ShatterNL    114

Two versions: ShatterNL's PUBG Map and Caturner's GIS Overlay!

You can also find this guide on Steam

Clarification on the legend:

• Garages: Garage buildings that have a High % of spawning vehicles (Dacia/Motorbike-Sidecar)
  • Vehicle Spawn %: Possible locations where vehicles can spawn.
  • Boat Spawn %: Possible locations where boats can spawn. 
  • Military Loot: Places where there's a higher % chance of finding Military Grade equipment. (Lvl 3 Gear, Attachments)
  • High % Loot (Red): High Risk, High Reward locations - Lots of players will go here if the airplane flies over or near it.
  • Medium % Loot (Yellow): Medium Risk, Medium Reward locations - Good for a squad of 3-4 players, but can vary based on RNG.

Main map legend idea inspired by /u/Pvtjace

0.7 Changes:

Reworked the ENTIRE map! 5k resolution, better and smaller markers with new icons and shadows underneath for better visibility.

Removed Low % Loot, as it was kinda useless to mark every small building for Low % of loot.

Removed "High % Gun Loot".

Added "Military Loot" markers! Places where there's a higher % chance of finding Military Grade equipment. (Examples what you can find here: Level 3 Armor/Helmets/Suppressors/Scopes)

A few "Vehicle Spawn %" markers have been added, since the last patch there are a few new locations (central Pochinki for example now has a spawn)

Changed "Spawn Island" from High to Low Loot.

By request on the Steam guide: I've added a version of my map with /u/c_a_turner : Caturner's amazing GIS Overlay!

• Like 11

ShatterNL    114
33 minutes ago, Suspicious Pixel said:

Awesome work as always. Love the secondary map, wish it makes it into the game as a map option :P

Thanks! Yeah the GIS map is amazing work by Caturner :)

Sanityy    10
Just now, Bravo81 said:

This is awesome! I've even gone and printed a copy off.

Thanks.

I don't have a printer, do you mind printing me a copy and sending it to me? xD 

Absolutely fantastic work of both of you. You are really contributing to the experience of playing this wonderful game. 

Just a heads up that the second map with Caturner's integrated is really hard to interpret with (some forms of) color-blindness. 

If you like, you could try to increase the opacity slightly (mby +10-25%) on the yellow and green (joke) spheres; or increase the brightness of the yellow and decrease the brightness of the reds.

I totally understand if you don't prioritize it, ofc, but I just wanted to mention it. Btw, this probably regards both protanomates and deuteranomates (the latter the most common), and most likely protanopes and deuteranopes as well.

Peace!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, klarkfromthedark said:

Absolutely fantastic work of both of you. You are really contributing to the experience of playing this wonderful game. 

Just a heads up that the second map with Caturner's integrated is really hard to interpret with (some forms of) color-blindness. 

If you like, you could try to increase the opacity slightly (mby +10-25%) on the yellow and green (joke) spheres; or increase the brightness of the yellow and decrease the brightness of the reds.

I totally understand if you don't prioritize it, ofc, but I just wanted to mention it. Btw, this probably regards both protanomates and deuteranomates (the latter the most common), and most likely protanopes and deuteranopes as well.

Peace!

Good suggestion. A colourblind friendly map would be great.

• Like 1

ShatterNL    114
On 7/1/2017 at 8:01 PM, klarkfromthedark said:

Peace!

Hey @klarkfromthedark,

Thanks for the kind words, and I totally know that Caturner's Overlayed map is hard to interpret for colorblind people... as I'm colorblind (deuteranopia) myself! :P

I can't really see it properly myself as well, but someone posted it as a suggestion on the Steam Guide and I loved the idea of a height difference map. I'm currently looking in some sort of way to try and make it colorblind friendly for the next version, but it's gonna be tricky to do it myself.

• Like 1

Aesopx    5
Posted (edited)

Is it possible to replace the ingame map with this one ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) In which folder is the map data?

Edited by Aesopx

ShatterNL    114
6 hours ago, ManFromChicago said:

No more 100% vehicle spawns though, correct?

No those have been gone for almost a month now, the garages have a higher % chance of spawning than the regular markers.

r0eladn    58

@ShatterNL if you by any chance are looking for suggestions of stuff to add to the map, i was thinking of a map that shows the edges of the islands in red/green. basically showing where you can climb up and where not. (or add orange, a place where you can get up but is difficult)

Something like this, but then better and correct ofcourse:

shore.jpg.53758c94da1b962ba14e3ef9a5ba7b87.jpg

dont know if you like it, do with the idea what you will.

• Like 1