Sign in to follow this  
axed

Fix oceania server

Oceania server has been broken since mirimar and matchmaking timer was released before mirimar release i could find games instantly back to back but after mirimar release i've had to put up with 1 min-5 min waiting times and now oceania server is dead because of this

• Like 1

Yeah. We have a post in the bug section, but our friends at Bluehole delete any evidence we post.

Don't hold your breath on anything being fixed. They are crossing anything they can in the hopes that ping based matchmaking fixes the problem.

I can't wait to hear the whinging the NA users are going to do when it doesn't fix the problem because matchmaking is so borked and we keep playing on their servers. :) 

They can't build a wall to stop us coming in!!!

• Thanks 1

It's been acknowledged in the most recent Community Post. Too many queues available for the number of players apparently.

IMO this doesn't fully explain it.

This would explain the small lobbies yes, but it definitely does not explain the long wait times.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, hybiepoo said:

It's been acknowledged in the most recent Community Post. Too many queues available for the number of players apparently.

IMO this doesn't fully explain it.

This would explain the small lobbies yes, but it definitely does not explain the long wait times.

Could you link me that please? I thought that was for PC.

Edit: Nevermind. Found it. THANK GOD THEY FINALLY TOOK NOTICE.

Edited by Skullaxe

At least they acknowledged it. Does this mean we will be able to cue for FPP and it will just put us in the best region? If so that would be mad

1 minute ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

Not enough players apparently.

Because you're all playing in other regions!! 

i try everyday for OCE games to very little avail..
this is a compounding issue, each time someone cant find a game in OCE they switch servers, some for good, and the more time it goes without a fix the more people just leave OCE.. 

you cant blame the players for blueholes error

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

Not enough players apparently.

Because you're all playing in other regions!! 

Nope, that doesn't explain all the issues. Particularly long queue times. 

It means it will match you with others who have similar pings, so if you have a high ping you should be matched with those similar regardless of region. So if you're a lagger, enjoy playing with other laggers and you can all shoot each other behind cover. 

The forums will be very entertaining when they implement this. 

15 minutes ago, IcarusPanda said:

i try everyday for OCE games to very little avail..
this is a compounding issue, each time someone cant find a game in OCE they switch servers, some for good, and the more time it goes without a fix the more people just leave OCE.. 

you cant blame the players for blueholes error

The only thing bluehole did wrong was give people the opportunity to choose regions. Mostly people suck in their own region but suddenly find they're pubg gods in other regions so keep going back. If EVERYONE stayed in the region closest to them, there would be no matchmaking problems except at times when most are asleep or working/school in their region. 

14 minutes ago, hybiepoo said:

Nope, that doesn't explain all the issues. Particularly long queue times. 

Yes it does. If most are away playing out of region, how are you going to find other players. I have no problem finding random OC teammates on the EU server. 

Typical corporate response is all I have read.

Blaming it on the users of their product. 

I have stopped playing purely for the low amount of people per lobby. 

Until I hear word they have fixed it I will not be playing. 

And I'm only praying they don't close our server. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

Yes it does. If most are away playing out of region, how are you going to find other players. I have no problem finding random OC teammates on the EU server. 

No it really doesn't.

If there are very few players, there should be plenty of lobbies available (according to the community post, too many lobbies for the number of players), so you should get put in one straight away.

The only way this wouldn't be the case is if it waits for 20+ (or some other number) players to ready up before it puts ANYONE in a lobby. I'd personally rather sit in the lobby waiting for players than sit looking at a timer. At least you'd know you're in a game. For the record, I generally only queue OC, even if that means being owned by 4-man squads as a duo.

Edited by hybiepoo
Missing parenthesis

9 horas atrás, axed disse:

Oceania server has been broken since mirimar and matchmaking timer was released before mirimar release i could find games instantly back to back but after mirimar release i've had to put up with 1 min-5 min waiting times and now oceania server is dead because of this

The regions will end the November update and the problem will be solved. The matchmaking will be done by the ping range to decrease the desync.