Sign in to follow this  
falconitegaming

Pubg Corp Please change the maintenance Window

13 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

Explain to me how CSGO isn't offline this much?

I'm not game developer to explain this from technical point of view. One game is diff than others, you should not compare that way.

CS:Go have many servers , both official and 3rd party in the first place. 

13 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

2018 and no dynamic updates depending on timezone makes me go WHAAAT

Go ask Steam for that

These threads that pop up every single downtime never fail to amuse me.

Cheers for not letting me down!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sgt_gh0st said:

Tell me how often CSGO is offline 3 hours 2-3 times a month....

I thought they patch once a week. down time isnt as long perhaps but its not the same game/engine server system ect.

6 hours ago, MrHappyPenguin said:

It's annoying, but it's not a big deal. What I at least want PUBG Corp to do is put a server up/down status on these forums so players can quickly check if they're doing maintenance. They also should utilize the Steam forums when new patches come out.

Steam forums are no longer actively monitored or used due to the difficulty in moderating it. An official post on those forums states as much.

Meanwhile, there is a twitter feed to the right of the forums when you load them up that always has the tweets when maintenance is planned, started and completed.

image.thumb.png.befa454ff6ca4f9f8ada8678faaa6c01.png

@falconitegaming

Maintenance is done during office hours in korea when their staff is avalaible. While it may impact your prime time for playing, this is unavoidable as no matter what time the maintenance is done there will be a region that is affected in some way. Contrary to what people may think NA is not the largest region of players and while it may be an inconvenicene to your region, it affects the overall playerbase far less.

You can't stagger something like this because of its global nature. 

8 hours ago, Takarii said:

Steam forums are no longer actively monitored or used due to the difficulty in moderating it. An official post on those forums states as much.

Meanwhile, there is a twitter feed to the right of the forums when you load them up that always has the tweets when maintenance is planned, started and completed.

@falconitegaming

Maintenance is done during office hours in korea when their staff is avalaible. While it may impact your prime time for playing, this is unavoidable as no matter what time the maintenance is done there will be a region that is affected in some way. Contrary to what people may think NA is not the largest region of players and while it may be an inconvenicene to your region, it affects the overall playerbase far less.

I checked Twitter but afaik there was no plan announced before the update started right?

14 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

CSGO you can rent servers. Server renters (admins) are not required to update when a patch is released.

But i mean the Official public servers..

11 hours ago, Takarii said:

@falconitegaming

It's incompatible with firefox or the forums are displaying it wrong. I do not see the twitter feed.

30 minutes ago, MrHappyPenguin said:

It's incompatible with firefox or the forums are displaying it wrong. I do not see the twitter feed.

Edit to previous post.

I see it now. You need twitter's scripts enabled to see it, and it's only displayed on the main page. Scripts shouldn't be needed considering Twitter itself works fine without them. Still, why not make a single announcement on the Steam forums each patch? You can lock it to prevent comment spam. The average users would look to the Steam forums before looking anywhere else.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin

36 minutes ago, MrHappyPenguin said:

Heres firefox

image.png.127c3c97422f777f359b46bf1dcff13f.png

Heres Edge

image.png.bb61a8e599fc8a2009144a62b2b9de2f.png

Please note, the feed is only visible on the TOP level of the forums. If you go into the individual categories the feed is not at the side. The original screenshot I posted was from chrome.

6 minutes ago, MrHappyPenguin said:

Edit to previous post.

I see it now. You need twitter's scripts enabled to see it, and it's only displayed on the main page. Scripts shouldn't be needed considering Twitter itself works fine without them. Still, why not make a single announcement on the Steam forums each patch? You can lock it to prevent comment spam. The average users would look to the Steam forums before looking anywhere else.

As I previously mentioned, the steam forums are not actively monitored or posted to due to their lack of moderation tools.

3 hours ago, sgt_gh0st said:

I checked Twitter but afaik there was no plan announced before the update started right?

The announcement that it was coming is below

I love this thread. It makes me all warm inside. Why?

As an EU resident I have been told for over a decade that maintenance in my peak hours is necessary due to NA working hours and every time people from my region have moaned we have been told to suck it up and go outside.

The moment the roles are reversed the whine is real.

So from an EU player to all of you NA players whining...... "SUCK IT UP AND GO OUTSIDE"

Karma is such a smoking hot bitch and I love her.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, M3PH said:

As an EU resident I have been told for over a decade that maintenance in my peak hours is necessary due to NA working hours and every time people from my region have moaned we have been told to suck it up and go outside.

So from an EU player to all of you NA players whining...... "SUCK IT UP AND GO OUTSIDE"

As an NA player. ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M3PH said:

Yay ! 

Suck it up and go outside ... or play Dota instead !

On 9/18/2018 at 6:01 PM, falconitegaming said:

The maintenance window is right over peak gameplay time in the USA please adjust it to an early morning maintenance. Either that or maintenance needs to occur on a per region basis during a time period with low activity. 8pm on a weekday I am just getting home from work and I am ready to relax and play some PUBG. Please consider changing the maintenance window.

Thanks!

LOL, you're asking a Korean based company to cater to one of it's smallest player bases?

I can tell now, middle and upper management isn't in your future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Takarii said:

The announcement that it was coming is below

So @PUBG at Twitter will not anounce update dates before because thats the only channel i foillow and i didn't see anything there except when it satarted.

15 hours ago, M3PH said:

like. Im NA as well. Apparently we can’t handle not playing this game for 3 hours. We ran out of ranch sauce so we have nothing to dip our foods in

4 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

So @PUBG at Twitter will not anounce update dates before because thats the only channel i foillow and i didn't see anything there except when it satarted.

Correct. @PUBG_Help is the feed that announces maintenance windows, issues and other support related feedback.

This whole thread is comical xD

Whining about downtime is both legit and funny. (a) Of course people are going to be upset. They want to play this awesome game! And (b) of course it's funny, because it's funny when people get upset that they can't play their game for a few hours. Of course there is nuance, and it's more complicated than that--but still funny.

But to suggest that taking the game offline for 3 hours a week is somehow necessary or unavoidable is also hilarious. There are definitely ways to do it without taking the whole service down once a week for 3 hours. Think about all of the online services you use. How many of them go down for 3 hours once a week? Come on, now. Just to be clear: I'm not saying it's easy, or even possible given their current setup.

• RIP 1

2 minutes ago, TimeSpiraling said:

This whole thread is comical xD

Whining about downtime is both legit and funny. (a) Of course people are going to be upset. They want to play this awesome game! And (b) of course it's funny, because it's funny when people get upset that they can't play their game for a few hours. Of course there is nuance, and it's more complicated than that--but still funny.

But to suggest that taking the game offline for 3 hours a week is somehow necessary or unavoidable is also hilarious. There are definitely ways to do it without taking the whole service down once a week for 3 hours. Think about all of the online services you use. How many of them go down for 3 hours once a week? Come on, now. Just to be clear: I'm not saying it's easy, or even possible given their current setup.

It might be too late to change their core architecture now, but still funny people keep on complaining. However this type of complaint will not lose them players.

1 minute ago, pizzaman said:

It might be too late to change their core architecture now, but still funny people keep on complaining. However this type of complaint will not lose them players.

I half agree. It's never too late to make sweeping changes. But it usually doesn't require both will and money, and we don't really know if either of those conditions can be met, atm. I'm of the opinion that there are probably some core architecture issues that are responsible--or at least strongly influencing--game performance, and I believe that performance is the core problem, atm. Then they need to work on branding. But that's a different conversation ... 

But when you're dealing with numbers in the hundreds of thousands, and millions, then things like this absolutely do affect important metrics such as daily active users, active users, user loss, etc ... When numbers get that high, you start measuring things in single-digit and fractions of percentages. 

5 minutes ago, TimeSpiraling said:

I half agree. It's never too late to make sweeping changes. But it usually doesn't require both will and money, and we don't really know if either of those conditions can be met, atm. I'm of the opinion that there are probably some core architecture issues that are responsible--or at least strongly influencing--game performance, and I believe that performance is the core problem, atm. Then they need to work on branding. But that's a different conversation ... 

But when you're dealing with numbers in the hundreds of thousands, and millions, then things like this absolutely do affect important metrics such as daily active users, active users, user loss, etc ... When numbers get that high, you start measuring things in single-digit and fractions of percentages. 

Well, you could be right. I am not from their company so I don’t know how their architecture works. But in the company i work for, our upgrade process used to take 8 hours down time. Many years ago we switched to a zero down time architecture. That took 2 years for them to work on, not including all the thousands of engineers, me included, who have to change the way to deploy changes to the database release after release to conform to the new standards. I don’t know if Bluehole is willing to invest in an overhaul in this area just yet. They need to scramble and improve the game first

Edited by pizzaman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, M3PH said:

You're not my dad! ?

• RIP 1

1 hour ago, pizzaman said:

like. Im NA as well. Apparently we can’t handle not playing this game for 3 hours. We ran out of ranch sauce so we have nothing to dip our foods in

What? No ranch sauce? World is going to end now!