IcarusPanda

#PERFORMANCEMODEorBUST#

just going to bring this back up.. seeing as the last post was locked.. without any word on when that performance mode was coming... just.. "in the future"

#PERFORMANCEMODEorBUST

Andymh5

• Scope Optional
  •  
  • Andymh5
  • 2,232 posts
  •  

"""Hi all,

I have locked this topic due to the multiple spam posts that were being created to "bump" that lacked any constructive discussion.  We understand alot of people feel passionate about the game and want it to perform the best it can and so do we.  We are constantly monitoring and gathering feedback from the community but as there are thousands of topics/post created every day it is not always possible to acknowledge each and every one.

The team are continuously looking into new ways of improving optimization and stability and are also working on a long term solution for Xbox One X that intend on implementing in the future which will cater to two different audiences: those who prefer better graphics and those who prefer better performance that don’t mind sacrificing some graphical quality.  Currently we do not have many details to share, but will provide updates on this as soon as we are able to.  

Hit the follow tab on the News & Announcements section on the forums.  You'll find the tab at the top right hand side of the page (or if you are on mobile it will be at the bottom).  You can use to get email notifications on when there is new information added about upcoming updates and also weekly community posts by the team."""

• RIP 1

38 minutes ago, IcarusPanda said:

just going to bring this back up.. seeing as the last post was locked.. without any word on when that performance mode was coming... just.. "in the future"

#PERFORMANCEMODEorBUST

Andymh5

• Scope Optional
  •  
  • Andymh5
  • 2,232 posts
  •  

"""Hi all,

I have locked this topic due to the multiple spam posts that were being created to "bump" that lacked any constructive discussion.  We understand alot of people feel passionate about the game and want it to perform the best it can and so do we.  We are constantly monitoring and gathering feedback from the community but as there are thousands of topics/post created every day it is not always possible to acknowledge each and every one.

The team are continuously looking into new ways of improving optimization and stability and are also working on a long term solution for Xbox One X that intend on implementing in the future which will cater to two different audiences: those who prefer better graphics and those who prefer better performance that don’t mind sacrificing some graphical quality.  Currently we do not have many details to share, but will provide updates on this as soon as we are able to.  

Hit the follow tab on the News & Announcements section on the forums.  You'll find the tab at the top right hand side of the page (or if you are on mobile it will be at the bottom).  You can use to get email notifications on when there is new information added about upcoming updates and also weekly community posts by the team."""

Hi IcarusPanda,

A new Weekly community post was released around 2 hours ago with new information on Xbox one X performance.  

As I mentioned in the post you used to quote me, it would be beneficial to hit the follow tab in the News and Announcements section of the forum to be notified whenever new communications are released.

If you have any issues feel free to send me a message.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DA-YETTAY said:

Community post came out and said they are aiming for November. 

Which means we will see it in January or February.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 1

7 minutes ago, MIKERICKSON said:

if it works and gives a smoother or higher fps then im happy with a jan or feb release date. no point in releasing something that doesn't work quickly

• Like 2

1 hora atrás, Andymh5 disse:

Hi IcarusPanda,

A new Weekly community post was released around 2 hours ago with new information on Xbox one X performance.  

As I mentioned in the post you used to quote me, it would be beneficial to hit the follow tab in the News and Announcements section of the forum to be notified whenever new communications are released.

If you have any issues feel free to send me a message.

Hey Andy, you know something about maybe performance being 1080p 60fps and graphics 4k 30fps?

23 minutos atrás, eduhunter disse:

Hey Andy, you know something about maybe performance being 1080p 60fps and graphics 4k 30fps?

good question. Can we choose the resolution?

@Andymh5 Do you know what UE4 engine revision they are using now ? I believe it was on 4.14

4.19 was released back in March that enabled dynamic resolution on consoles 

"With the new Dynamic Resolution feature that adjusts the resolution as needed to achieve desired frame rates, those worlds will run smoother than ever before on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One."

With 4.2 being available, are the team looking at updating the engine to at least 4.19 enable dynamic resolution to improve the overall frame rate ? 

• Like 1

I only want to know two things: a) can we choose 1080p? b) fps will be unlocked?

49 minutes ago, eduhunter said:

23 minutes ago, SasoriSekinetsu said:

@Andymh5 Do you know what UE4 engine revision they are using now ? I believe it was on 4.14

4.19 was released back in March that enabled dynamic resolution on consoles 

"With the new Dynamic Resolution feature that adjusts the resolution as needed to achieve desired frame rates, those worlds will run smoother than ever before on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One."

With 4.2 being available, are the team looking at updating the engine to at least 4.19 enable dynamic resolution to improve the overall frame rate ? 

Hey, I will certainly ask these questions for you. Just be aware that due to the difference in timezones I might not get an answer straight away but as soon as I do I'll reply back to this topic and tag you there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 7

@Andymh5

I found it very cool that they anticipate the performance mode.

What was to be a long-term goal was anticipated for November.

The player base has only to gain from this.

Thank the boys for understanding, please.

A 60fps mode would be the best possible improvement for PUBG. I have to say I’m very skeptical that we will in fact see this however. If the November performance update was going to include 60fps I think they would be advertising it heavily. I have a bad feeling it’s going to be a let down and it may just be an option to go back to the old settings or keep what we got in the ‘temporary fix.’ 

I am really hoping PUBG Corp proves me wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutos atrás, Clutch disse:

A 60fps mode would be the best possible improvement for PUBG. I have to say I’m very skeptical that we will in fact see this however. If the November performance update was going to include 60fps I think they would be advertising it heavily. I have a bad feeling it’s going to be a let down and it may just be an option to go back to the old settings or keep what we got in the ‘temporary fix.’ 

I am really hoping PUBG Corp proves me wrong.

Anything. Absolutely nothing could be better than 45-60 fps. In X we would only be able to choose 1080p, since currently the game runs in 25-30 fps in 4k. In the OG would also be possible 45-60 in 720p. This update would be the best of all.

9 minutes ago, brutusbr said:

Anything. Absolutely nothing could be better than 45-60 fps. In X we would only be able to choose 1080p, since currently the game runs in 25-30 fps in 4k. In the OG would also be possible 45-60 in 720p. This update would be the best of all.

Even a 1440p option would be great. 4K is really pointless. It looks great for movies and tv shows, but I have a hard time noticing the 4K difference in games.

• Like 1

1 minuto atrás, Clutch disse:

Even a 1440p option would be great. 4K is really pointless. It looks great for movies and tv shows, but I have a hard time noticing the 4K difference in games.

Sure, sure.

Ideally, they should allow players to choose the resolution according to their personal taste.

That would be so good that I simply refuse to believe that it will finally happen. 30 fps is too bad ...

What matters is to keep the topic active, at some point they will release more detailed information about what will be done and the guidelines they are following

You guys are crazy if you think they are capable of 60 FPS. Come on guys reallly they don’t even have there menus stable yet. Lol.Don’t get your hopes up just to be let down. But I assure there will be another announcement that they will be checking into it for us. I’m sick of hearing the same reply’s to our feedback. Just happy oct.12th is right around the corner.RIP

• Like 4
  • RIP 5

2 minutos atrás, Violent Texan4 disse:

You guys are crazy if you think they are capable of 60 FPS. Come on guys reallly they don’t even have there menus stable yet. Lol.Don’t get your hopes up just to be let down. But I assure there will be another announcement that they will be checking into it for us. I’m sick of hearing the same reply’s to our feedback. Just happy oct.12th is right around the corner.RIP

If you reduce the quality of graphics at 1080p, the XBOX ONE X runs PUBG at solid 60 fps. I have absolutely no doubt of that.

4 minutes ago, brutusbr said:

If you reduce the quality of graphics at 1080p, the XBOX ONE X runs PUBG at solid 60 fps. I have absolutely no doubt of that.

Will not happen remember they have to keep parody man. There would be an absolute revolt with the og and s users and I have absolute no doubt of that.just pissed I went out and bought an x and 4K tv just for this game because they were advertising 60 FPS and how gorgeous it looked on the x before launch. Boy was I played. Like I said before 60 FPS will not happen. Og xbox can’t do it unless it looked like Minecraft so it WILL not happen.

• RIP 1

7 minutes ago, brutusbr said:

No doubt the X can do it, but this developer is just not capable.  If we get a locked 30 we should all be happy because that is the best this lackluster team will accomplish.

What do you think Brendan Greene was thinking when he teamed with these guys to develop his masterpiece?  I suppose they were cheap because of how bad they are.

6 minutes ago, Violent Texan4 said:

Will not happen remember they have to keep parody man. There would be an absolute revolt with the og and s users and I have absolute no doubt of that.just pissed I went out and bought an x and 4K tv just for this game because they were advertising 60 FPS and how gorgeous it looked on the x before launch. Boy was I played. Like I said before 60 FPS will not happen. Og xbox can’t do it unless it looked like Minecraft so it WILL not happen.

If you went out and spent roughly $1200 on equipment for ONE GAME... there is no fault on the developer. You're just a moron. Some degrees of stupid can't be fixed.

3 hours ago, MIKERICKSON said:

4 minutes ago, MIKERICKSON said:

No doubt the X can do it, but this developer is just not capable.  If we get a locked 30 we should all be happy because that is the best this lackluster team will accomplish.

What do you think Brendan Greene was thinking when he teamed with these guys to develop his masterpiece?  I suppose they were cheap because of how bad they are.

So the mode that your demanding is being talked about and currently worked on. Also, there are talks of it being released next month and you're still bitching?

I'm assuming that once it does come out, you'll find something else that is making the game "unplayable" to complain about. Some people just refuse to be content with anything.

Posted (edited)
16 minutos atrás, spanker63 disse:

If you went out and spent roughly $1200 on equipment for ONE GAME... there is no fault on the developer. You're just a moron. Some degrees of stupid can't be fixed.

So the mode that your demanding is being talked about and currently worked on. Also, there are talks of it being released next month and you're still bitching?

I'm assuming that once it does come out, you'll find something else that is making the game "unplayable" to complain about. Some people just refuse to be content with anything.

They released the dates, we have no reason to complain or complain. It remains to know if we will effectively be able to choose 1080p and if the FPS will be unlocked. If the framerate remains locked at 30 it will not do any good. But I do not believe they implement a perfomance mode with the framerate locked in 30, it would be a very big antics and a real nonsense. For now i  believe in the best and be optimistic.

Edited by brutusbr

2 hours ago, brutusbr said:

Sure, sure.

Ideally, they should allow players to choose the resolution according to their personal taste.

That would be so good that I simply refuse to believe that it will finally happen. 30 fps is too bad ...

What matters is to keep the topic active, at some point they will release more detailed information about what will be done and the guidelines they are following

Hopefully we hear back from Andy today. He said he would ask the devs if it’s gonna be 60fps or dynamic resolution and report back to us. Hopefully he brings us good news ?

17 minutos atrás, Clutch disse:

Hopefully we hear back from Andy today. He said he would ask the devs if it’s gonna be 60fps or dynamic resolution and report back to us. Hopefully he brings us good news ?

Thank you very much for your support. Anything new would be pretty cool right now.