PUBG_Hawkinz

Event Mode: Public Beta - Flare Gun Stage 2

Hey everyone,

This week’s event mode is going to be another test of the Flare Gun system. We’ve looked at your feedback from the last round, but want to gather a little more data before we pull the trigger on any changes or deploy the item to live. Unlike the long event before, this test will run from Wednesday until Saturday. Once again, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let us know your thoughts in this thread.

This event mode will mimic normal squad games, except that there will be a rare chance for the Flare Gun to spawn alongside normal loot. The goal here is to basically beta test the Flare Gun as normal PUBG loot with the intention to add it as a rare drop to normal games once the test concludes.

You can also check out our video below to learn more about this test.

EVENT SCHEDULE

STARTS: Oct 10, 7pm PDT / Oct 11, 4am CEST / Oct 11, 11am KST

ENDS: Oct 13, 7pm PDT / Oct 14, 4am CEST / Oct 14, 11am KST

AVAILABLE QUEUES

4-man squads on Erangel

RULES

• Squads of four players will fight on Erangel
  • Flare Guns will spawn randomly all over the map, but are very rare.
  • A plane will drop a special care package if the flare is fired inside the safe zone.
  • A plane will drop a special vehicle if the flare is fired outside the safe zone.
  • An icon on the map will show all players the location where a special care package has dropped.

OTHER EVENT RULES

• 4-person squads only. Auto-matching is switchable to On/Off
  • Weather is set to Sunny
  • Red zones are enabled
  • General care packages are enabled
  • Killer Spectating is enabled
  • Friendly fire is enabled
  • Like 1

why there are no Eu servers for the event and in general. We can not play with a 300 ping !! See my picture and that was the last weekend too

Greets Anvil-Bw    from Germany 

image.png.fcda7f6160afaa99a3a823d04d983e05.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anvil.bw said:

why there are no Eu servers for the event and in general. We can not play with a 300 ping !!

same issue. event unplayable.

• Like 1

FUCK I ALWAYS SPAWN ON ASIA SERVERS???? I´M FROM EU god DAMMED !  Over 300 Ms ,,,,,,,,Fuck this Game

and This Shadow Bug with newest Nvidia Driver is back ! what da hell are you doing? ...i mean if we were working half as bad as you, we would be unemployed

Edited by oo7_Kurt
  • Like 1

I am not inherently against adding the flaregun, however I wouldn't be dissatisfied, should it not go to live.

Should the flaregun ever make it to live servers, I hope the spawn rate is DRASTICALLY(!!!) reduced, as of now it is way too common. roughly 10 flare guns should be the most to ever spawn on a map (preferrably even less).

I get that different development teams do different things, but I would have thought it better to hold on testing the new flare gun mechanic until after that the current global matchmaking/high ping issues are resolved. 

Player counts are down, and the increased instances of desync due to current matchmaking could negatively impact the beta test of the feature.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fail0r said:

same issue. event unplayable.

9 hours ago, Anvil.bw said:

why there are no Eu servers for the event and in general. We can not play with a 300 ping !! See my picture and that was the last weekend too

Greets Anvil-Bw    from Germany 

image.png.fcda7f6160afaa99a3a823d04d983e05.png

Hey guys, let me know if you still get a very high ping in the event mode :)

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, PUBG_HappyWhale said:

thanks now it fits ?

36 minutes ago, PUBG_HappyWhale said:

Hang on, are you saying that there's a potential fix for the matchmaking woes in this public beta test?  I didn't see any mention in the notes, unless I missed it.  

need 50 min to start a game...FPP *asia, and if flare guns are not rare thing (3 per game ) then there is no point to add them into the game.

52 minutes ago, DemonsInTheSky said:

need 50 min to start a game...FPP *asia, and if flare guns are not rare thing (3 per game ) then there is no point to add them into the game.

So I do not have this problem.

Hello Bluehole.

First of all, I really like the Idea of the Flare Gun Event, but i really don't think it has it's place in regular games.

Do you remember when you removed the level 3 helmet from world spawn? You claimed it was because you didn't want players to get such a powerful item from just pure luck, and now you are talking about adding the flare gun as a permanent random drop around the maps? How is this NOT pure luck based? And you even get crazy much more powerfull loot?
I know people are able to see where the drop is going to be from the flare, which can encourage more fights, but seriously, it is WAY to OP with that flare gun... 

Instead you should really consider changing the bluezone, and encourage more fighting with that. I remember you made a huge change to it some months back which were only live for a day or two before you changed it back because people thought it was too big a change comming at once. But it was seriously SO much better! There were so much more fighting going on, and way less time waste, because people were on the move way earlier, and you were able to actually have propper fights after phase 3 when the zone was moving, because it was moving way slower.

Please don't add such a luck drop to the game.

suggestion:

- give the uaz drop an unique plane with an unique planesound

- give the special care package drop an unique plane with an unique planesound or drop it with a helicopter

- give the normal crate drop an unique plane with an unique planesound or keep it as it is

so it would be easier to identify when a plane flys over which stuff is on board.

Am I misstaken or am I just lucky?

Few times now, drop planes are dropping common crate to same area.
Dropplanes seems to soon have same coordinates on map. These are dropping common crates to same half square kilometer. 

Basicly man can get and see 6 common crates in f.ex. vicinity of Pochinski, and on screen at same time. 
Sometime that Feeels bit mad!

suggestion:

- 2 different flare guns, one red the other blue, the red flare gun drops a special care package, the blue flare gun drops an uaz

- both flare guns drop 100% a special care package or uaz whereever shot outside or inside the circle

Okay I will add my comment once again, this time more than just one line.

I have more than 2k+ hours. I don't want this game to die cause then all my hard work dies with it. I mainly play Faceit but still try to enjoy publics from time to time. Don't kill this game with flare guns please. Update 22 was a disaster I have never seen before, most of the streamers just leaving. Now you want to add flare guns come on, its just too "op" if you have luck and find it you can get all the loot you need. Its RNG feature. I don't know anyone who would like flare gun in the main game except "hardcore casuals". Make the events with flare guns thats fine but don't add it into the main game.

Just please listen to the right people!

I really liked the flare gun, but considering how many teams are on the map, every second team was firing a flare gun. I saw way too much. I think in one match, the last 10 guys all had level 3 gear, which i think is too much. I think you should always add everything into the game, flare gun, riot shield ... flamethrower, railgun, i don't care. But those things should be incredibly incredibly rare. Maybe spawn 5 flare guns at max on the map (maybe even less on Sanhok).