juanmartincode

MATCHMAKING TAKES TOO LONG - FPP - IN EVERY REGION

I'm tired of it. Even if I change the region it doesn't works.
I don't know if the problem is that many people is not playing anymore or what, but this could may be the cause of it.
It's annoying.

Hope it gets fixed.
Maybe the solution is to add a feature, under the selection of region, to gather people from every part of the world so matchs are fullfilled in less time.

And another thing, after de launch of mini royale, i practically can't play on the classic royale maps because of the same reason, but worst.
Wait time is about to 10 minutes.

Something has to be done.

image.png.10d8b620322052b08210038e701c35f7.png

• Like 4

I got same problem, but only solo matchmaking didnt work, estimated time raised from 10-20 seconds to 12 min and i cant play solo fpp... wtf guys?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juanmartincode said:

I'm tired of it. Even if I change the region it doesn't works.
I don't know if the problem is that many people is not playing anymore or what, but this could may be the cause of it.
It's annoying.

It's not that people aren't playing.  I'm in North America (Orlando, FL) and I'm having the same problem trying to play NA FPP Solos.  I know it's not the player pool because online friends and streamers have zero problems finding NA FPP Solo matches within 15 seconds at any time of day, and usually they matchmake near-instantly.
Read this:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02/20/battlegrounds-ping-based-matchmaking/

This is what it seems like:
- The matchmaking pool is being split into a main pool and a "sucks to be you" pool.  There are relatively few people in the sucks to be you pool, of which we are two of them.  We can't find matches because there just aren't enough people in the sucks to be you pool, and we're never being placed in the main pool, even after waiting 2-50 minutes for a matchmake.
- "Sucks to be you" pool may be the group of people outside a ping lock threshold to make it into the higher prioritized matchmaking pool?  This doesn't make sense for me since I ping the AWS Ohio servers in under 50ms, but when I play random NA FPP Squads where all teammates are random, I'm *never* matchmaking with players in the continental 48 states.  Argentina, Australia, South Africa, Europe, Alaska on satellite internet, etc.  I always ask where people are from now, and I'm never surprised that it's areas that would have high pings to Ohio.  Occasionally I'll get to play in a squads group with players who were already teamed up and they're continental 48, but that rarely happens.

- If the above is true, pick lock "prioritization" is flat broken.  It's not prioritization when we're 100% of the time dumped into the "outside" matchmaking pool that is so small that we never even make it into matches.

The main question - why are we in this other pool, especially for those like me who have low pings to NA servers?  It's not my account, since I have 3 and they all behave like this.  It's not my network or ISP, since it's also like this at work and from a Starbucks local wifi hotspot.

Is it fubar ping lock code that drops our matchmaking priority?

This is a really nasty bug introduced sometime after August 1st - the last time I was able to successfully matchmake into a NA FPP Solo game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Im in Argentina and i cannot play, its been several days of waiting endlessly.

Today i waited 16 minutes and still matchmaking.
This is bullshit, this game used to have the quickest matchmaking i ever experienced, and now is the worst.

Is there any solution?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, codeX_ATA said:

It's not that people aren't playing.  I'm in North America (Orlando, FL) and I'm having the same problem trying to play NA FPP Solos.  I know it's not the player pool because online friends and streamers have zero problems finding NA FPP Solo matches within 15 seconds at any time of day, and usually they matchmake near-instantly.
Read this:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02/20/battlegrounds-ping-based-matchmaking/

This is what it seems like:
- The matchmaking pool is being split into a main pool and a "sucks to be you" pool.  There are relatively few people in the sucks to be you pool, of which we are two of them.  We can't find matches because there just aren't enough people in the sucks to be you pool, and we're never being placed in the main pool, even after waiting 2-50 minutes for a matchmake.
- "Sucks to be you" pool may be the group of people outside a ping lock threshold to make it into the higher prioritized matchmaking pool?  This doesn't make sense for me since I ping the AWS Ohio servers in under 50ms, but when I play random NA FPP Squads where all teammates are random, I'm *never* matchmaking with players in the continental 48 states.  Argentina, Australia, South Africa, Europe, Alaska on satellite internet, etc.  I always ask where people are from now, and I'm never surprised that it's areas that would have high pings to Ohio.  Occasionally I'll get to play in a squads group with players who were already teamed up and they're continental 48, but that rarely happens.

- If the above is true, pick lock "prioritization" is flat broken.  It's not prioritization when we're 100% of the time dumped into the "outside" matchmaking pool that is so small that we never even make it into matches.

The main question - why are we in this other pool, especially for those like me who have low pings to NA servers?  It's not my account, since I have 3 and they all behave like this.  It's not my network or ISP, since it's also like this at work and from a Starbucks local wifi hotspot.

Is it fubar ping lock code that drops our matchmaking priority?

This is a really nasty bug introduced sometime after August 1st - the last time I was able to successfully matchmake into a NA FPP Solo game.

Thanks for the info. 
The thing is that when I run a internet Speedtest:
Ping: 8ms

Download: 106 Mbps
Upload: 6 Mbps (usually is arround 20-30 Mbps)

I understand this is quite good, and also I have one of the bests internet providers in Argentina.

Recently I tried to play on 1-man squad and also on squad and it was super fast the matchmaking..
So, apparently the problems is mainly on solo mode and surely is related with the futbar ping lock..

Thanks again codeX_ATA

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, juanmartincode said:

Thanks for the info. 
The thing is that when I run a internet Speedtest:
Ping: 8ms

Download: 106 Mbps
Upload: 6 Mbps (usually is arround 20-30 Mbps)

I understand this is quite good, and also I have one of the bests internet providers in Argentina.

Recently I tried to play on 1-man squad and also on squad and it was super fast the matchmaking..
So, apparently the problems is mainly on solo mode and surely is related with the futbar ping lock..

Thanks again codeX_ATA

The ping you listed is to the closet pingable server listed by your provider or whatever site you are using, which is way closer than the actual server you are trying to connect to when playing PUBG( for SA - ec2.sa-east-1.amazonaws.com - Sao Paulo). I'm in Western Canada, my ping to local server is 5-10ms(which is what you are testing), when I ping ec2.us-east-2.amazonaws.com(which is the PUBG Server for NA in Ohio and my connection goes all the way to the East Coast Sea Cable Connection and then back because of routing) I can get anywhere from 65-120 or even worse (depending on the time of day, outages, routing, usage in my area).

I would suggest using a site like https://pubgserverping.com/ to get an idea of your connection to the servers if you don't know how to use ping command. 

If you want to use ping command and ping a server directly follow these steps -

1. Open Command Prompt/CMD.(make sure you have Admin Privileges, right click and select Admin Priv...)

2. Type "ping" the name or address Ex. "Google.com" or in this instance it is "ec2.sa-east-1.amazonaws.com" (everything is without "")

3. hit Enter.

4. It should return 4 instances with 3 attempts per instance and a MIN, MAX, and Average value.

That is your ping at that specific time to the server you are trying to connect to. I hope that helps out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now I understand how it works. Thanks! That should be the reason why: 

South America (SA Server - São Paulo)
AWS Oregon Region
AWS California Region
North America (NA Servers - Ohio)
AWS London Region
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still facing this problem here. Today by the morning a friend of mine was playing FPP SOLO NA, getting an estimated time around 0:08 seconds. When I tried to play my estimated time was around 50 minutes and I could not play. Please, don't let this thread die. My results:

South America (SA Server - São Paulo)
North America (NA Servers - Ohio)
AWS California Region
AWS Oregon Region
Europe (EU servers - Frankfurt)
AWS Ireland Region
AWS London Region
  • Like 2

Same problem, i'm from Argentina also, didn't play the game the past 2 months i believe, now i wanna play some solos but can't find solo FPP game in any region (10:40 estimated for Sanhok). FPP works fine for Duos/Squad. TPP works fine too. Only solos FPP doesn't work. This thread needs to get some dev attention.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

I can't play SOLO FPP in SA since past week, because of the long queue time.  When I try to join SOLO FPP match in NA servers, it doesn't work, had the same long queue time issue. But everyday I open Shroud's stream and, for my surprise, he could instantly join a SOLO FPP match in NA servers. I just can't join NA or SA SOLO FPP, and reading the coments I became to think that is a issue for majority of the SA  players.

20180821160041_1.jpg

20180821160111_1.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Devs, maybe you can give any answers or something to help us, or you dont care about your community???

• Like 2

They've said multiple times the matchmaking system isn't what it should be.

Quote from FIX PUBG:

FASTER AND SMARTER MATCHMAKING
Better Matchmaking
We are looking into improving aspects of the matchmaking logic to ensure better, fairer games for all players. We are still actively discussing the system, and looking into rules based on player ping, language, or distance. We are also considering improving MMR logic and increasing the interval for resetting the leaderboard to build a more systematic matchmaking system.

This is a complicated system to build and get right, which means we have a lot of work to get done in this area so we don't want to make any hasty promises. Our goal is to provide all players with a healthy queue that ensures a stable and fair game. We'll keep you posted for more details as we commit to figuring this out!

• Like 1

4 horas atrás, EscapingKid disse:

Quote from FIX PUBG:

Ok, but we want them to address the bug here. Also, the matchmaking was working properly (better?) a month ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EscapingKid said:

Quote from FIX PUBG:

50 minutes ago, jonaspp said:

Ok, but we want them to address the bug here. Also, the matchmaking was working properly (better?) a month ago.

Actually, my PUBG Matchmaking issue on SOLO FPP matches has started after the release of "FIX PUBG" campaign. I don't know how they're fixing PUBG, but it's definitinely not working for me.

• Like 1

Don't let this thread die. Subscribe to this thread to receive updates on every message.

• Like 1

there is no any reaction from devs...I dont know why devs have so bad attitude to community... Guys, you have a problem with servers or something...many people from everywhere cant play normaly solo FPP. that problem its not about region or ping or which time playing(morning/evening) 

last patch is broke solo fpp matchmaking, you guys need to backup last server changes...

Please answer or do it something!! stop f8cking igroning us, we dont deserve this ignoring!!! 

• Like 5

It wasn't the "last" patch that broke this.. it was I believe the first patch after August 1st.  I'm in North America, ping NA server at 40-50ms, never had a problem for 10 months prior to August, and haven't been able to play a NA FPP Solo in almost 4 weeks.  This is a big issue that has some of us locked out of the main matchmaking pool with the main NA FPP playerbase, and it "seems" it's Solos, Duos, and Squads.. it's just most noticeable with Solos since that's a smaller pool to begin with.

I've been putting this on blast across all forums and at various PUBG twitter channels, and have heard absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have the same issue with matchmaking. RU and EU both -  the problem is with only solo fpp mode. 

Any other, it's super fast. So for couple of days i was playing in squad fpp mode... and still can't join solo fpp. 

FIX THE DAMN BUG WITH MATCHMAKING BLUE BALLS! 

Edited by Eryxq
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

After yesterday update, this is what i got in any FPP mode, in any region. 50:00 minutes.

20180829135721_1.jpg.ecf21b10143343126eae7f244efa8c0f.jpg

Edited by Czaikowski
  • Like 3