Jump to content

Do you want 1080p on X ? More FPS ?  

112 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote

    • Yes, reduce to 1080p
    • No, I like poor 4k fps


Recommended Posts

30 minutos atrás, SuperchargedRat disse:

Go into the system menu, video and display. Change the resolution to 1080p, then go into video modes and disable the 4k, otherwise your box is still going to try and render in 4k, even if you're outputting in 1080p. This is my understanding of what needs to be done to help the frames.

You are wrong. The setting in the console options does not change the native rendition of PUBG (4K). The option on the console only performs downscaling to 1080 on the HDMI output. This change does not affect anything in terms of performance. In order for the problem to be corrected, the game itself should offer an option of performance (1080p) or quality (4k). For months the players have asked the developer this possibility and have always been ignored, even with the highly unstable framerate of the game. Soon we will have battle royale games with 60fps, so the market itself will put the developers back in their proper places. We do not have to worry any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

But I'll still give it a go, it's not like other things aren't bugged so I'd be stupid not to try it.

 

Hmm, try it. Can't do any harm. I've always felt my game runs so much better than alot of people's on here. Either they are over exagerating, i am more tolerant or there really is a difference. Whether that is down to my settings or not, who knows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Clown Syndr0me said:

Hmm, try it. Can't do any harm. I've always felt my game runs so much better than alot of people's on here. Either they are over exagerating, i am more tolerant or there really is a difference. Whether that is down to my settings or not, who knows.

 

Exactly. Unless my Xbox blows up ?

A little of both I expect - people will be over-exaggerrating, it's just what people do. It's pretty clunky for me, depending on my mood I'll say "it's pretty clunky" or "it's f****** terrible", lol. Some people will also be more tolerant or less sensitive to it as well.

 

But I'm starting to think there's something more to it than that. Maybe some people do actually have the issue to a greater extent than others. It wouldn't be impossible for Microsoft to have got something slightly different in different batches of Xbox, so some X1X's could be suffering more than others - they've done that many times before.

Edited by ColonicBoom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutos atrás, Clown Syndr0me disse:

 

Hmm, try it. Can't do any harm. I've always felt my game runs so much better than alot of people's on here. Either they are over exagerating, i am more tolerant or there really is a difference. Whether that is down to my settings or not, who knows.

I've tried everything that was possible during more than 1500 hours of gameplay. 250mb / s optical fiber internet, 1TB SSD, 1ms BENQ monitor, and the framerate of the game remains unstable, with drops on the final safes and close bouts. XBOX one X here. I can not understand the producer's insistence on forcing the 4K resolution if the game is unstable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

Some people will also be more tolerant or less sensitive to it as well

 

I'm probably used to it. Playing so much and very little of anything else its just become the norm. I'm pretty laid back too and things that really irritate some people don't bother me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brutusbr said:

I've tried everything that was possible during more than 1500 hours of gameplay. 250mb / s optical fiber internet, 1TB SSD, 1ms BENQ monitor, and the framerate of the game remains unstable, with drops on the final safes and close bouts. XBOX one X here. I can not understand the producer's insistence on forcing the 4K resolution if the game is unstable.

 

Pretty much identical set ups. I'm on a Benq monitor too. Weird as hell! I wish someone who is having problems could come and try mine out and tell me if it is just me being oblivious ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clown Syndr0me said:

 

Pretty much identical set ups. I'm on a Benq monitor too. Weird as hell! I wish someone who is having problems could come and try mine out and tell me if it is just me being oblivious ?

 

 

you are being oblivious.(no offense)... or are jsut so use to the poor performance that you dont notice is probably more the case.

 

i am guessing you did not see my post above about how changing the xbox settings does nothing to address the problem, as the game forces a 4k rendering. that the xbox then down samples to 1080p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutos atrás, Clown Syndr0me disse:

 

I just have my X outputting in 1080p as i dont play on the 4k tv.

Nope... Just output is 1080... the render textures are 4k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, phoztech said:

 

 

you are being oblivious.(no offense)... or are jsut so use to the poor performance that you dont notice is probably more the case.

 

i am guessing you did not see my post above about how changing the xbox settings does nothing to address the problem, as the game forces a 4k rendering. that the xbox then down samples to 1080p.

 

Yeah i read it, I never really understood all that. 

 

I reckon im just used to the issues. I've hardly played anything else this past year so it's just become the norm I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The render part is separated of output resolution in Xbox. No matter it to 720p.... the game will be processed in 4k, downscaled to 1080.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutos atrás, phoztech disse:

 

 

the problem is that this is not really true.

the game itself tells the system to render at 4k. this takes processing power.

then once rendered the xbox will downsample to 1080p to output to your monitor/tv.

 

if they changed the game to allow original rendering at 1080p then all this extra overhead processing would go away and alleviate some of the problems.

 

essentially changing the settings in the xbox settings does little or nothing.

 YESSSSS !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

 

But I'm starting to think there's something more to it than that. Maybe some people do actually have the issue to a greater extent than others. It wouldn't be impossible for Microsoft to have got something slightly different in different batches of Xbox, so some X1X's could be suffering more than others - they've done that many times before.

True that.  Recalls on car models only for certain years or even parts of a vin#.

A bad batch of flux capacitors were inserted on this day.

Edited by BadBatch5040

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, Clown Syndr0me said:

I wish someone who is having problems could come and try mine out and tell me if it is just me being oblivious ?

 

Yeah, I was thinking the exact thing - I wish I knew someone (personally) that doesn't have the fps / jittering issue so I could go round there to see and try their Xbox, then try my Xbox on their setup, then bring their Xbox round to my house to see what it does too. But I don't even know anybody that has an X1X, everyone I play PUBG with lives hours away up North and I live in the South East. And the only one that I play with that doesn't have the issue is on X1S anyway.

 

10 minutes ago, BadBatch5040 said:

True that.  Recalls on car models only for certain years or even parts of a vin#.

 

Yeah and I'm pretty sure that if you look back at the Xbox 360 (RROD FTW !!!), MS were changing the components quite regularly (not even including the different versions of the console) - I'd be surprised it they didn't do the same thing now.

Edited by ColonicBoom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, alamdias said:

The render part is separated of output resolution in Xbox. No matter it to 720p.... the game will be processed in 4k, downscaled to 1080.

 

 

57 minutes ago, brutusbr said:

You are wrong. The setting in the console options does not change the native rendition of PUBG (4K). The option on the console only performs downscaling to 1080 on the HDMI output. This change does not affect anything in terms of performance. In order for the problem to be corrected, the game itself should offer an option of performance (1080p) or quality (4k). For months the players have asked the developer this possibility and have always been ignored, even with the highly unstable framerate of the game. Soon we will have battle royale games with 60fps, so the market itself will put the developers back in their proper places. We do not have to worry any more.

 

Thank you both for the update, I don't know enough about the inner workings of the system and games to appreciate if disallowing 4k was actually changing the way the game ran.

 

As for the 60 fps game coming out, I don't want "60 FPS Battle Royale", I want 60 FPS PUBG. I don't care much for CoD gameplay anymore, I think the new CoD BR is in competition with Fortnite, not us. I suspect that CoD and PUBG are targeting different audiences. Look at all the other games that get made each year, plenty of people make money selling games that don't have the playerbase of CoD, we don't need CoD numbers to have a great game, or for the game to continue on in its development.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sauuuud said:

Do u see that @Andymh5 ?

NOBODY wants resolution everyone wants more FPS . Please make it happen give us 1080p on xbox one x

 

What do you expect a forum moderator to do about it? Andy isn't a developer, he's a PUBG player and fan like the rest of us....... must be rather annoying for him to be constantly tagged in things he has no control over.

  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dutchlfc said:

dont get me wrong i totally agree with what your saying i own an X and i am a firm believer it shouldnt be held back because of the OG xbox, but i personally dont see PUBG doing that. Thats why id take i cut in resolution to give us a solid 30FPS. i would love nothing more than a 60fps mode but i just cant see it happening unfortunately.... I hope im wrong

This is what I meant too tho.  For xbox, make a performance mode cut back in graphics for performance.  Theyve done it for other games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Goofy The Scot said:

 

What do you expect a forum moderator to do about it? Andy isn't a developer, he's a PUBG player and fan like the rest of us....... must be rather annoying for him to be constantly tagged in things he has no control over.

Dont u think he can pass these info to the devs?

and who else can we contact if not him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is 4K about the Xbox one X version anyway?

 

The textures certainly are not 4K...

Half the rocks etc look like Minecraft graphics.

 

Play gears of war 4 , or Forza etc in 4k... that's 4k.

 

So what exactly is PUBG running at 4K on the one X? ... seriously interested to hear the answer.

 

It looks like a late generation Xbox 360 game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 6:48 PM, Balloonknot said:

This is what I meant too tho.  For xbox, make a performance mode cut back in graphics for performance.  Theyve done it for other games.

 

It already looks like shit though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was discussed in detail a couple weeks ago...some tech savvy people all agreed lowering the output/resolution etc does Nothing to improve frame rate on the X. Something to do with the fact that it is not an in game option...system down scales 4K. Let’s get them back in here...also your “poll” starts of so biased it’s ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, c0miN thRu said:

What exactly is 4K about the Xbox one X version anyway?

 

The textures certainly are not 4K...

Half the rocks etc look like Minecraft graphics.

 

Play gears of war 4 , or Forza etc in 4k... that's 4k.

 

So what exactly is PUBG running at 4K on the one X? ... seriously interested to hear the answer.

 

It looks like a late generation Xbox 360 game

2 weeks ago I went out and bought a 4k gaming monitor with 1ms response time and freesync. Before that Ive only ever played on a tv. I have a one x and notice quite a big difference with a smoother image when using scopes 4x 6x etc. Ive been using 4k option on xbox and imo it makes image sharper if you like your shitty textures sharper. I can spot ppl for example in windows quicker than before, Is that soley because of 4k? I doubt it. A combination of everything im guessing. Only time in having fps issues is when im in middle of a smoke. I have to say game is running really well for me rn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×