Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x Soul Saber x

Public Opinion Sanhok???

What do you guys think about the New map Sanhok? 

I can't help but to keep going back to the old maps because of frustration of getting shot by Camper/Grass Snakes.

It's in such a state I can't really form an opinion on the map.

And I can barely get into a game at the moment, I've crashed in the last 4 games I've tried to play.

I expected it to be action packed but most of the time everyone is hiding. It's better on FPP because people seem more inclined to play.

It’s a difficult map to play and the way it runs on the one x isn’t helping. You have to be brave and get out there and be prepared for a gun fight everywhere you go. I think Sanhok is will improve my overall gameplay to be honest. 

24 minutes ago, x Soul Saber x said:

I can't help but to keep going back to the old maps because of frustration of getting shot by Camper/Grass Snakes.

Personally love the map, plays great on OG Xbox. I don't play TPP so I've not really encountered any snakes or really many campers.

It's a nice change of pace. Fast furious drops and final 10 is basically the same as erangel, snakey bois. The ridiculous loot drops are nice unless you want to get that bare hand kill. 

Seeing that I haven’t seen a full 100 person game on it yet, I think 85 is the most I’ve seen, I’d say a lot of people don't like it 

I'm enjoying it a lot! Like most people have mentioned, it's a breeding ground for campers and grass snakes, but it's much faster paced and matches are much shorter. If anything it's getting me ready for a faster paced Battle Royale game..(Cough) COD: Blackout (Cough)?

1 hour ago, HaoleBoi808 said:

Seeing that I haven’t seen a full 100 person game on it yet, I think 85 is the most I’ve seen, I’d say a lot of people don't like it 

Do you play TPP? Seems FPP is actually more populated for once.

I play in EU and have played Sanhok around 30 times (12 solo,  6 duo, 12 squad, ish)  and every game I have played has been at worst 95 players, usually 97-100 I'd say pleanty of people like it.

I like the fact that a different map plays the same game mode soo differently.   I dont think there is enough open spaces to fight in though. No skill to find cover/position in the circle, all you have to do is move and there is cover everywhere.

I leave map selection on "all" and play what I get.

I've been very happy with it so far (OG w/SSD). Faster pace. Less time to loot, but there is way more loot than you need everywhere. It solved a few of my complaints about the larger maps. Loot for 5min and end up with garbage, then have to make a 3min run to the other end of the map...just in time to have the next circle make you go another 2min...leaving no additional time to loot. I hate running for several minutes with crap weapons, no vehicle in sight, and dying after 10min of doing nothing interesting at all. Sanhok is full of loot, the circle pacing is perfect IMO, you really don't need a vehicle on that map at all, and the terrain is interesting enough to offer both sniping and CQB opportunities. Gets my stamp of approval.

I'm so glad we all finally have it! XboxS, fpp servers in solo I've only played and so far I love the new map. I have no complaints at all. Since it is smaller people might change there gameplay up a little but that doesn't bother me one bit, I feel I'm needing to be way more alert which is nice. 

My buddy and I really like Sanhok. We love jumping boot camp every time and just fighting our way to every circle on foot. We have never encountered anyone hiding in bushes though. If someone does ever get the jump on me from a bush, thats my fault for not noticing them.

Miramar on the other hand.... I HATE that map. Nothing sucks more than circles where you end up running out in the open forever as Chris Kyle wannabees shoot at you from all directions.

I just got 2 dinners in a row on Sanhok. I haven’t had any performance issues to speak of (other than the typical PUBG performance issues). It took some getting used to as it pretty much requires a different play style. But I find if I play even more aggressive than normal I can usually make top 5 regularly. But I honestly thoroughly enjoy Sanhok. It has exceeded my expectations. Yes the snakes and corner campers seem thicker. They will always be frustrating. But if you know how to look out for them, they’re usually a fairly easy kill.

11 hours ago, x Soul Saber x said:

I have been killed by grass wookies but the grass saved my a$$ multiple times allowing me to pop firsts. But i see no action in the middle game because of people hiding. 

Every time I hear someone near me out in the forests they instantly stop moving and it’s a game of Marco Polo until the circle moves you. If I rush them they hear me coming and know what direction I’m at and once I see them it’s often too late to re adjust. 

It would be better if they cut down on the vegetation a little bit and reduced the amount of available ARs in one place.

I'm starting to have alot of fun with Sanhok. I was having a real shit time the first couple of days, I hate CQC and I was basically playing every match like it was COD. Been slowing it down and been getting alot more kills and alot more chances at that Chicken Dinner.

I have had 20ish goes and I mostly don’t like it so far. But I didn’t like the last map much to start with and now it’s my favourite, so i’ll stick at it.

Sanhok is clearly geared towards a different type of play than what you get on Erangel and Miramar. I'm not a huge fan, the smaller size and shortened circle times makes it play a lot more like any generic FPS-game than the type of game play that drew me to PUBG in the first place.

I hope the next map is NOT 4x4 in size. A middle ground of 6x6 (Erangel and Miramar are both 8x8) could probably tighten up things a bit without being too cramped.

20 minutes ago, WakaFlocka said:

I hope the next map is NOT 4x4 in size. A middle ground of 6x6 (Erangel and Miramar are both 8x8) could probably tighten up things a bit without being too cramped.

I prefer the larger maps too but it is a really cool looking map.

It's not just the size of the map making it feel small, it's the amount of foliage and stuff. There are fewer opportunities to take someone out at range (because they can often get hidden by the canopy) and a lot more places for people to be hiding close by - makes it feel even smaller than it actually is.