I got the bloody nurse outfit, had to change my character from a bloke to a girl, the cross dressing didnt look right lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KammoraV2 said:

I got the bloody nurse outfit, had to change my character from a bloke to a girl, the cross dressing didnt look right lol.

I'm sorry but you are part of the downfall of gaming.  The industry has become all about greed and when people like you fall for their money hungry micro-transactions it enforces there direction to keep making content for outrageous profits over making quality content that can be earned by playing and enjoying the game.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Jack_Burton said:

I scored the clown mask.  Looks wicked. 

can't agree more. Its awesome for just $5. They shoulda kinda lowered the pricing for the entire set tho to atleast 1300-1500.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Boi said:

I'm sorry but you are part of the downfall of gaming.  The industry has become all about greed and when people like you fall for their money hungry micro-transactions it enforces there direction to keep making content for outrageous profits over making quality content that can be earned by playing and enjoying the game.

So you are a player that wants all the good shit and not have to pay for it, free DLC's, free skins ect.. Ok so tell me, how do you expect a company to stay in business without maximizing its profit potential. Being a micro business owner myself I know first hand that you squeeze ever dollar you can, and if it weren't for people buying into my service I would go broke very fast. Me buying  some skins was more about supporting a game that I bought for $30 and have thousands of hours in, I want this game and game developer to not only survive but to thrive so they can further develop this game and create new games into the future. I am sorry if you don't agree with that.

• Like 4
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, KammoraV2 said:

So you are a player that wants all the good shit and not have to pay for it, free DLC's, free skins ect.. Ok so tell me, how do you expect a company to stay in business without maximizing its profit potential. Being a micro business owner myself I know first hand that you squeeze ever dollar you can, and if it weren't for people buying into my service I would go broke very fast. Me buying  some skins was more about supporting a game that I bought for $30 and have thousands of hours in, I want this game and game developer to not only survive but to thrive so they can further develop this game and create new games into the future. I am sorry if you don't agree with that.

I come from back in the day when the games had everything included already in the games and you had to unlock the stuff by playing the game; any new content was added via expansion pass(es) at a set price.  Nowadays they turn every little thing into micro-transactions priced higher over all than how they would be priced bundled in an expansion.  Back then it was gamer creating games because they loved games and now it's just because they're greedy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Big Boi said:

I come from back in the day when the games had everything included already in the games and you had to unlock the stuff by playing the game; any new content was added via expansion pass(es) at a set price.  Nowadays they turn every little thing into micro-transactions priced higher over all than how they would be priced bundled in an expansion.  Back then it was gamer creating games because they loved games and now it's just because they're greedy.

I totally respect your opinion, I also remember when you bought a game disc and that was it, nothing more to pay but unfortunately those days are long gone. The gaming world has changed, its all online now with constant updates and maintenance requirements, i.e a steady cash flow is needed. Back in the day when you bought a disk or cartridge or whatever that game was complete, the developers counted the cash from game sales and moved onto the next project. These days however there is continuing expenses such as servers, I would hate to imagine how much these servers actually cost to run or rent or whatever. There is the cost of employees to develop updates and patches ect ect You get my drift. They need to do it or the games will have much shorter lifespans then we would like them to have, I am sure much of the money we pay is profit and there are guys at the top making a killing of it but that's just business. What about all the people that are kept employed through skins and add-ons, regular people that earn a regular wage. I dont feel I am the downfall of the gaming industry, I am just supporting the game I like to play trying to keep it from dying..

Edited by KammoraV2
  • Like 4
  • RIP 1

the big issue I have with pubg microtransactions is how they are sold.

You buy "coins" in increments that dont align with the cost of items.

Why not just charge a direct monetary price? ...Because of dishonest greed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Boi said:

Back in the day you used to down down the street to Blockbuster when you wanted to watch a movie at home too. Times change, going forward i think we will see more and more games funding themselves with microtransactions. Especially games like PUBG that don't have a campaign to beat. 

7 hours ago, TheCorruptDROID said:

can't agree more. Its awesome for just $5. They shoulda kinda lowered the pricing for the entire set tho to atleast 1300-1500.

Agreed.  It would be nice if they had a “complete the set option” with a little discount.  Or at the least a discount if you buy all the available items.

All good though.  Not complaining.?

4 hours ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

£15 gbp for 1 outfit (nurse) is not a microtransaction.

It's absolute appaling greed. 

This is why I prefer the "season pass" system like with sanhok or Fortnight. £8 ish for a (in fortnights case) a few months of challenges and unlockable cosmetics. The challenges give you some extra gameplay incentive rather than just buying a virtual costume for £15

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Big Boi said:

I must have missed the post from PUBG that requires people to buy cosmetic items.

Oh wait, no I didn't. 

NOBODY IS MAKING YOU BUY ANYTHING!

If somebody wants to buy a cosmetic, how does that negatively affect you?

• Like 1

When three pieces of clothing costs the same as the game you know something is wrong. 

If you can't see that then something is wrong with you. 

9 minutes ago, GabeSousa said:

When three pieces of clothing costs the same as the game you know something is wrong. 

If you can't see that then something is wrong with you. 

Once again, everyone knows it's over priced but when fortnite is getting $10-20 a skin why would they not?

54 minutes ago, Pondjects Killa said:

Once again, everyone knows it's over priced but when fortnite is getting $10-20 a skin why would they not?

Because Fortnite is polished, runs at 60fps, has no server issues and is updated every week religiously. 

Oh, and it's free2play. ?

I would brought the set if was able to use the helmet and the wig at the same time

On 10/26/2018 at 6:50 AM, spanker63 said:

I must have missed the post from PUBG that requires people to buy cosmetic items.

Oh wait, no I didn't. 

NOBODY IS MAKING YOU BUY ANYTHING!

If somebody wants to buy a cosmetic, how does that negatively affect you?

It causes the developers to see how they can make more money from micro-transactions when people buy them so they instead focus more on adding more and more items that can only be gotten through micro-transactions and don't focus on issues within the base game.

I don't mind supporting the team as PUBG has blessed me with thousands of hours of gameplay.

Plus each set is $15-$20 so just purchase just one set, another thing is if they made them all cheap everyone would be running around in your outfit so maybe they thought let players if they really want choose a set for $15 so you are more unique then everyone on the battlegrounds.

10 hours ago, Big Boi said:

It causes the developers to see how they can make more money from micro-transactions when people buy them so they instead focus more on adding more and more items that can only be gotten through micro-transactions and don't focus on issues within the base game.

There are different  teams working on different aspects of the game. They don't take the people working on bug fixes away from their duties to produce outfits. They have a separate team working on cosmetics. Each team had different deadlines that are not dependent on the other. Just because there are more things to buy, does not mean they have stopped working on the issues in the game.

On 10/26/2018 at 8:14 AM, x1337LEE1337x said:

£15 gbp for 1 outfit (nurse) is not a microtransaction.

It's absolute appaling greed. 

I agree £15 is way to much, but I bet even players who hate micro transactions would be tempted to pay that amount if the right cosmetic popped up.

i haven’t bought any g,coin at all but if a Carmine from GOW skin we’re to be released I would have to submit I think 😃

• Like 2

On 10/26/2018 at 6:08 AM, Big Boi said:

I was around back in those days too, but I also don't have anything against micro-transactions (assuming they're done the right way).

This game does Micro-transactions fine. It's all cosmetic and there is no requirement to buy them to do anything that another player can't do.

The main issue being that the price point is rather on the high side (which is why I don't personally buy those outfits, but I don't care about the people who do)

If you don't like it, that's fine, don't buy them... but don't s*** on the people who DO want to buy them, if they have the funds at their disposal to do so it's really none of your business.

MTs are here to stay I'm afraid, get used to it.

Edited by Saikred
  • Like 2