Sign in to follow this  
MANGUN88

PUBG AUTO UPDATE

So, pretty much everyone I know have their xbox set to update games automatically but PUBG never does. Well, I've had it do it once actually. I have double checked the settings to make sure it is set properly, which it is, because all other games update when my xbox is off. So, I'm assuming this is something with the game itself? If anyone else is having this problem and found a solution I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks. 

Never had an issue with this. Mine always updates automatically. Maybe try clearing your xbox cache. Then reboot your xbox by disconnecting the power and reconnecting.

• Confused 1

Just now, NgloriusBsterd said:

Never had an issue with this. Mine always updates automatically. Maybe try clearing your xbox cache. Then reboot your xbox by disconnecting the power and reconnecting.

Thanks I'll give it a shot. I have bad internet so updates literally take all day at 11g

Just now, MANGUN88 said:

Thanks I'll give it a shot. I have bad internet so updates literally take all day at 11g

I feel ya. My internet sucks too and downloads take a long time. I dont play daily so it usually has already completed dowloading and installing before I even get on.

• Like 1

I prefer to manually update all my games so I know when an update was put into the system and I can look up patch notes why I download for those games if they are important and if you auto update pubg you won't know if your settings have changed hot dropping into a game and be like oh shit my sensitivity is reset after you got your butt kicked

6 minutes ago, Smokintom214 said:

I prefer to manually update all my games so I know when an update was put into the system and I can look up patch notes why I download for those games if they are important and if you auto update pubg you won't know if your settings have changed hot dropping into a game and be like oh shit my sensitivity is reset after you got your butt kicked

If I hear the music when I load up the menu. I know my settings have changed. I always turn it off.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Smokintom214 said:

If mine didnt take 6 hours for 11gb I wouldn't worry about it lol

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, NgloriusBsterd said:

If I hear the music when I load up the menu. I know my settings have changed. I always turn it off.

38 minutes ago, MANGUN88 said:

If mine didnt take 6 hours for 11gb I wouldn't worry about it lol

That sucks to take 6 hours.... With my connection it takes 30 minutes. So it ain't a big deal..

Edited by Smokintom214
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MANGUN88 said:

So, pretty much everyone I know have their xbox set to update games automatically but PUBG never does. Well, I've had it do it once actually. I have double checked the settings to make sure it is set properly, which it is, because all other games update when my xbox is off. So, I'm assuming this is something with the game itself? If anyone else is having this problem and found a solution I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks. 

For me it take like 2 hour after an update is released for it to download without me doing it manually

1 hour ago, NgloriusBsterd said:

Also spin around three times and wrap your controller in tinfoil, that generally makes it work

e.g Mine doesn't either yet EVERYTHING else does, reinstalled, rebooted many times. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MANGUN88 said:

Yes my Xbox doe this with pubg as well. Usually have to hard reset the console just for it to get started. Sometimes I have to do it manually.

• Like 1

The hotfix a couple days ago was the first time mine automatically updated. But for Pubg I really don't care. I usually do a full reinstall just because I don't trust their patching. Takes about 20 minutes.