Sign in to follow this  
alibx11

Uninstalled game tonight... had enough.

Well never thought I'd say this but tonight I have uninstalled the game.

Been playing this since it's release last December, on a XB1X with ext SSD, and hard wired internet and have to say that for me the graphics and whole game ran better months ago...

never had a problem months ago with rendering, all buildings and weapons had already spawned before I landed... not so now.

The XB1X has been hobbled so badly to make it work on the OGXB it's unbelievable, great way to make a new XB1X enhanced game PUBG.

Some of the textures look so bad now it's like minecraft... infact I think Minecraft's better sometimes.

Trying to snipe at a distance sometimes now I am just looking at playdough buildings..

Plating the war mode event was a joke with OGXBplayers getting lagged inside buildings and mountains able to shoot out with impunity, which made that unplayable...

On top of all the desync/lag, horrible rendering and totally neutering the XB1X, tonight I had my XB1X turn itself off due to overheating.... this I have wondered about for a while because as soon as I start this game up my fans go into overdrive, this only happens with PUBG, no other game runs the fans as loudly as PUBG, but tonight I just started my second game and the whole xbox shut down for me to get the warning when I restarted that it was due to overheating..... now I have no obstructions sitting near the box, I have also replaced the thermal paste so I know thats not it... like I said this is the only game that makes my fans run so hard... sounds like a jet engine sometimes...

If it runs my fans like that when no other game does then it's seriously stressing the CPU and overheating it more than other games with better optimisation do, so time to call it quits before some permenant damage is done.... XB1X aren't cheap to replace just because PUBG shortens it's lifespan....

Might be back in a while to see if it has improved but for now I've had enough of it.

I've never been a big COD fan but time to move on, all my PUBG playing friends already have.... hope something else turns up.

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, alibx11 said:

"and have to say that for me the graphics and whole game ran better months ago..."

This....... 100%.

Xbox PUBG has been getting worse for me since after the June 26th patch (before it reached 1.0).

The developers clearly don't care about the console players, they've got their money and are now milking the game for it's last few bucks in microtransactions.

I'm hoping the 'new game release' later this week takes enough load off the PUBG servers that I can mop up the remaining achievements without to much frustration and then place this little pumpkin to bed.

K.

• Like 6

Same setup as me OP and same experiences (minus the 1X shutdowns).......... and yet i'm still addicted to this broken ass game :(

I am giving BO4 a go since my PUBG bros are getting it (didn't play the beta so no idea if i'm gonna like it or not tbh) so i'll just have to wait and see if it gives me the same buzz........ although i am doubtful.

It's quite sad how bad the development on this game has been tbh, just imagine how awesome PUBG would be running a steady 60fps with decent graphics and rendering, ping based matchmaking that actually work and 60hz tickrate servers.............. a man can dream eh

• Like 6
  • RIP 1

Why do people blame the OG for the issues? They had to turn down the settings on the x to make it run better. How is that the fault of the OG? 

• Like 1

Never understood Uninstall mentality....? 

'oh this umpteenth gig of a game I like but dont like is on my 1tb hdd, taking up no space, and out of either grudge or self control im going to uninstall so I don't have to even think about it or be tempted to launch it again!' 

Then when a decent patch lands or map added or everyone else is having a pubg bash, you need to re install and wait... 

Its a great game, with great problems. Uninstalling helps nothing. 

Except for' dramatic effect' on another im leaving pubg forever forum post...... 

The game is CPU heavy. 

Every other game you have is GPU heavy. 

This game overheats your xbox... 

You replaced thermal paste.... 

I can see a link... Can you? 

Maybe an uninstall is a good option for you because you've damage your core. 

When the game has ping based matchmaking, performance mode, and crossplay with ps4... You might have completely ruined you xbox amd get a new one that works. 

(also trolling you and not interested in your reply) 

I look forward to the day, when pubg is running on Xbox Scarlet 60fps, X1X in performance mode, and 60 fps on OG/S via Xcloud streaming. 

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

Just now, pajama dad said:

Thursday?

I'm asking about what big event, such as is the PTS returning, is there gonna be a hot fix, will the servers go down?

5 minutes ago, NotMuchOfAKing said:

I'm asking about what big event, such as is the PTS returning, is there gonna be a hot fix, will the servers go down?

I know. I don't think anything is happening tomorrow, hence my answer of "Thursday?"

6 minutes ago, NotMuchOfAKing said:

I'm sure he's referring to COD midnight release

2 hours ago, alibx11 said:

Well never thought I'd say this but tonight I have uninstalled the game.

Been playing this since it's release last December, on a XB1X with ext SSD, and hard wired internet and have to say that for me the graphics and whole game ran better months ago...

never had a problem months ago with rendering, all buildings and weapons had already spawned before I landed... not so now.

The XB1X has been hobbled so badly to make it work on the OGXB it's unbelievable, great way to make a new XB1X enhanced game PUBG.

Some of the textures look so bad now it's like minecraft... infact I think Minecraft's better sometimes.

Trying to snipe at a distance sometimes now I am just looking at playdough buildings..

Plating the war mode event was a joke with OGXBplayers getting lagged inside buildings and mountains able to shoot out with impunity, which made that unplayable...

On top of all the desync/lag, horrible rendering and totally neutering the XB1X, tonight I had my XB1X turn itself off due to overheating.... this I have wondered about for a while because as soon as I start this game up my fans go into overdrive, this only happens with PUBG, no other game runs the fans as loudly as PUBG, but tonight I just started my second game and the whole xbox shut down for me to get the warning when I restarted that it was due to overheating..... now I have no obstructions sitting near the box, I have also replaced the thermal paste so I know thats not it... like I said this is the only game that makes my fans run so hard... sounds like a jet engine sometimes...

If it runs my fans like that when no other game does then it's seriously stressing the CPU and overheating it more than other games with better optimisation do, so time to call it quits before some permenant damage is done.... XB1X aren't cheap to replace just because PUBG shortens it's lifespan....

Might be back in a while to see if it has improved but for now I've had enough of it.

I've never been a big COD fan but time to move on, all my PUBG playing friends already have.... hope something else turns up.

i feel you man....this shitty game has gone from bad to really terrible in less than a year.

nothing work as it is supposed to work, basically is a major failure under every aspect, everything they implement it's broken or just doesn't work properly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It does baffle me how much poorer the 1X version has become. Tried sniping into Yospolanya from the cliffs just north of the west side lake, it was fucking tragic how bad the buildings looked at medium to long ranges. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been playing on my xbox one s every single day since release and not once has it overheated and i can barely hear my fans on it but i do agree the game was running much better months ago 

• Like 2

This game had the potential to be the best BR on console for years and years but the truth is Pubg dug their own grave. And tomorrow at midnight Pubg is going to laying in their own grave . 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, hybiepoo said:

Why do people blame the OG for the issues? They had to turn down the settings on the x to make it run better. How is that the fault of the OG? 

Ive had a 1X since it released, PUBG on the 1X is currently worse in almost every way compared to how it performed just after Miramar release. It started going downhill when they were attempting to address the rendering issues that OG users were having even although us 1X users were not having those issues. 

It's not the fault of the OG or the OG user, it's the fault of the developer for adopting a "one size fits all" approach.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The experience on the X was much better when launched on December and kept getting better with each update until a point where the developers decided to boost the OG somehow and they messed with the performance on the X.

I am not a developer and I do not know much about programming. I am just a gamer and I know that the game is not delivering the same experience as it used to in the early days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Goofy The Scot said:

Same setup as me OP and same experiences (minus the 1X shutdowns).......... and yet i'm still addicted to this broken ass game :(

I am giving BO4 a go since my PUBG bros are getting it (didn't play the beta so no idea if i'm gonna like it or not tbh) so i'll just have to wait and see if it gives me the same buzz........ although i am doubtful.

It's quite sad how bad the development on this game has been tbh, just imagine how awesome PUBG would be running a steady 60fps with decent graphics and rendering, ping based matchmaking that actually work and 60hz tickrate servers.............. a man can dream eh

You will enjoy it bro ? it’s pretty fun and lots of chances to make sweet plays not worrying about 5-10fps gun fights ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goofy The Scot said:

Ive had a 1X since it released, PUBG on the 1X is currently worse in almost every way compared to how it performed just after Miramar release. It started going downhill when they were attempting to address the rendering issues that OG users were having even although us 1X users were not having those issues. 

It's not the fault of the OG or the OG user, it's the fault of the developer for adopting a "one size fits all" approach.

I just got my x and I've got better graphics and stability bye fare I loud in faster I feel honestly with pts we all know it's going to be s**t win it first comes out ok but that's the point of having a pts in first place right so we dont have them issue on the live servers it's not ment to be the final thing just help the devs make the game better so we can all be happy with the grate game at his can be and will be hopefully one day 

3 hours ago, walnutsxv said:

This game had the potential to be the best BR on console for years and years but the truth is Pubg dug their own grave. And tomorrow at midnight Pubg is going to laying in their own grave . 

Cod is already available in Aus. Been playing it tonight. Im finding it rather dull. If pubg wasn't buggy, cod wouldn't come close. 

54 minutes ago, hybiepoo said:

Cod is already available in Aus. Been playing it tonight. Im finding it rather dull. If pubg wasn't buggy, cod wouldn't come close. 

T

Edited by MoneyShot

15 hours ago, alibx11 said:

onight I had my XB1X turn itself off due to overheating.... this I have wondered about for a while because as soon as I start this game up my fans go into overdrive, this only happens with PUBG, no other game runs the fans as loudly as PUBG

I didnt notice this until the last hotfix. But mine does it too

1 minute ago, IDarkSyndicate said:

I didnt notice this until the last hotfix. But mine does it too

take a look here and be amazed.....

14 hours ago, hybiepoo said:

I wish it was the case that they were just complaining about turning the settings down. Unfortunately that's not what he us complaining about.

For whatever reason they won't give one x users an option to turn graphics settings down and because of that, it runs significantly WORSE than the OG. Lower framerates, more crashes, etc. Not to mention the advantages that the OG has because if it's lower graphical settings like grass rendering distance being shorter, being able to see into and out of the blue, and sight distance in fog. 

Edited by Jedediah
  • Like 1