab836fd1984ef02f907d.JPG

It would have been astonished if they released it without addressing all then feedback against it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pois0nous said:

They made the correct decision. Not everything they come up with and add is good or great for the game. This was a poorly thought out, poorly implemented feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pois0nous said:

Yup, that is stupid. Catering to whiners again just like they did with Fog and Rain... Oh but I don't hear anyone complaining about this:

I guess you didn't see all the talk about people getting banned on Test Server for doing that.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NotABot said:

Yup, that is stupid. Catering to whiners again just like they did with Fog and Rain...

These are different issues and calling us whiners is not helping the discussion. For instance I left every rain map as the rain was way too loud for my hearing, I actually got headaches just from playing a rain map. FOG maps were good imo, I miss them. But I can remember that lots of them started with 40-65 players because many left these lobbies and there were huge issues for a long time linked to the fact that it was possible to look like there is no fog just with the use of the inventory overlay. 

Edited by sightseeer

2 hours ago, NotABot said:

Yup, that is stupid. Catering to whiners again just like they did with Fog and Rain... Oh but I don't hear anyone complaining about this:

Ah! I've been reading yer posts for a while now wondering but came into a conclusion now that yer just a troll.

• Like 1