Sign in to follow this  
pdiscool

Slr vs level helmet and level 3 vest

Hey all, mediocre player here trying to get good. I was in a top 8 or so situation and just equipped a level 3 helmet and level 3 vest. I had full health and a painkiller in my veins ;). I moved up in the circle and took position behind a rock. I went prone and look around me and didn’t see anything. Next thing I know I got 2 pieced with a slr while I was prone and it said headshot. Considering all this how could it be a 2 shot kill? By the most upsurd luck in the world they avoided a level 3 helmet and vest? I have it uploaded to Xbox live, how can I share?

7 minutes ago, pdiscool said:

Hey all, mediocre player here trying to get good. I was in a top 8 or so situation and just equipped a level 3 helmet and level 3 vest. I had full health and a painkiller in my veins ;). I moved up in the circle and took position behind a rock. I went prone and look around me and didn’t see anything. Next thing I know I got 2 pieced with a slr while I was prone and it said headshot. Considering all this how could it be a 2 shot kill? By the most upsurd luck in the world they avoided a level 3 helmet and vest? I have it uploaded to Xbox live, how can I share?

It's just the game at this point un time. I've been 1 tapped in the head with sks and died full health no damage to helmet. Work in progress I suppose. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pdiscool said:

how can I share?

Go to xboxdvr.com and type in your gamertag. Find the video you want and post the link here.

9 minutes ago, MANGUN88 said:

It's just the game at this point un time. I've been 1 tapped in the head with sks and died full health no damage to helmet. Work in progress I suppose. 

Shot in the face maybe? 

And no helmet stops the damage they just lessen it. I think a level 3 reduces the damage by 50% if 1 bullet downs you without a helmet then it should be 2 headshots with the helmet

42 minutes ago, pdiscool said:

http://battlegrounds.party/weapons/?weapon=UMP9&armor=2&helmet=0&distance=0.1&htk=htk&pel=false

40 minutes ago, pdiscool said:

According to https://pubg.gamepedia.com/Weapon_Stats_for_PLAYERUNKNOWN's_BATTLEGROUNDS the SLR does 61.3 damage to a player being headshot wearing a lvl 3 helmet. Being headshot twice = death. 

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

45 minutes ago, MANGUN88 said:

^^ This is the very unfortunate state of this game and hopefully they are serious about fixing it! It would be great if you could rely on the game to do what it is supposed to do...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShallowTech said:

This does not seem accurate considering it shows that the cross bow is a one hit kill if the player has on all lvl. 3 gear...

I thought the crossbow always did one shot on the head, no matter the helmet?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DogWIthaGun said:

I thought the crossbow always did one shot on the head, no matter the helmet?

Really, why would that be the case? Pretty sure a arrow would not go through a lvl. 3, looks like a ballistic helm! 

Edited by ShallowTech

Really, why would that be the case? Pretty sure a arrow would not go through a lvl. 3, looks like a ballistic helm! 

https://pubg.gamepedia.com/Crossbow

1 shot

The crossbow is a short to medium ranged weapon. It does very high damage, with a shot to the torso capable of killing an unarmored enemy in one shot and headshots being instant kills, even through Spetsnaz helmets.

16 minutes ago, HaoleBoi808 said:

I’d say your first mistake was going prone. 

Shhhh don’t tell everyone lol. Too many easy kills against all the prone goers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

This does not seem accurate considering it shows that the cross bow is a one hit kill if the player has on all lvl. 3 gear...

crossbow is always a 1 shot headshot regardless of gear

Just now, khalofdothrakis said:

crossbow is always a 1 shot headshot regardless of gear

Most people don't know this because they never use it, i love the weapon, It's amazing to headshot people with it.

nice... looks like I am going to start practicing with crossbow and maybe kar98 combo or crossbow and tommy gun 🙂

Just now, ShallowTech said:

nice... looks like I am going to start practicing with crossbow and maybe kar98 combo or crossbow and tommy gun 🙂

id recommend using a 3x or 4x and aim just a smidge low, ive got a squad wipe at water treatment before with a crossbow, people dont know what to due when they cant pin where the shots are coming from. knocked the first guy than his buddy went to revive, repeat, rinse, walk away. 

Just now, khalofdothrakis said:

id recommend using a 3x or 4x and aim just a smidge low, ive got a squad wipe at water treatment before with a crossbow, people dont know what to due when they cant pin where the shots are coming from. knocked the first guy than his buddy went to revive, repeat, rinse, walk away. 

Oh I like this? How much range before it drops? 

Oh I like this? How much range before it drops? 

100 yards easy, max i've hit is about 200 took like 6 shots to get trajectory though. 

Must of shot the visor over the eyes... Idk it has happened to me. That's a way to see the more colorful side of my vocab!

1 hour ago, khalofdothrakis said:

Interesting. I need to spend some time playing with the crossbow. I've killed a few people with it shortly after landing but CQC, then I drop it for something else. Thanks for the info

I’ve messed with it a few times, got a nice 60-75m shot on a guy running across a field one day. I will say it was a lucky shot for sure. 

Plenty of kills with it up close though